Must Try Drinks

JenDu32

Thanks for this thread! I always take a list. Last cruise I had a drink package and I swore I drank more in those 7 days than I did the rest of the year. Which really isn't that hard since I don't drink every week. Only got really drunk once when a bartender in the theatre didn't know how to make a Patron Perfect Margarita and wound up with a heavy hand. He offered to remake them but we toughed it out. haha

Here's some drinks we enjoy:

Patron Perfect Margarita

Bellini (great start to the day) - My DH had Blood Marys

Peach Margarita (Pool Bar)

Chocolate Martini

Mojito (my 1st ever, heard they were delicious and I heard right!)

Wildberry Lava Flow (husband's new discovery - he had several)

Determined to try this next time:

Frozen Mojito

Key Lime Margarita

Chocolate Cheesecake Martini (heard this was R Bar specialty - they only make them at a certain time of day and I kept missing them last time)

BBC

The Sheridan's and the Amarula both caught me a year ago on our cruise...can't wait for March to get some more!

Love Amarula on ice. I imagine its because I was introduced to it on safari in South Africa. Actually went on a night safari on the back of the elephant that is on the label. Amazing memories. Do you know if Amarula is included in the drink package?

Determined to try this next time:

Frozen Mojito

Key Lime Margarita **Key Lime MARTINI

Chocolate Cheesecake Martini (heard this was R Bar specialty - they only make them at a certain time of day and I kept missing them last time)

BBC

Martini not Margarita - though I'll be having some of those too.;)

I have to say I was a bit disappointed on our first Royal cruise and not finding a bar with a drink menu. Only the Schooner, R-Bar and Boleros had out a unique menu, but no regular menu. Personally I don't know many drinks by name and I like to see a menu. I pretty much just know daiquiri, margarita and mojito. So I wasn't really able to order much of anything else because I didn't know what to ask for. If they are going to have their own unique drinks shouldn't some bar somewhere have had a menu.

Not sure if I would order the drink package again. I wanted to be able to to order and try different things and had to stick with the same old stuff.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed on our first Royal cruise and not finding a bar with a drink menu. Only the Schooner, R-Bar and Boleros had out a unique menu, but no regular menu. Personally I don't know many drinks by name and I like to see a menu. I pretty much just know daiquiri, margarita and mojito. So I wasn't really able to order much of anything else because I didn't know what to ask for. If they are going to have their own unique drinks shouldn't some bar somewhere have had a menu.

Not sure if I would order the drink package again. I wanted to be able to to order and try different things and had to stick with the same old stuff.

That is probably why I appreciate this thread Soooo much. Same problem for me and now I know lots of new drinks to get made and try [emoji1]

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Black Monkey. Got it on my first cruise back in 2001. I don't even remember all that was in it. Creme de cocoa, Baileys, 2 other liquors blended with ice and a banana. I saw the bartender making one for someone else and when I told him that it looked good he gave me a sample and I was hooked. He was the only one on the ship that could make it and haven't found anyone since :-(

On our last cruise, we met up with some bartenders we'd had on a prior cruise. One of the drinks of the day on the first trip was a Key Lime Lemonade (essentially vodka Lemonade with key lime syrup). That became my drink of choice on our later cruise and they were giving me "grief" about not branching out. Since we had the drink package, I told the one bartender he was in charge of picking my drinks that day. I couldn't tell you all of the different things I had, but if you find a good bartender and tell them what you like and what you don't, they generally can pick out things for you to try.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

See attached.[ATTACH]376898[/ATTACH]

Is this the latest drinks menu? seen one from before they up'ed the prices the and there were LOADS of cocktails then one of the new menus with hardly any, this one looks decent or is this just to give people an idea of cocktails?

if you ask for something not on the menu will they make it for you?

also has anyone been on a European cruise with RCI, do they still do the Aluminum bottles or will they just stock glass ones as they have to restock in Europe?

hijacked the thread a bit so I'm looking forward to Lava Flows, Chocolate Mint and Michelob Ultra (stopped selling this in the UK) :)