FLL 10:35am Flight Time

Empehi

OK ... I know the cruise line says no ... but what does one think the odds of making this flight .... no check bags.

empehi

We had a 10:35 out of FLL on a Saturday in May, with checked bags and were waiting at the gate at 9:00 AM. We were worried, but didn't have any issues.

Discussed here regularly, 10:30 is the earliest recommended. The cruise line says no because they won't guarantee making that flight using cruise line transfers. So, as VERY commonly recommended, you walk off, and get a cab.

Edited by CruiserBruce

You might be able to get an earlier flight when you check in

We have done this a couple of times (as recent as last week!). We book a flight we feel certain of making and then try to get to the airport as early as possible to see about standing by on an earlier flight. Some airlines will let you do this for free (it may depend on your airline status), others will charge you.

We feel more comfortable with this approach, but sometimes we do have several hours to kill at the airport.

You might be able to get an earlier flight when you check in

Twice last season off the Royal we caught a 7:30 Delta flight. First walk off group is a must. Of course the Royal is scheduled in at 6:00 not 7:00.

Twice last season off the Royal we caught a 7:30 Delta flight. First walk off group is a must. Of course the Royal is scheduled in at 6:00 not 7:00.

Then you must have been on Oasis/Allure...otherwise ;) A 7:30am DL flight ....lucky you :)

I am not the OP but this thread is giving me confidence to book the 10:45AM FLL flight I want. We will be arriving on the Royal at 6:00AM on Friday, 3/10.We will walk our luggage off and grab a cab to the airport.

You don't need to walk it off. Just be in the first group called off and grab a porter in the luggage terminal. (Tip)

He will get your luggage, get you through customs and in a taxi in a flash. :)

My son missed his 10:24 flight 3/05/16 from FLL to DAY. There were delays getting ship cleared in port-delays for customs/security. This was the only flight for Allegient that day. He was able to get on a flight at 2:30 from American. (We were on different flight going to BNA.)

It can be done, but it stinks when there are delays/disruption occur. Our cruise next year will not have flight before noon.

My son missed his 10:24 flight 3/05/16 from FLL to DAY. There were delays getting ship cleared in port-delays for customs/security. This was the only flight for Allegient that day. He was able to get on a flight at 2:30 from American. (We were on different flight going to BNA.)

It can be done, but it stinks when there are delays/disruption occur. Our cruise next year will not have flight before noon.

Curious where your son was in the disembarking process- carry off his own bags? Or a group assigned by the ship later in the process? Did he catch a cab?

• 4 months later...
You don't need to walk it off. Just be in the first group called off and grab a porter in the luggage terminal. (Tip)

He will get your luggage, get you through customs and in a taxi in a flash. :)

Well, you were right about not needing to walk off! We were off the ship by 6:25. Bags checked and waiting by 7:00AM for a 10:55AM flight. Lucky it was so smooth.