That sparkling wine in cabin on embarkation day

jules815

I've only sailed once with Celebrity (on Connie...loved it!) and will be sailing on Reflection this Saturday.

There was a bottle of sparkling wine in our room the first day. We were in an S1 Sky Suite. Did we receive this because of the room, or was it because of Elite status? Whatever the reason, thought it was a nice touch. :)

It was because of your stateroom. Suites, Aqua & Conciegre class get the sparkling wine.

Lately it hasn't been in the cabin where we get there but the stateroom attendants have explained that they have it for us and will bring it to us chilled when we want it. This works fine for us since we don't drink it until we are packing to go home

We always had it waiting in our cabin except on our last cruise on Eclipse in December. Out stateroom attendant said he would bring it if we wanted, or chill it and deliver it to our cabin on the first chic night. Didn't really care since we had the beverage package.

Even with the drink package we like to have it at sailaway.

Now if it's not there I guess we'll have to go looking for our stateroom attendant.

I thought the reason for it not being there was that some people prefer it on other nights, but if the steward is telling you it'll be on the first chic night, it's not really our preference, but their's.

Since it seems that a lot of people 1) don't really like it (better when mixed with OJ!) and 2) have drink packages, I bet this could be a way for them to get away with not providing it except upon request. The idea to provide it is not a bad one, but how many threads do we have about people wanting to exchange it for something else? I wonder how many full bottles just sit in the room all week? We didn't drink ours for a few days on our last trip, and the butler asked if we wanted him to remove it.

In January after five days we asked why we didn't receive our bottle of wine. We were told it was a mistake and a bottle was delivered. Same thing happened with our friends. I think if it is not in the room and you don't ask, you will not get it. By the way, we always bring ours to the dinning room and share with table mates. They will exchange it for a cold one.

We were recently on Equinox for a 10 night cruise were given two bottles for our concierge (C1) cabin. We got one the first night (we requested it that night) and then about 2/3 way through the cruise another bottle showed up. Is this typical for a 10-night sailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk