Concierge Lounge on Oasis

buckeye rob

I booked a GS on deck 11 of the Oasis (11254) for 8/22/15 sailing. Thought being near the CL and with cabins both above and below being quieter. Now I am seeing or hearing through CC threads that the CL is moving to the Viking lounge, but more importantly the present CL on decks 11 and 12 turning into a restaurant ? Would, could they, do that to the present CL space. Wouldn't like a cabin that close to a commercial venture. Thanks for the input.

Edited by buckeye rob

I booked a GS on deck 11 of the Oasis (11254) for 8/22/15 sailing. Thought being near the CL and with cabins both above and below being quieter. Now I am seeing or hearing through CC threads that the CL is moving to the Viking lounge, but more importantly the present CL on decks 11 and 12 turning into a restaurant ? Would, could they, do that to the present CL space. Wouldn't like a cabin that close to a commercial venture. Thanks for the input.

Yes, they can, and yes, they are.

The current CL area is actually being re-done as passenger cabins. I have this information from someone who is currently on board the Oasis.

Yes, they can, and yes, they are.

The current CL area is actually being re-done as passenger cabins. I have this information from someone who is currently on board the Oasis.

Indeed, they can do what they choose, as it is their ship.

As for cabins, I'm not sure I would want one of those on deck 11, being just above Dazzles.

But if the CL moved to deck 17, the old spot would be a good location to move the crowded DL (or maybe keep the CL there and move the DL to deck 17).

These are just rumors, though. I will wait for official announcements or deck plans (will be able to see in person this spring, though).

As for cabins, I'm not sure I would want one of those on deck 11, being just above Dazzles.

But if the CL moved to deck 17, the old spot would be a good location to move the crowded DL (or maybe keep the CL there and move the DL to deck 17).

These are just rumors, though. I will wait for official announcements or deck plans (will be able to see in person this spring, though).

There are so many variations on what is happening in Dry-dock, on the TA we were informed that the Current Concierge is to become a Dining Venue(Wonderland), the Diamond Club will be a Dining Venue and the Diamond Club is Moving to Deck 4, the Concierge is going to deck 17 and there will also be a Dining Venue for Suite and Pinnacle Guests, somewhere in the mix there will be some sort of order.

There are so many variations on what is happening in Dry-dock, on the TA we were informed that the Current Concierge is to become a Dining Venue(Wonderland), the Diamond Club will be a Dining Venue and the Diamond Club is Moving to Deck 4, the Concierge is going to deck 17 and there will also be a Dining Venue for Suite and Pinnacle Guests, somewhere in the mix there will be some sort of order.

Doesn't sound good.... Hello Princess

Dazzles is on Decks 8 & 9.

What is Wonderland ? Is that something RC has on other ships ? I chose deck 11 and that particular cabin for its distance from commercial venues and proximity to the CL. Wondering what to do now ? Is this all happening on this European leg ? I realize its their ship and they can do as they wish however I guess I have time to make changes also. Thanks

Edited by buckeye rob

What is Wonderland ? Is that something RC has on other ships ? I chose deck 11 and that particular cabin for its distance from commercial venues and proximity to the CL. Wondering what to do now ? Is this all happening on this European leg ? I realize its their ship and they can do as they wish however I guess I have time to make changes also. Thanks

The changes are scheduled to happen during the dry dock between 30-Sep and 14-Oct.

DL is being moved to Deck 5 private dining room area.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

VCL will become the CL and Coastal Kitchen. Wonderland (new concept dining from Quantum) will be on deck 3 , private dining room area.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

VCL will become the CL and Coastal Kitchen. Wonderland (new concept dining from Quantum) will be on deck 3 , private dining room area.

Welcome home. :)

Dazzles is on Decks 8 & 9.

Yep, with a high ceiling that cuts into deck 10 leaving little if any buffer to deck 11. Though possible that this area might become staterooms, IMO, it is doubtful.

...we were informed that

Supposedly those definitely in the know are sworn to secrecy, so I take anything not officially announced with a grain of salt. But I do like the speculation.

the Current Concierge is to become a Dining Venue(Wonderland), the Diamond Club will be a Dining Venue... the Concierge is going to deck 17 and there will also be a Dining Venue for Suite and Pinnacle Guests, somewhere in the mix there will be some sort of order.

The question I mostly have with this speculation is: can these changes actually happen in two weeks with all the significant work that needs to be done to add dynamic dining to a 3 deck open dining room?

But... certainly the CL could easily become a restaurant as there is a nearby kitchen, but where does the Chef's table go? There also isn't a kitchen nearby the DL, and IMO, there isn't a lot of space to add one, making it an interesting place to put a new restaurant in two weeks. And to the best of my knowledge there isn't a kitchen near the VCL, which either means adding one, or removing the breakfast/lunch menu from CL guests.

the Diamond Club is Moving to Deck 4

Both so certain, at least one of these is incorrect.

I guess that one of the deck 4 "private dining" areas could be repurposed, as the areas might become too much for one of the new Dynamic Dining venues, and not enough access to a kitchen to become a different restaurant (hmmm, as there are two of these, maybe have a DL and a D+L - just more speculation). And I just don't see a reasonable place on deck 5 to put the DL, better to just leave it where it is, instead of moving it to deck 5.

You gotta be kidding me.

They're giving D's their 3 vouchers.

