Cruise next certificate question

I'm hoping someone can help answer a quick question or two or ten :D regarding a cruise next certificate. Are they transferable? Do I just give them my latitudes number for them to transfer it? How long does the transfer take?

Is it $250 and it counts as your deposit? Can my husband and I both use a certificate and have it pay both of our deposits? Is there a certificate number I give to either the PCC or a TA?

Sorry for so many questions but I just want to make sure I understand what they are and what they do. The last NCL cruise we were on they offered them for purchase but I was unsure if we would use them in time because we'd already booked a few trips. Now of course I'm totally ready for another Norwegian cruise.

Usually you are only allowed to use 1 certificate per cabin. So, under normal circumstances, you both can't use them together. There are times though when NCL announces you can use 2 of them at once. I think one of times just past.

Transferring is easy. There's number to call, which I can't remember right now. Whoever purchased them gives NCL their name and latitudes number, and the name and latitudes number of the person they want to transfer to. It only takes a couple of minutes. I buy one for my sister for Christmas every year.

I'm hoping someone can help answer a quick question or two or ten :D regarding a cruise next certificate. Are they transferable? Do I just give them my latitudes number for them to transfer it? How long does the transfer take?

Is it $250 and it counts as your deposit? Can my husband and I both use a certificate and have it pay both of our deposits? Is there a certificate number I give to either the PCC or a TA?

Sorry for so many questions but I just want to make sure I understand what they are and what they do. The last NCL cruise we were on they offered them for purchase but I was unsure if we would use them in time because we'd already booked a few trips. Now of course I'm totally ready for another Norwegian cruise.

As ColinIllinois said, they're transferable. Unless NCL is running a special, I believe it's only one per stateroom (but, I cruise solo, so have never tried to use two). I have used them twice to pay for my deposit. If you log into your MyNCL account you should see your certificate(s) there, including certificate number. If you're booking directly with NCL, your PCC can also access your certificate and apply it for you. I don't recall if my TA could access my certificate numbers or if I gave them to her. Either way, it's very simple.

There are times though when NCL announces you can use 2 of them at once. I think one of times just past.

Wait what? I have never heard of this. How do you know when you can use 2 of them for a booking in the same room? :confused:

Wait what? I have never heard of this. How do you know when you can use 2 of them for a booking in the same room? :confused:

We were on the Escape in April. I bought 2 of them and they said 2 of them could be used if you sailed again by Aug 31st. 2016 ( I think that was the date ) We booked a Sept 3rd cruise 2016 on the Escape and missed it by 3 days.

When is your next cruise and what cruise line? I want to make sure I read your most interesting posts and see your fabulous photos!!

We were on the Escape in April. I bought 2 of them and they said 2 of them could be used if you sailed again by Aug 31st. 2016 ( I think that was the date ) We booked a Sept 3rd cruise 2016 on the Escape and missed it by 3 days.

When is your next cruise and what cruise line? I want to make sure I read your most interesting posts and see your fabulous photos!!

That's weird. I have never heard of that.

My next cruise is coming up. We leave in 10 days to head to Puerto Rico for a few days prior to our cruise out of PR. We will be hitting up St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, and St Maartin. :D

After that is our Epic cruise in November. :)

Believe it or not, they actually post it on the NCL site with the Cruise Next info. Problem is....unless you know to look...you may not know about the 2x "secret" promo. :rolleyes: Think I first spotted this one about 6 months ago (?). Not sure exactly how long it has been running.

BOOK A CRUISE AND SAIL BEFORE AUGUST 31ST 2016 AND DOUBLE YOUR REWARD

You can apply two of your CruiseNext deposits to your cruise for 6 days or longer

when you book and sail by August 31st 2016, a value of $500 USD!

DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS INCREDIBLE OFFER!

Call us Now 1.866.234.7350

Mitsugirly, I always enjoy your cruise reviews, really looking forward to your report out of PR on the Southern route!

My next cruise is coming up. We leave in 10 days to head to Puerto Rico for a few days prior to our cruise out of PR. We will be hitting up St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, and St Maartin. :D

Believe it or not, they actually post it on the NCL site with the Cruise Next info. Problem is....unless you know to look...you may not know about the 2x "secret" promo. :rolleyes: Think I first spotted this one about 6 months ago (?). Not sure exactly how long it has been running.

You can apply two of your CruiseNext deposits to your cruise for 6 days or longer

Mitsugirly, I always enjoy your cruise reviews, really looking forward to your report out of PR on the Southern route!

yep. here's the link

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

yep. here's the link

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

Wow that's crazy. Thanks for the link. I never knew about this.

