Window vs. No Window

mouse1203

I'm planning to book a surprise cruise for DH and I in December (Cozumel and Progresso) in the next couple of days. This is the first time for both of us, and I can't decide if it is worth the extra 100.00 to get the window. We usually don't hang out in our room, so I don't know. What are your thoughts? I appreciate your help!

Having a window helps with orientation, with knowing whether its day or night, wet or fine, in port or at sea. And the natural light.

Tried an inside cabin once, took advice about leaving the TV on, sound turned off, tuned to the ship's mast-head camera.

It helped.

But not a lot.

JB :)

I have only cruised once and did not mind not having a window at all. When my husband and I were in the room we were usually resting and I have problems sleeping if there is any light at all - so I was very thankful to not have a window.

Personally I would forego the window and save the $100 for one of the spa specials! For less than $100 I got a mini-facial, hand massage, and foot massage - now THAT was heaven and totally worth the money. :D

100 / day or 100 / person for the cruise.

All depends on do you have to save on somethign else, excursion or what not.

If I had to trade a excursion, never, if just for light from a small window, maybe not. Eletricity is free, 100 bucks is 100 bucks :D Food is the same, view from the deck is the same, service is the same, alarm clock is coming anyways, like I said I'm cheap.

It's a personal choice.

Inside cabins are great for sleeping b/c they are soooo dark. I get disoriented in them b/c I need the natural light to help me know what time it is. It's like seeing an afternoon movie in winter -- light when you go in & dark when you come out; always messes me up.

If you do choose to save the $$, if you turn your TV to the bow cam channel & turn the sound off when you go to sleep, as the sun rises outside you will "see" it.

I'm planning to book a surprise cruise for DH and I in December (Cozumel and Progresso) in the next couple of days. This is the first time for both of us, and I can't decide if it is worth the extra 100.00 to get the window. We usually don't hang out in our room, so I don't know. What are your thoughts? I appreciate your help!

Just a thought ...

Would you book a hotel room without a window? :confused:

If it's not going to break the bank, go for the window. But does that $100 buy you a view? I've seen some obstructed view cabins that look out onto the promanade then there is a steel bulkhead blocking all of your view of the ocean. You get to see all of the folks on the promanade walking by but not much else.

John

We have done both and enjoyed the cruises equally. As some have said, $100 means different things depending on your budget. We don't spend time in the room except to get ready in the morning, change clothes and sleep so to us the $100 would probably be better spent on port activities or drinks. The bridge cam channel on the TV worked well for letting us know what it was like outside when we had the inside cabin.

Archived