What's happening w/Eclipse April/May 2015

cruisestitch

Trying to figure out the schedule for Eclipse and there seem to be two days missing. Do I have the schedule right?

Sunday, March 29 14 night Southern Caribbean

Sunday, April 12 Previously announced dry dock

Tuesday, April 21 16-night Trade Winds Transatlantic, Miami to Southampton

That puts Eclipse in Southampton on Thursday, May 7, if I counted right.

The next cruise is

Sunday, May 9 7-night Norwegian

Now, this could be a little two-day charter, or a travel agency deal, but it messes up any idea of passengers doing the transatlantic and then staying on for the first European cruise, doesn't it?

Just got off the phone with Celebrity (only an 8 minute hold time today (!) and was told that there is a two day cruise called Taste of Celebrity, Southampton - LeHavre-Southampton but while the agent could see it, could not book it. Sounds like something that maybe people in England can get in on, but no one else, or travel agents, or something, but it sure messes up any thought of a B2B with the Transatlantic and the Norway cruise. Agent suggested spending two nights in London, oh yeah, that sounds like fun, pack up everything, schlepp it to London, schelpp it back to Southampton, check in again, unpack again. Nope, not for me.

This link to the European brochure has been posted on the Deployment thread, but I cannot see a 2 day cruise, in fact I can't even find the one which you mention on May 9 th to Norway.

Might I suggest it's a Travel Agents cruise? I would love to do it, but i will just have returned from Century's final cruise!!:p

http://viewer.zmags.com/services/Dow...f&pubVersion=2

There are many hotels in Southampton and the New Forest is interesting.

There are National Trust properties in the area.

There is a good train service to London, if you want to be a 'Tourist.'

Edited by upwarduk

What's really odd is that there is no Eclipse cruise from May 16th thru the 30th. I questioned Celebrity about this and got two totally different answers from two different people at Captains Club. One said it was a charter and the other said it was a dry dock?

I don't see how it can be a dry dock. There was a cruise previously scheduled for April 12, in the Caribbean. A few months ago Celebrity cancelled it and the letter sent to travel agents stated that the ship would be going into dry dock at that time. We were going to be on that cruise and had to cancel. So it's not likely that there would be a dry dock in May. Probably a charter

Im wondering if they are hanging on a bit to get the pricing right. Allure of the Seas is in Southampton from next spring plus P&O launch their new ship modelled on Princess Royal so there will be a lot of cabin spaces to fill across all Southampton based cruise lines. The other two ships have just recently released their prices for next spring, maybe X wanted to gethose price launches out of the way?

As for a dry dock, where do these normally take place for X ships. If not in europe then I cant see it being a dry dock given its after the Transatlantic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 7 months later...
What's really odd is that there is no Eclipse cruise from May 16th thru the 30th. I questioned Celebrity about this and got two totally different answers from two different people at Captains Club. One said it was a charter and the other said it was a dry dock?

the eclipse is chartered for a 5 nighter 25th may

not sure what it is doing between 16th may and 25th may.

anyone know?

also any more info on the 2 nighter 7th may?

There has to be a dry dock somewhere in the Spring of 2015 to install the new Suites Restaurant.

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

As mentioned earlier, there's a 9 day drydock in Mid-April, which happens after Eclipse's last Caribbean sailing of the season, and prior to her transatlantic sailing.

As for May 2015, that seems to be the big mystery, but I highly doubt it's another Drydock.

Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

The 5 nighter on 25th May is being advertised by a UK travel agent, although it is difficult to find on the internet.

Just wondering if Eclipse needs 2 dry docks, one for hull painting, general refurbishement and addition of the suite restaurant, and another on this side of the pond for maintainance of the propulsion units, which seem to be the weak point on many cruise liners.

The 2 nighter is being advertised on the flyer you get from the Future Cruises on board, but when we asked last month, we were told it wasn't going ahead, and therefore wasn't for sale. We were interested, as we are on the 9th May Fjords cruise, and would have liked to add that on if possible.

I suppose nearer the time, they may decide to release these dates for a 2 nighter, depending on how the dry dock goes?

Lou

The 2 nighter is being advertised on the flyer you get from the Future Cruises on board, but when we asked last month, we were told it wasn't going ahead, and therefore wasn't for sale. We were interested, as we are on the 9th May Fjords cruise, and would have liked to add that on if possible.

I suppose nearer the time, they may decide to release these dates for a 2 nighter, depending on how the dry dock goes?

Lou

If anyone sees it released, could you let me know. I would love to do it; we don't often get the opportunity to do short cruises out of the UK very often!

Im wondering if they are hanging on a bit to get the pricing right. Allure of the Seas is in Southampton from next spring plus P&O launch their new ship modelled on Princess Royal so there will be a lot of cabin spaces to fill across all Southampton based cruise lines. The other two ships have just recently released their prices for next spring, maybe X wanted to gethose price launches out of the way?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, we hope so, currently Celebrity are very expensive ex Southampton next summer when c.w. other cruise lines. The med cruise we did last year is currently about £6000 ($10000) for 2 - almost 2x what we paid this year (guaranteed balcony room) - and that is a September cruise. "Free" drinks packages built into that price don't appeal to us. Other cruise lines are currently about the £3600 - £4000 price (for two) for similar cruises (some with a few smaller freebies). Celebrity will be doing well if they fill the Eclipse at the current price.

Lou

Hi Lou-

I can't believe that the 2-nighter is still listed in the onboard flier! It was there when we booked the Fjords cruise aboard the Millennium in mid-April and we'd have booked that mini-cruise in a heartbeat, but it was already off the table 6 months ago.

We've made Paris work for us by flying there from the US via Reykjavik and spending two nights in the city of light before boarding the Eclipse.

Yes, we hope so, currently Celebrity are very expensive ex Southampton next summer when c.w. other cruise lines. The med cruise we did last year is currently about £6000 ($10000) for 2 - almost 2x what we paid this year (guaranteed balcony room) - and that is a September cruise. "Free" drinks packages built into that price don't appeal to us. Other cruise lines are currently about the £3600 - £4000 price (for two) for similar cruises (some with a few smaller freebies). Celebrity will be doing well if they fill the Eclipse at the current price.

If I remember correctly, there is only one Med cruise in 2015 on Eclipse.

Therefore, prices will match demand!:eek:

The two gaps are very odd, I can only presume there are three charters? One from 7-9th one from 16th-25th and the one we know about and have seen advertised from 25th-30th :confused: since she's in dry dock before the TA it's not that. It is a shame there's a gap for those coming over on the TA.

The two gaps are very odd, I can only presume there are three charters? One from 7-9th one from 16th-25th and the one we know about and have seen advertised from 25th-30th :confused: since she's in dry dock before the TA it's not that. It is a shame there's a gap for those coming over on the TA.

would like to know who has chartered for them dates.

would be interested in some of the possible dates.

does anyone know?

• 3 weeks later...
would like to know who has chartered for them dates.

would be interested in some of the possible dates.

does anyone know?

On cruisecal.com you can find this three cruises (May 7-9, 16-25 and 25-30) and all port stops. However, it is not clear who chartered her May 16-25. Must be a private charter, maybe by a large company. Cruise goes to Norway as well.