Ok, so they are running that special right now. But once that's over, how or where exactly would you see this promotion again if they have it? I want to know where to look to find it.

(BTW, I find it funny how they are they say "Place multiple deposits and you can enjoy up to $500 USD FREE" Since when did they start giving the certificates to us for "free"? LOL We actually paid for them. Two certificates purchased means we paid $150 each or $300. So we are getting $200 "free" if we purchased the certificates at different times. Even purchasing them at the same time only gives you $250) :rolleyes:

They have had the double deal 3 times in the last year. I used this 3 times already this year. But, the key for getting the most benefit is not an option for a lot of people. Most times, the expiration isn't that far ahead. Eg The previous one expired end of March. This current one only came available for cruises March to August. Ideal for those like myself who late book. Allowed my last snag of booking the Spirit a week ahead, for end of April on the TA, with the $250 off, final cruise price was $301 WITH all port charges and taxes. Gratuities additional The month before, used 4 for 2 14 day sailings on the Sun, again, rock bottom last minute, single rates.

Edited by Budget Queen

Wow, glad I didn't partake on board this past week without taking a breath.

Without reading the fine print in earnest, I wouldn't have realized that you can't use more than 1 'free' deposit per stateroom outside a specific promo window.

So a family of four only gets to apply 1 'freebie' deposit they received on a $1K 'purchase' out of the 2 - on most occasion.

Edited by OV8

Yes! Looking forward to more of your reviews. What ship are you going on out of PR? Have a great time.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow that's crazy. Thanks for the link. I never knew about this.

Ok, so they are running that special right now. But once that's over, how or where exactly would you see this promotion again if they have it? I want to know where to look to find it.

(BTW, I find it funny how they are they say "Place multiple deposits and you can enjoy up to $500 USD FREE" Since when did they start giving the certificates to us for "free"? LOL We actually paid for them. Two certificates purchased means we paid $150 each or $300. So we are getting $200 "free" if we purchased the certificates at different times. Even purchasing them at the same time only gives you $250) :rolleyes:

I have used NCL's OBC to buy my Cruise Deposits for years now.....so they have paid all of my deposits. What they are saying in their ad is if you buy 4 you get 2 of them free.....you or NCL's OBC's pays $500 and you have 4 $250 deposits worth $1000. Yes we all know you can say we paid $125 per deposit but it's still $500 free on $1000. :)

Current Offer: BOOK A CRUISE AND SAIL BEFORE DECEMBER 31ST 2016 AND DOUBLE YOUR REWARD

YOU CAN APPLY TWO OF YOUR CRUISENEXT DEPOSITS TO YOUR CRUISE FOR 6 DAYS OR LONGER

WHEN YOU BOOK AND SAIL BY DECEMBER 31ST 2016, A VALUE OF $500 USD!

CALL US NOW 1.866.234.7350

Edited by peg013
Add current offer

I have used NCL's OBC to buy my Cruise Deposits for years now.....so they have paid all of my deposits. What they are saying in their ad is if you buy 4 you get 2 of them free.....you or NCL's OBC's pays $500 and you have 4 $250 deposits worth $1000. Yes we all know you can say we paid $125 per deposit but it's still $500 free on $1000. :)

Current Offer: BOOK A CRUISE AND SAIL BEFORE DECEMBER 31ST 2016 AND DOUBLE YOUR REWARD

YOU CAN APPLY TWO OF YOUR CRUISENEXT DEPOSITS TO YOUR CRUISE FOR 6 DAYS OR LONGER

Yep- was DELIGHTED to get this extended (maybe it will be "usual" now? :) ) I just redeemed 4 more, this month, with my cruise Friday, costing $345 with taxes. Just a superb deal for a single. :)

Yes! Another review by mitsugirly! Can't wait! I really want to do a So. Car. Route -- can't wait to hear how you like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't find your review on the Carnival cruise critic site. Did you post one? Always enjoy reading your reviews.

That's because I haven't started it yet.

We had a VERY extended cruise this time around...4 days prior and 1 day after. So, we actually didn't get home until Tuesday morning. My classes started back up on Monday and the first week is the worse (slammed with homework). I'm lucky that I got all the pictures downloaded on to my computer (and was only able to do that because I started the load as I went to take a shower and it was still transferring onto my computer when I got out...yes I believe there are over 4000 pictures). :eek:

Once I get past this first week (fingers crossed), I'll start working on separating my pictures and doing everything I need to do to at least get the review going...hopefully by next week some time. :)

Thank you for posting this! I didn't realize they had extended the CruiseNext offer to the end of the year. My sailing qualifies! And when I went to check it, the price had dropped $200pp :D Time to call our PCC and re-book my cruise. Yee haw!

Edited by atomax