The Bogoho Sale Ends, how did you fare?

BOGOHO is gone but not forgotten. Let's see what happens to prices over the next two months. The skeptic in me says these 'normal' prices aren't going to stick. I think we still got a better deal, but the prices will drop a little from the current levels. Not low enough to wipe out our 25% savings, maybe 5-10%.

Anyway I'm happy, and if something happens we are still along way from final payment. :D

We booked three balcony and one js cabins on Oasis for Oct of next year. Saved over $4200 combined if you look at current prices. Deal was great for us, but about half of the savings came from the js which we wouldn't have booked without the deal.

We purchased LAST NIGHT....E-1, E-2 ANd E-3.....just curious....does anyone know what the earlier sale prices were? We keep reading how the prices steadily increased. (E2 was $1892 for 2people)

Our last RC cruise was in 1995......so we are newbies once again!

Thank you to all in advance!

We had booked an E-2 for March 2016 on the Freedom and it was $1,744.30 for that cabin for the two of us. Today it is almost $600 more for that same type of cabin. Glad we booked yesterday.

BOGOHO is gone but not forgotten. Let's see what happens to prices over the next two months. The skeptic in me says these 'normal' prices aren't going to stick. I think we still got a better deal, but the prices will drop a little from the current levels. Not low enough to wipe out our 25% savings, maybe 5-10%.

Anyway I'm happy, and if something happens we are still along way from final payment. :D

I also think that the prices or some of them will come down. Time will tell:)

Edited by molly361

Just compared the total (pre-tax) price on my Sept 2015 TA (Brilliance). I paid a total of $1529 LESS during BOGOHO sale than what it would cost now (for 2 people, Cat N (inside)). My mom and I never would have been able to afford this 15 night cruise at today's price, so I am THRILLED we were able to take advantage of the BOGOHO when we did :)

for the April bogoho we booked an Australia cruise JS for 2939/1470. The day after the sale ended, it was going for 2204/2204 (the difference of $1 less - grrrrrrr). It stayed that price for two months; then 2354/2354 and now its at $3139. And today a florida rate opened at $2539. I actually need to stop looking at the pricing.

So the $2204 rate was the lowest it was ever offered and while the rate most likely will never drop and is equal to the bogoho, I'm okay. Used a ncc for OBC and also transferred to a TA for additional OBC and perks.

It hurt a little at first as the deal wasn't as great as I thought. Still a decent rate for a corner aft in Australia. I'm using miles to fly there/back, spending 2 1/2 weeks pre cruise, many on hotel points. I'm a D+ so I'll get my nightly drinks for free. So overall, no complaints.

Edited by Trekker954

A cruise I was watching to Alaska for next year has gone up today over $500...ouch...and that's only an OV not a balcony...hoping it comes back down...

In early may though I saved over $500 getting a cruise for next April re-priced...one cabin as a solo even had no single supplement...Sweet!

I think we did pretty good! :D Our transatlantic on Brilliance, May 2015 is now about $500 each MORE per person. So for two of us, the cabin savings to date are approximately $1,000 but we also have a $200 OBC for booking during the WOW sale so combining the two, overall we've saved about $1200 so far. Yes it pays to book early. ;)

It appears that hubby and I did pretty well by booking our sailing last night on Adventure of the Seas for May 16, 2015. This morning our Superior Balcony cabin is $650 pp more! That's a lotta cash....at least for us. We're happy with our outcome.

Booked for 2 people with the BOGO half on RC Legend in Mar,2015, a 10 nt Southern. A LSR on deck 6 at $1,4xx.xx and is now about $1000 more!!!:eek: We're doin the happy dance :D

Watch for a Canadian Resident sale again.

We booked in May with it and our rate was $548 cheaper then the BOGO rate.. and $1000+ cheaper then todays fare.

Happy so far. We booked a GS on the Jewel for January for 4 of us that was only $200 more than the current going rate for two E1's and over $1200 cheaper than the current GS rate.

I agree, I checked the historical pricing and I do not find it coincidental that the price for the GS we booked shot up the day before the BOGOHO promotion.

Booked Voyager for Feb 5/15, 14 day Australia/South Pacific/NZ cruise in early May at the start of BOGOHO. Cat X (guar. balcony) was $3025- including taxes and an OBC of $325- which covers grats. Assigned D3 cabin a week later. Right now D3 costs $5508-. So this cruise on my bucket list is costing me $108/pp/day including taxes and grats. I am very happy but I'd be happier if the airfare wasn't costing me more than the cruise.

Trying to figure out how RCI is figuring discounts. Below is current pricing for Legend Sept 7 in a JS. Balcony discount is $350. Wonder what the other discounts are?

Stateroom Total $8,141.88 USD

Guest 1Guest 2Cruise Fare:$4,499.00 $4,499.00 Taxes, fees and port expenses:$168.44 $168.44 Discount:($743.00) ($450.00) Per Person Total:$3,924.44 $4,217.44