Now move along.

Really?! The DL is more than just a place to get cocktails in the evening. If it was and this is solved by the vouchers, they wouldn't be adding a DL to all ships, including the new builds (e.g. Quantum). Strapped for space, they could make it a small area for intermittent use and for the Diamond/Loyalty concierge, and just use the vouchers. However, they seem to be trying to make this lounge larger on Quantum and on retrofits.

I honestly wouldn't worry about a specialty restaurant being built in that space. It will generate the same, or possibly even less, noise and foot traffic than the CL would have. If the CL lounge is relocated to deck 17 you will be a quick elevator ride away. The Viking Crown lounge sits just 6 floors above the current CL lounge so no additional walking would be required vs the current location.

Edited by scottamiller

I'm probably in the minority here but I was less than impressed with the CL on Allure. It wasn't a comfortable lounge and the view wasn't that impressive either. I'm looking forward to the move up hopefully for a more comfortable lounge and a better view. ;)

For what it is worth, am currently on Oasis and have talked to Concierge and Head Waiter and others on board:

1. The "secret" balconies aft decks 11 and 12 aft will become aqua suites like decks 8-10

2. The Diamond Lounge, currently on deck 6 above the promenade, will be moved to where one of the private

dining areas ( Port side deck 4) reside. Its space will be renovated into a suite

3. The Concierge lounge, currently on deck 11, will be moved to where the Viking Crown Room currently exists. Its space will be converted into “Grande” a upscale restaurant for suite guests only. Chef’s Table will cease.

4. Pinnacle chapel and lounge will become two Royal Suites

5. Izumi will be relocated to deck 4 - the starboard side private dining rooms (and make some space for the Windjammer on deck 16 which will be greatly expanded)

6. Seafood Shack is replaced by Sabor, an upscale Mexican restaurant (e.g.,Navigator)

7. The Main Dining Room will be decked over and prepared for Dynamic Dining but Dynamic Dining will not actually be launched until February. Instead Decks 3 and 4 will become Mytime Dining while Deck 5 will retain traditional dining.

8. Cupcake Cupboard will be converted to a retail shop

9. the Donut Shop will be replaced by the Boardwalk Doghouse. Donuts, though, will still be available on the Boardwalk, like Allure, across from its present location in a self serve mode

10. Most interestingly, the ship will be actually cut so an entirely new engine can replace on

For what it is worth, am currently on Oasis and have talked to Concierge and Head Waiter and others on board:

1. The "secret" balconies aft decks 11 and 12 aft will become aqua suites like decks 8-10

2. The Diamond Lounge, currently on deck 6 above the promenade, will be moved to where one of the private

dining areas ( Port side deck 4) reside. Its space will be renovated into a suite

3. The Concierge lounge, currently on deck 11, will be moved to where the Viking Crown Room currently exists. Its space will be converted into “Grande” a upscale restaurant for suite guests only. Chef’s Table will cease.

5. Izumi will be relocated to deck 4 - the starboard side private dining rooms (and make some space for the Windjammer on deck 16 which will be greatly expanded)

6. Seafood Shack is replaced by Sabor, an upscale Mexican restaurant (e.g.,Navigator)

7. The Main Dining Room will be decked over and prepared for Dynamic Dining but Dynamic Dining will not actually be launched until February. Instead Decks 3 and 4 will become Mytime Dining while Deck 5 will retain traditional dining.

9. the Donut Shop will be replaced by the Boardwalk Doghouse. Donuts, though, will still be available on the Boardwalk, like Allure, across from its present location in a self serve mode

10. Most interestingly, the ship will be actually cut so an entirely new engine can replace on

Interesting info, we'll see what ends up where on the westbound TA next month!

One thing, from your info above, I was under the impression from the RCI website and dining info , that Grande is the "formal" restaurant and one of the 4 complimentary dining options available to everyone under Dynamic Dining and that Coastal Kitchen is the suite and Pinnacle only dining option. Has this changed?

My response in red.

The restaurant for suite guests is called Coastal Kitchen. The Grand will be complimentary for all passengers and the only restaurant to have a Formal dress code.

Exclusively for suite guests, Coastal Kitchen fuses Mediterranean influences with the unmatched riches of California’s bountiful farmlands. This is a destination that exudes pure freshness. From Pacific Coast favorites like sea bass ceviche, to the Central Valley’s sliced avocado and homemade blueberry pie, to Med-inspired tastes like Serrano ham, whipped goat cheese and roasted grapes. And from the golden hills of Napa and Tuscany, an extensive selection of vintages await by the glass or bottle.

The Grande Restaurant is a luxuriant nod to a bygone era. When dining was not a task, but a time-honored ritual. When you dressed for a date with an unforgettable dish. At The Grande, every night is formal night, and every night is a special occasion. From Beef Wellington to Chicken a l’Orange, Roasted Scallops to Sole Almondine, the world’s favorite classic dishes come together in pure opulence at Quantum class’ most elegant restaurant.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Interesting info, we'll see what ends up where on the westbound TA next month!

One thing, from your info above, I was under the impression from the RCI website and dining info , that Grande is the "formal" restaurant and one of the 4 complimentary dining options available to everyone under Dynamic Dining and that Coastal Kitchen is the suite and Pinnacle only dining option. Has this changed?

No it has not changed and you are correct.

Thanks for the excellent summary.:)