FLL Pre Cruise Hotel?

LissyTx

Wow, most hotels I'm finding that look average to nice are like $250-400 per night. YIKES!

Any recommendations that are below $250 with the below criteria?

What's important to me:

• Free breakfast OR McDonalds, Denny's etc within 5 min walk
  • Free Internet
  • Free shuttle from airport
  • Safe
  • Clean
  • No more than 20, max 30 mins from port

Preferred but not a must:

• Easy beach access
  • Within 5-15 min taxi ride to port

We are traveling on the Allure in Nov. (Sat 11/14 stay)

Thanks!!!

Edited by LissyTx

Sleep Inn Dania

Hyatt Place Convention Center on Value Trips

You can get a room in November for less than $150 and these meet almost all of your criteria. Book now while they last. No beach hotels have free airport shuttle, but these hotels have free shuttles and are a very short ride from the beach (or a nice long walk).

Edited by royalcruz

Some of the hotels along 17th street including the Holiday Inn express, Confort Inn and suites, and the Hilton Ft,Lauderdale Marina are all showing 189.00 on the 14th of Nov. It is the beginning of high season.

Edited by nhraformula00

There are hotels in the 17th St. area that meeting your critieria (with the exception of the shuttle) that are under $250. The hotel areas, port, and airport are so close to one another that taxi fares are low, so I wouldn't press for a shuttle if your other needs are met.

Roz

Wow, most hotels I'm finding that look average to nice are like $250-400 per night. YIKES!

Any recommendations that are below $250 with the below criteria?

What's important to me:

• Free breakfast OR McDonalds, Denny's etc within 5 min walk
  • Free Internet
  • Free shuttle from airport
  • Safe
  • Clean
  • No more than 20, max 30 mins from port

Preferred but not a must:

• Easy beach access
  • Within 5-15 min taxi ride to port

We are traveling on the Allure in Nov. (Sat 11/14 stay)

Thanks!!!

Try Springhill Suites in Dania. Free shuttles (from airport and to pier), free breakfast and nice rooms.

We went on the Allure in Feb and stayed at the Best Western Airport/Cruise Port.

1221 W State Road 84

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33315-2349, US

Phone: 954/462-7005

Fax: 954/462-5949

Toll Free Reservations:

888-744-7005

This hotel has free shuttle from the airport, free breakfast, free internet, swimming pool, a small shopping mall beside the hotel, including McDonalds, Wendy's, Dunkin Donuts, etc. The mall has a liquor store, Win Dixie, Dollar store and more restuarants. Great location and clean. The staff were excellent! They do have a shuttle but there is a cost - think it was $8/pp. :)

Try http://www.buyreservations.com

Most hotels offer at least 7 days parking.

They Hyatt offers a 7 day parking too .. an additional sm fee for each additional day.

Stay away from Embassy Suite. I booked back in Feb for a night; was promise 11 day parking in the fee. Well called today to see if I could come in early and found out that the price I was quoted was a mistake and it was an additional $20.00 per day on top on the $305

Spoke to everyone possible and was told they would give me a great deal on parking... $7.00 a day.

Cancel...

Also check out IGH they had parking up to 10 days too.

Both hotels are close to everything and taxi is only $10-15 per trip.

Make sure they use their meters.. or they will try to charge you more..

One thing to keep in mind for Ft. Lauderdale in November is the big in water yacht/boat show. I'm sailing the Allure this November and I'm paying $279 for one night at the Renaissance on 17th Street. Hotel rates the week of the boat show are very high as is the demand.

It looks like I am on the Allure sailing the week before you.

Edited by Eng23

We are staying here http://www.seaclubresort.com/ next month. I think it matches all your criteria except free shuttle to/from airport. We are renting a car through Alamo for about $20 for the night and this place has free parking.

Be sure to read the reviews on TripAdvisor for Sea Club. This is one of the last standing beachfront spring break motels; they have been renovating the motel over the last few years but it seems they haven't renovated the bathrooms, and the photos posted look gross.

Best Western Oceanside is only $165 (or even less with AAA). They have free breakfast and wifi in the lobby, but no shuttles (it's about $20 from airport and $15-20 to port). It's a block from the beach.

Dumb question....is a taxi the same price if we have 5 people to ride as it would be for 1 person? Like the idea of this hotel for our pre cruise and post cruise stay but not sure how much we should expect to pay for taxis to/from airport and to/from pier. Thanks!

Dumb question....is a taxi the same price if we have 5 people to ride as it would be for 1 person? Like the idea of this hotel for our pre cruise and post cruise stay but not sure how much we should expect to pay for taxis to/from airport and to/from pier. Thanks!

Same price and 5 passengers not overloaded with luggage should fit in a van taxi ( which are plentiful).

• 2 weeks later...
We are staying here http://www.seaclubresort.com/ next month. I think it matches all your criteria except free shuttle to/from airport. We are renting a car through Alamo for about $20 for the night and this place has free parking.

AS we have booked this hotel also but not until Oct 2015. So if it is bad please let me know right away so I can cancel and get us another place to stay!

Thanks~!

We went on the Allure in Feb and stayed at the Best Western Airport/Cruise Port.

1221 W State Road 84

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33315-2349, US

:)

This area and these hotels out there are gross. I would avoid them.

Best Western Oceanside is only $165 (or even less with AAA). They have free breakfast and wifi in the lobby, but no shuttles (it's about $20 from airport and $15-20 to port). It's a block from the beach.

I second this suggestion.

To the OP, there are a bunch of small mom and pop motels on Birch Road which is a block or two off the beach. If you google map it, you can find the names and start calling. Some are very quaint and lovely, none look bad.

Also try The Snooze Inn.