Oasis of the Seas Bars

There are 3 bars I'm looking forward to checking out while on Oasis, Globe and Atlas, The Rising Tide, and The Champagne bar (and maybe Vintages and Schooner Bar if there's time) What I'm wondering is, is how difficult it is to find a table/seat at any of them? Are there any of them particularly

difficult to get a seat?

Also wondering if there's a good bar to go to and have a drink while the ship sails out of port on the first day aboard?

The Rising Tide has the fewest number of seats, but we had no real problem getting seats. New Year's Eve is a different story.

There's no inside climate controlled bar with a view outside, unless you are a guest in a Grand Suite or better, or Pinnacle level in C&A.

Not sure it was Oasis, but one of the Oasis class ships no longer has a Champagne Bar, it was changed into the robot bar.

Are there appetizers/chips/snacks/nuts in these places? I need munchies if I'm going to drink. Do I just go to Sorrentos and grab a few slices and bring them in?

No munchies in bars, except for tapas (extra cost) at Vintages.

Thanks for the advice/help. So much to look forward to and try and getting excited about my first trip on a cruise. Not quite 10 months to go.

My wife and I did the OTS 10/12/2013 and I STILL remember our room#12498 aft balcony (about 4 or 5 rooms from the end). She IS one BIG beautiful ship ! We really didn't do any exploring on any of the other decks but our deck was gray wallpaper w/salmon accent and gray carpet the length of the hall and the halls and elevator waiting area were spotlessly clean. She IS A BIG lady (app 5400 people) so both the MDR and Windjammer CAN be packed, get to the Windjammer early for breakfast or lunch, because the tables at the windows fill up early. They have two GREAT steakhouses, one is a bit pricy the other is also very good and reasonable about $35 for each adult and I believe they have a child's menu as well. But if you decide to try either reservations are your best bet. Either way, have a FANTASTIC cruise ! She'll be a ship you'll always remember for a first cruise.

Mac

There are 3 bars I'm looking forward to checking out while on Oasis, Globe and Atlas, The Rising Tide, and The Champagne bar (and maybe Vintages and Schooner Bar if there's time) What I'm wondering is, is how difficult it is to find a table/seat at any of them? Are there any of them particularly

difficult to get a seat?

Also wondering if there's a good bar to go to and have a drink while the ship sails out of port on the first day aboard?

G'day if you get a chance please check out my review from Allure Jan2 to Jan 8th . The review is strictly about the bars on the ship. champagne Bar was our go to pre dinner drink bar. You will not find any frozen cocktails here but they do have a very unique and fun drink menu. I was so looking forward to the Rising Tide bar pre cruise and honestly it was a total bust. It operated in limited hours and never knew when it was open or closed. The posted times in central park on deck 8 for Bar arrival and departure are nowhere close to accurate. It just became to much like work just to get a drink. Globe and Atlas for the Beer lover this is a great location as they offer the best selection of beer on the ship. I was disappointed though that there is basically nothing on tap everything is bottle or can. Some good nightly entertainment here as well. Schooner bar was for us another regular hang out. Matt from Australia was the performer that week and with out a doubt the best Piano lounge performer I have seen in my life. This location is also a great spot for viewing any of the parades and parties taking place on the Royal promenade . Get their early on those days to secure a prime seat. Please feel free to shoot me any other questions I did manage to get to every single bar on the ship . Cheers !

We were in Solarium bar for sailaway on Oasis Dec. The Anthem was in port that day and sailed by us, so close you could almost touch her in the narrow channel at Port Canaveral. Walked to outdoor railing as she passed on her way to the Atlantic.

I love the Rising Tide bar at night. There was never a problem getting a chair. One night a large man was sitting across me. He turned out to be Hulk Hogan. The schooner bar was always empty because the piano player had no personality at all. People would walk in and walk right out. Other times on other cruises the piano area was packed with people. It depends on the ability of the piano player to get cruisers to sing along with him.

Globe and Atlas can be full when there is entertainment. Rising Tide can get full. There is a posted electronic sign that tells you when it arrives and departs next. The Champagne bar never looked full when I passed by.

difficult to get a seat?

On Oasis the Schooner Bar had a complementary snack mix.

Yes, you can grab some pizza (not that great though, open until 3 AM) or mini sandwiches/desserts from the Promenade Cafe (open 24 hours and pretty tasty) and take them in to the bar with you. You can take food from anywhere to anywhere on the ship, no one cares.

Are there appetizers/chips/snacks/nuts in these places? I need munchies if I'm going to drink. Do I just go to Sorrentos and grab a few slices and bring them in?

All the bars are the same...as far as what they serve. Get beer at the Champagne bar..martinis at the Schooner bar....whatever you want at any bar. There are seldom crowds anywhere ....folks get a drink and move on!

You may possibly be right about the drink selection, but "seldom crowds anywhere"... really?. What ships are you cruising on ? :confused: