Noise from laundry room

knot knormal

We are sailing Saturday out of Athens, Greece and just got our room assignment. We are directly across the hall from the laundry room. We are not happy, only 6 cruises with Princess, but certainly hoped we would get a better room. Can anyone tell me what I should expect in terms of noise and how early it starts and how late it goes?

We are sailing Saturday out of Athens, Greece and just got our room assignment. We are directly across the hall from the laundry room. We are not happy, only 6 cruises with Princess, but certainly hoped we would get a better room. Can anyone tell me what I should expect in terms of noise and how early it starts and how late it goes?

Other than a fist fight once that spilled into the hallway we have been near the laundry room on several occasions and never heard a sound.

You have a great location! You will hear absolutely nothing and if you have laundry to do you are in an excellent spot!! We were right next door several times and did not hear a thing!!! Relax and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are "opening hours" to stop people doing ironing and washing at unsocial hours. On a positive note you can keep sticking your head in to see if it is busy or empty to do a quick press. I would be happy with this cabin location.

Regards John

Don't worry. Like others have said there will almost certainly be no noise or disruption from the laundry room. It's actually a very good location if you want to do laundry. You can pop out to your cabin and right back into the laundry room with no worries about your stuff. As someone else said it's a really convenient location to check if the laundry room is free. Enjoy your cruise and "Don't Worry. Be Happy!" :D

We always book near the laundry room, and the only times we've had a problem have been when someone props the door open which sometimes happens when it's very busy and crowded. We had problems on both the Royal and the Regal with loud conversations pouring out into the hall.

We are rather picky about being in a noisy location and ever since we've sailed in a room right across from the laundromat, we choose that location every time if it is available. Absolutely NO noise from there on the several times we have had a cabin right across from the laundry room. First, there are steel doors (to contain a fire just in case) and they are kept closed. Plus, they do close down at night ... but no difference in noise levels be it night or day in my experience. As others have said, I love being able to pop over to iron a piece of clothing if it needs a little last minute touch up ... so convenient!!

Now, where you probably don't want to be is right across from the opening to the elevator/stairway vestibule and certainly, you'd never want to be right under the pool deck. :o

We actually have been right across from the stair/elevators and again had no noise problems. The rooms are in a corridor off of the stair foyer and in this case the elevators opened to the side of the foyer. Never heard a thing.

We actually prefer rooms at least quite close to the stairs/elevators for convenience and less long corridors to walk down.

If there are other cabins available in the category you were assigned, and you like their locations better, you can request that Princess move you to one of those other cabins.

You do realize this is a good argument for not booking guarantees. If location matters to you, select your own cabin at booking time. It's the only way to be sure you get what you really like.

We are rather picky about being in a noisy location and ever since we've sailed in a room right across from the laundromat, we choose that location every time if it is available. Absolutely NO noise from there on the several times we have had a cabin right across from the laundry room. First, there are steel doors (to contain a fire just in case) and they are kept closed. Plus, they do close down at night ... but no difference in noise levels be it night or day in my experience. As others have said, I love being able to pop over to iron a piece of clothing if it needs a little last minute touch up ... so convenient!!

Now, where you probably don't want to be is right across from the opening to the elevator/stairway vestibule and certainly, you'd never want to be right under the pool deck. :o

I have had cabins directly across from the elevator with zero noise. In fact I am booked for 28 days in C705 on Emerald and it's right across from the elevator Great location. Go up and I'm at the buffet. Go up a little farther and I'm at Adagio. Go up a little more and I'm at Skywalker's. Go down and I'm at Club Fusion. Go down a bit more and I'm at Botticelli Dining Room. I love it!

We also sailed 15 days on Star Princess in A408. Right under the Lido deck pool area. Not a sound from MUTS. Not a hint of smoke from the smoking area. Not a sound of "chair scraping" or any other intrusive noise. It was a great cruise.

There are so many stereotyped opinions regarding these locations. Many have never tried the locations and rely on the complaints of a few others to form their opinions.

There's double doors to the laundry room, you won't hear anything.

Other than a fist fight once that spilled into the hallway we have been near the laundry room on several occasions and never heard a sound.

Wow! A fist fight? Did someone leave their laundry unattended and someone took it upon themselves to remove the clothing and the owner got ticked off? The laundry room is a whole different thread to start on for what goes on in there some times.

There's double doors to the laundry room, you won't hear anything.

Wow! A fist fight? Did someone leave their laundry unattended and someone took it upon themselves to remove the clothing and the owner got ticked off? The laundry room is a whole different thread to start on for what goes on in there some times.

Experienced a laundry fight on HAL Alaska cruise. Mind your time!

Otherwise never heard noise from any laundry room on any ship.

I have had cabins directly across from the elevator with zero noise. In fact I am booked for 28 days in C705 on Emerald and it's right across from the elevator Great location. Go up and I'm at the buffet. Go up a little farther and I'm at Adagio. Go up a little more and I'm at Skywalker's. Go down and I'm at Club Fusion. Go down a bit more and I'm at Botticelli Dining Room. I love it!

We also sailed 15 days on Star Princess in A408. Right under the Lido deck pool area. Not a sound from MUTS. Not a hint of smoke from the smoking area. Not a sound of "chair scraping" or any other intrusive noise. It was a great cruise.

There are so many stereotyped opinions regarding these locations. Many have never tried the locations and rely on the complaints of a few others to form their opinions.

This hasn't been my experience but good to know.

In hindsight would taking an electronic "baby monitor" device have been prudent to make sure you do not miss out on gossip or any developing incidents?

Regards John

In hindsight would taking an electronic "baby monitor" device have been prudent to make sure you do not miss out on gossip or any developing incidents?

Regards John

If you could glue it down like the "this sailing is full" sign on the passenger services desk is. ;)