How many nights do you eat in specialty rstaurants on your cruise?

We had 8 night in a specialty on my last cruise which was a 12 day cruise, have 5 night package for my 7 night cruise and may eat all 7 dinners in specialty. I think they are worth the extra money for food and service also more space between tables

We usually do the same thing. We are tired of the same old same old experience in the MDR. Tired of being crowded together next to other tables. Many people will say we are stupid for doing it since the price of food is included in your cruise fare but we think it is well worth it. We have started a tradition of eating in Chops the first night.

Sometimes if we have been off at a port and sampled some local cuisine we just snack for dinner on whatever is offered in the Diamond Lounge. Then we are no so stuffed to go to bad that night.

Pretty much each night of the cruise. Enjoy trying out all the new ones available as the opportunity arises. We plan on spending the additional cost once we book our cruise since we enjoy the experience. Just don't care for the MDR atmosphere anymore. We usually do have a breakfast and a lunch in there throughout the week though. Anything other than the buffet, dread that place

We usually split the cruise between specialty dining and MDR. We enjoy both for different reasons. Though, on our last 7 night cruise we actually only ate in the MDR on the first night. The rest of the cruise was specialty dining and the Windjammer.

Our last cruise on Celebrity, the MDR experience was awful. After two nights we ate in specialities the rest of the cruise. The service was that bad. Spent at least $500 more than planned due to that.

We are off on Allure for spring break. Have 2 specialty nights booked, and might do more if the MDR experience isn't good!

We did a 7 night cruise on Oasis last June. We did Izumi Hibachi one night, and Chops another night. 4 nights at Windjammer and one night in the MDR.:')

DH wasn't happy, but we just were not feeling the MDR. And when we DID go, it was Underwhelming. Preferred Windjammer.

Our last cruise was our first and we didn't try any of them. Mainly because we had our kids with us, and it's not that they don't behave in public because they are very well mannered, but they are extremely picky eaters and it's hard to justify paying the cost for them to not eat anything.

This next cruise, we have some free specialty dining credits so we will at least try Chops, but because I now have an extremely restricted diet, it's probably the only one I can eat at.

And honestly we don't mind the MDR. It's nicer than most of the places we usually eat as a family, and dressing up makes it feel a bit more special.

Usually 2-3 per 7 night cruise.

But never paid for eating in specialty restaurants

We usually eat in CK twice and Chops because we were comp by TA.

MDR is enjoyable with entertaining table mates.

And besides we have met so many nice families I can only hope we sail again together!!!!!!!!!!

Safe travels.

We find the MDR to be fine and enjoy it the majority of nights. We also like the quiet

atmosphere and personalized service in the specialty restaurants and eat there twice on a 7 day cruise. And there is always one night we stay very casual and eat at Johnny Rockets or the Windjammer. So on a week cruise, usually 4 nights in MDR, 2 in Specialty, and 1 in the buffet.

We usually split nights between the Windjammer and specialty restaurants. Sometimes we do one formal night in the MDR.

I'm torn on this topic. The reason we eat at specialty restaurants is because the food has become so terrible in the MDR and the service is so slow. It's truly just Windjammer buffet food with a nicer presentation and (slow) wait service.

That being said, I hate to feel like I am rewarding Royal Caribbean for diminishing the MDR to such a level by paying for specialty restaurants.

Or group always finds something tasty to eat in the MDR. We'll pick one night of the cruise to have a "celebration" dinner in a specialty restaurant. Last two trips were on Navigator and Adventure. Easy enough to choose between a couple specialty places. Next trip is on Harmony. With so many options, it will be hard to choose this time.

First night done right was at Samba Grill (lamb chops mmmm). Salad Buffet was ok and the fries good. Cinnamon on corn. What is the thing with cinnamon on this ship? I find it everywhere and hate it so much!

Giovanni's Worth each penny (and we don't have pennies anymore in Canada lol!). Oh-My-God. Sooooooo good! The restaurant on Allure is small and They put tables outside where people walk to pass on Central Park, not ideal for Us, we ate inside.

The sushi class (30$) was a blast! Good and funny sushi master and good and funny people at Table (this is in the morning)

The Galley tour + brunch (25$) was very instructive and the food after was good. Bottomless champagne!

Usually 2/3 nights on a seven day cruise. The first couple of nights we eat in the MDR to meet our table mates. My wife and I are big steak eaters, enjoy Chops very much, and believe the extra charge is well worth it. My son goes to the kids club during these meals.

I have never had a bad meal in the MDR, the problem is that it just takes so long, usually gets stretched out to two hours, by then my son is bored and ready to go.

Have not had a dinner in the MDR in over 10 years. Our favorite specialty restaurant at sea is Murano on Celebrity, we also love Chops and Wonderland on Royal, and the Crown Grille on Princess. We love the quality of the service, food, and attention to detail in the specialty restaurants.

BILL