Bring case of water on The Breakaway?

I've been on the Breakaway 4 times and brought a case of water each time. It's been 18 months since I last cruised on her and my sister-in-law will be on it next month. She can't seem to get a straight answer if it is still okay to bring a case of water. These cruise lines change allowable items and such so often that just because I did it 18 months ago doesn't mean she can now and so we are wondering if anyone knows for sure?

Short & quick answer, NCL changed its policy mid 2016 and no longer allowed canned or bottled soda & water to be taken onboard, not in checked luggage & not as carry-on. Exceptions or waivers are given for medical and as needed for infant formulas, etc. by contacting Special Needs.

They are available on board & sold at ship pricing + 18%, of course. $$ #cough #cough

Here's a definitive answer: Absolutely not. Sorry :( My boyfriend is a deckhand and on embarkation, he stands with the port authority and they screen every single bag for beverages. He takes the bag from port authority and off it goes to the naughty room.....or it could go to the crew closet for 'safe keeping'....

Short & quick answer, NCL changed its policy mid 2016 and no longer allowed canned or bottled soda & water to be taken onboard, not in checked luggage & not as carry-on. Exceptions or waivers are given for medical and as needed for infant formulas, etc. by contacting Special Needs.
That's pretty much the long answer, too. I mean, what more is there to say about this topic? :evilsmile:

Here's a definitive answer: Absolutely not. Sorry :( My boyfriend is a deckhand and on embarkation, he stands with the port authority and they screen every single bag for beverages. He takes the bag from port authority and off it goes to the naughty room.....or it could go to the crew closet for 'safe keeping'....

Pretty sure the first two responses were definitive answers. ;p

I've been on the Breakaway 4 times and brought a case of water each time. It's been 18 months since I last cruised on her and my sister-in-law will be on it next month. She can't seem to get a straight answer if it is still okay to bring a case of water. These cruise lines change allowable items and such so often that just because I did it 18 months ago doesn't mean she can now and so we are wondering if anyone knows for sure?

I do not know why she can't get a straight answer. Whom has she been asking? The straight answer is NO!

As others explained, as of last July 16 NO water or soda can be brought aboard. That ruling has not been changed.

But you can purchase a case (24) of 1 liter aquafina bottles for the low price of $45! That is about 1000% markup last time I checked.

If you search for ways to sneak in beverages, we have had great luck in the past (most recently last week) getting our alcohol on board without any problems.

They did lower the prices on the pre-purchased Aquafina water. It's in 1 liter bottles and will normally cost about $2 a bottle in a grocery store where I live. The six pack we purchased is the smallest they offer, and the most per bottle, and it was $18. A 12 pack is $33.

Unlike some other cruise lines, NCL does not include bottled water in their alcoholic drink plans.

There are a lot of water threads, with all sorts of recommendations on what to do (filtered water bottles, drinking from the toilet, etc.) I don't think you can find the bottled water prices on the website unless you are logged in anymore, so I wanted to add that info. You can find bottled water packages under the "Explore and Plan" menu >> "6 Beverage Packages" to see the current pricing for 6, 12 and 18 packs of the large 1 liter bottles of Aquafina.

NCL has a $15 corkage fee on ALL wine that anyone takes on board but you can drink it anywhere.

There are some good wines, not many, with a screw on top. Do they charge for this as well?

Carnival sells a 12 pack of bottled water, 16.9 onces bottles, for 4.50. That's​ the equivalent of $18 for 24 1 liter bottles.

In what world can you compare case lot pricing against individual bottle pricing?

Carnival decided not to excessively profit due restrictions on bringing water on board. NCL not as much.

Ultimate Beverage package doesn't include bottled water. Other cruise lines include bottled water in less expensive packages. Call it cheap booze plan.