Savory Bites!

jules815

We're in the process of putting together a dvd for my husband. It's going to be his birthday present telling him about the cruise I've planned for his 50th. It's video, plus pictures from our last cruise, and pictures of the new ports we'll be visiting that I found on webshots.com.

The one thing my husband still talks about from our last cruise were the savory bites served in the dining room each night. We were thinking it would be funny if we had a picture of savory bites to somehow incorporate into the video. If this turns out well, my daughter says she can post it on youtube so I can share with everyone.

Does anyone have any pictures from a cruise where you took pictures of savory bites??, or even a picture of the bread basket would be great.

Hahaha I had to laugh when I saw this thread because I swear I could hear George, our asst. waiter on Explorer looking at me with raised eyebrows asking "savory bite?".

Sorry I don't have a picture, but thanks for the chuckle. :D

Laura

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I do believe those are poppy seeds on the outside....easier to spell too. LOL

I was getting ready to post that, until I saw your post. They are definitely poppy seeds. We still don't get what the big deal is about "savory bites". DH and I didn't particularly care for them.

I was getting ready to post that, until I saw your post. They are definitely poppy seeds. We still don't get what the big deal is about "savory bites". DH and I didn't particularly care for them.

I think the big deal is that they're little :)

I really love all types of bread, and try not to overdo rolls and butter before dinner. One savory bite with some butter keeps me happy enough. I feel noble passing up the full sized dinner roll for one savory bite; well, ok--maybe two savory bites :)

teddie

Archived