Mini-Suite perks

WWLL

IS NOT A "SUITE" - more like a Deluxe oversized bathroom Balcony cabin.

On a another note - A Mini-Suite may have location location all over

a ordinary Balcony cabin (some aft/stern mini-suites are next to real suites).

Forward may be on higher decks with a better view - varies by ship.

The best mini-suites are on the NCL SUN from what is reported here.

The newer ships are not so great simply a bathtub instead of a stand-in shower !

As for "PERKS" aka PROMOS pick one of the

those offered - UBP Ultimate Beverage - UDP Unlimited Dining - Free WiFi -

Free Shore Excursions - and off and on Friends & Family and Free Gratuities.

Here the difference is the Mini-Suite gets ONLY -1- the real SUITE gets all

of the perks.

Consider and compare cabin fares - the mini-suite is generally priced about

$200-300 more per person - varies by ship; length of voyage; time of booking and sales offerings.

Norwegian isn't the only cruiseline with "mini-suite"category. As others have mentioned, it is not technically in the suite category.

Which ship are you going on? On some ships (Gem comes to mind) the cabin itself is larger and the balcony is too; on Breakaway & Getaway just the bathroom is larger.

Two reasons I would not choose a mini suite on the Gem again... The deck 11 location, while nicely located between the mid-ship and aft stairs, was just under the shuffleboard and other sports area. I got used to it but the noise on my balcony was annoying. The bathtub has an odd shape, very narrow on the bottom. It has a high side and then the door track on top making it difficult to climb into if you have shorter legs or aren't particularly agile. Maybe that says more about me than the suite, but I wish I had been warned!

Mini suites will give you a better bath and a bit more space, but zero perks.

Had a mini suite on the Pearl as DD loves stretching out in a tub. For me the tub was a problem and presented problems for me getting in and out without difficulty with my bum knee. So I will not be booking another mini suite.

I agree with others that the bath-tub is a count against mini-suites (Jewel class anyway). Very hard to get into for short people with balance or knee problems or whatever.

The up-side that at least in Jewel class, the cabin is a bit bigger--not wider, but longer--than the balcony cabins. We thought the balcony was a bit bigger too--can't confirm. One thing to watch with mini-suite locations: we were nestled amongst a bunch of penthouse suites, which meant that our room steward had very little time for us, because she was so busy tending to the big suites. Some days she never made it in to our cabin at all. She was working hard, but I think she was new, and it was all a little too much for her.

None. A mini-suite is not a suite. Just more deception by NCL.

Where is the deception? The name/category of the room is called a mini suite. Would you prefer they call it bigger balcony room? It's just a name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is the deception? The name/category of the room is called a mini suite. Would you prefer they call it bigger balcony room? It's just a name.

The deception manifests itself in the original post. A real suite on NCL imparts many, many nice perks. Obviously a mini-suite passenger receives none of those perks. Over the years many, many people have come to these boards asking the same question over and over. You can be sure there are many, many more people who don't even know these boards exist who are fooled into thinking they are getting suite perks with their mini-suite.

NCL is very aware of this yet chooses to continue the deception hiding behind the excuse 'everyone does it'. Sorry NCL, that doesn't make it right.

To your last question, naming them a Deluxe Balcony would certainly be more accurate.

The deception manifests itself in the original post. A real suite on NCL imparts many, many nice perks. Obviously a mini-suite passenger receives none of those perks. Over the years many, many people have come to these boards asking the same question over and over. You can be sure there are many, many more people who don't even know these boards exist who are fooled into thinking they are getting suite perks with their mini-suite.

NCL is very aware of this yet chooses to continue the deception hiding behind the excuse 'everyone does it'. Sorry NCL, that doesn't make it right.

To your last question, naming them a Deluxe Balcony would certainly be more accurate.

But that's my point. It's just a name. The word suite just refers to a room as a generic term. As far as perks that are or are not included, one should know what's included from either the website booking page or their TA.

The word suite just refers to a room as a generic term.

I disagree. The term "suite" it its most widely accepted definition looks more like this: A suite in a hotel or other public accommodation denotes a class of accommodations with more space and amenities than a typical hotel room.

Even the Wikipedia article on "suite" refers to "gimmicks": Today, the gimmick of special "honeymoon suites" or "romance suites" marketed to couples, newlyweds or "second honeymooners" is widespread, appearing not only in hotel/motel or resort accommodation, but also aboard cruise ships.[3]

It's pretty well accepted that the term "mini-suite" can be misleading. LMB is correct. Once a week (at least) someone will come to this forum and ask about mini-suite perks.

I disagree. The term "suite" it its most widely accepted definition looks more like this: A suite in a hotel or other public accommodation denotes a class of accommodations with more space and amenities than a typical hotel room.

Even the Wikipedia article on "suite" refers to "gimmicks": Today, the gimmick of special "honeymoon suites" or "romance suites" marketed to couples, newlyweds or "second honeymooners" is widespread, appearing not only in hotel/motel or resort accommodation, but also aboard cruise ships.[3]

It's pretty well accepted that the term "mini-suite" can be misleading. LMB is correct. Once a week (at least) someone will come to this forum and ask about mini-suite perks.

You just proved my point about the word suite. And what perks are we talking about? The promos? Those are specifically stated on the website and surely a TA would know about them as well.

You just proved my point about the word suite. And what perks are we talking about? The promos?

No, not the promos.

The suite perks... butler, concierge, Haven access, exclusive dining venue, priority boarding/disembark, priority tendering, etc etc etc...

Absolutely nobody is saying that it's impossible to understand what a mini-suite actually is. All I am saying (and LMB, and dozens others) is that MANY folks have been misled or deceived by the term in the past. That's all.