What ship will eventually replace Majesty?

My thought immediately was CCL's new port/pier in the Dominican: "Amber Cove". CCL is now using Cococay... maybe there can be a trade-off somehow?

I'd love to see Labadee and Amber Cove but I think that would need 5 night sailing. And in the same thought pattern as Cococay above, maybe RCI can do a deal to use Turks & Caicos with CCL as the trade off to make things interesting.

ie. Does this below sound feasible you guys who know distances to these ports? I would book below on the first day avail, and add 3-day b2b to Cococay/Nassau.

• day 1 leave Miami,
  • day 2 T&C noon-7pm
  • day 3 Labadee 8-5pm
  • day 3 at sea

Usually there is 1 sea day between Miami/P.E and G.T.

CCL has been stopping at Coco Cay for about two years. They call it Little Stirrup Cay on their itin, as it is on most maps. The island supervisor told us that MSC will stop every once in a while if no one else has the island booked. They all bring their own food and crew on to the island, as RCCL does.

Remember those little signs in the restrooms advertising RCCL specials? They've been gone for two years as part of the CCL deal.

Rick and Deirdra

You are right. I parroted Carnivals 4 day KW/Coz itinerary. They do in fact leave KW early on those days.

Is KW to Grand Cayman shorter sailing distance? That could be a possibility. The idea being to have more varied and unique itineraries versus the current 3/4 day offerings.

Key west to Grand Cayman is a LOT further than Key West to Cozumel.

I am fairly certain if a ship were to go Miami to Grand Cayman and back on a 4 day route they would not be able to stop in Key West or anywhere else

Yep.

• Grandeur will stay in Baltimore imo
  • Enchantment will continue the 3/4 runs in either PC or Miami
  • The only ship left in the entire fleet not spoken for in port schedules around the world seems to be Adventure.

So it's either Adventure, or RCI abandons Miami altogether, or they pull out a real huge surprise out of their hat in a few weeks (especially if Bermuda confirms no dredging and Anthem is pulled out of Bayonne!!!!!!!!!!! Adventure could go to Bayonne so that they can do Bermuda runs rather than allow Anthem to do weekly 7 day constantly deeply discounted trips to PC/Nassau & Cococay). I think this Bermuda non-dredging issue could be a really big deal again this year that could cause a ripple effect with various ships being deployed where we're not expecting them to be.

Well, up until recently, I was thinking the Grandeur - and Vision taking over Baltimore.. However Adventure is starting to make since. Especially because they skipped the Flowrider and a few other costly upgrades that other Voyager Class ships are getting.

Well, up until recently, I was thinking the Grandeur - and Vision taking over Baltimore.. However Adventure is starting to make since. Especially because they skipped the Flowrider and a few other costly upgrades that other Voyager Class ships are getting.

Adventure is having another refit in 2016

Sounds like Adventure. If they put a Adventure (or any other Voyager Class ship) in Miami to do the 3/4/5 days runs, it will be a big hit with new and seasoned cruisers!

Any Voyager class ship would create good buzz in Miami....but right now that port doesn't do 5 day runs. Would adding different itineraries, perhaps rotating a 3/4 day cycle with a 7 day cycle work well -- it still gives people options for short cruises, for those who can't get away for a week or more...but this way they are not available each and every weekend.

But the key is the 3/4 market. I fully expect Royal to keep those cruises -- I hope the ship that does them, truly blows away the competition -- hoping for a Voyager class. I can't see someone looking to book a B2B on a 3/4 set of itineraries, no matter what the ports of call.

Oh Gosh....these last few days until the wait is over!

Will I be terribly disappointed if it is a Radiance class ship....no. I loved cruising on Jewel a couple years ago. I just want to know what my option is going to be already!

Edited by Paulette3028

New Twitter feed mentions 10 ships in FL sailing from 4 ports for 2016/2017 season.

• 4 ports - FLL, PC, Tampa & Miami... or could there be any other 4th port other than Miami?
  • Grandeur confirmed for "Canada" sailings, so definitely to stay in Baltimore
  • According to the "Deployment Thread", Adventure showing up on many ports schedules in Europe. While that alone never is a 100% certainty, more often than not from last year's experience of following that thread much of it is accurate
  • This leaves only one ship that is not showing up on various port schedules around the world doing the 3/4 Bahamas runs: EoS. Now which port? If the 4th port is Miami, then EoS 100% goes to Miami, leaving PC without a 3/4 run.
  • Or... maybe they have Adventure doing Europe in summer months coming back to PC in winter months only for the 3/4 runs???

New Twitter feed mentions 10 ships in FL sailing from 4 ports for 2016/2017 season.

That's what they have now.

According to this release: http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1133/royal-caribbean-announces-unmatched-2016-17-caribbean-adventures-aboard-the-industrys-best-cruise-ships/

Enchantment will be going to Miami and Rhapsody will be going to Port Canaveral

That will make Paulette happy. :) Rhapsody will cause some excitement on the other deployment thread, as it was expected in Europe for summer 2016. As of right now the TA on Rhapsody from Brazil can still be booked. :confused: DW wants to travel to Sicily in 2016, so we are waiting to see what Vision may do.

Edited by Piepkorn

Good news for both Port Canaveral and Miami. Glad to see Rhapsody coming back to the states.

That's what they have now.

That will make Paulette happy. :) Rhapsody will cause some excitement on the other deployment thread, as it was expected in Europe for summer 2016. As of right now the TA on Rhapsody from Brazil can still be booked. :confused: DW wants to travel to Sicily in 2016, so we are waiting to see what Vision may do.

They did not state when Rhapsody was due at PC. Could Rhapsody still not do Europe during the summer and then move her to PC on the TA that is booked for October 2016?

She would sail from Venice/Rome in the summer and then from PC from November when Freedom then moves down to PC and Oasis arrives from PE.

And this confirms that Oasis is coming to PC!!! NICE!

Miami

Enchantment of the Seas 3N/4N Bahamas.

Navigator of the Seas 5N Bahamas/Mexico & 9N ABC in the winter.

PE

Allure of the Seas 7N Western Caribbean & two new 7N Eastern Caribbean itineraries

Harmony of the Seas 7N Eastern and Western Caribbean in the winter.

Independence of the Seas 4N/5N Western Caribbean in the winter.

Freedom of the Seas 6N Western Caribbean & 8N Eastern Caribbean.

Serenade of the Seas 10N/11N Southern Caribbean.

PC

Oasis of the Seas 7N Eastern and Western Caribbean.

Rhapsody of the Seas 3N/4N Bahamas

Tampa

Brilliance of the Seas 4N/5N Western Caribbean in the winter.

They did not state when Rhapsody was due at PC. Could Rhapsody still not do Europe during the summer and then move her to PC on the TA that is booked for October 2016?

She would sail from Venice/Rome in the summer and then from PC from November when Freedom then moves down to PC and Oasis arrives from PE.

The release wording implies that EN takes over for MJ and Rhapsody takes over for EN. If MJ leaves in April, that implies Rhapsody will be in PC sooner than later

I agree. I think that's how it is going to work.

Direct from the Press Release:

For the winter 2016-17, Oasis of the Seas will inaugurate Oasis-class adventures from

Port Canaveral, alternating a seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itinerary. Rhapsody of the Seas will take over three- and four-night Bahamas cruises from Enchantment of the Seas.

I would assume that that means that both Oasis and Rhapsody will be arriving in the fall. So I would guess that PC will be without a ship for the summer.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser