New Cruise Dining Options Added to Caribbean Princess During Dry Dock

LauraS

Sounds good, but is that goodbye to the best pizza at sea, on the Lido deck? Gosh, I sure hope not.
There will still be pizza by the slice but apparently only two choices, margherita and the daily special pizza so it appears no pepperoni. Hopefully they don't change the recipe. There will be the added choices such as a focaccia, a stromboli and two kinds of California toast, whatever that is [emoji848] and we live in California.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There will still be pizza by the slice but apparently only two choices, margherita and the daily special pizza so it appears no pepperoni. Hopefully they don't change the recipe. There will be the added choices such as a focaccia, a stromboli and two kinds of California toast, whatever that is [emoji848] and we live in California.

Don't get me started on "NY-style cheesecake"! It always has a graham-cracker crust. No cheesecake I have ever seen in NY has a graham-cracker crust -- you must use pastry crust! [but now we may get a post from Blighty asking what the bloody h*ll is an "English muffin"???]

Sign me up!!

Sounds better than Share, Crab Shack and Salty Dog. None of those excited me at all.

DH wants to know if he can still get his hot dogs. Never mind the "best pizza at sea". Princess has the BEST hot dogs at sea.

I agree. I never much cared for the pizza on the Lido deck, but I LOVE the hot dogs! Many days I had it or lunch, if not, I usually got one mid day while I was watching a movie by the pool.

We are wondering about the street tacos. Given the fact that Princess really doesn't seem to understand the concept of "spicy" (curry that is pretty much "yellow rice" with no real curry punch :confused:) what will their tacos be like. I doubt they will bear any resemblance to actual street tacos. We will definitely give them a try but sadly don't hold out much hope.

Hmmm... Think I'll make tacos for dinner tonight. :cool:

We are wondering about the street tacos. Given the fact that Princess really doesn't seem to understand the concept of "spicy" (curry that is pretty much "yellow rice" with no real curry punch :confused:) what will their tacos be like. I doubt they will bear any resemblance to actual street tacos. We will definitely give them a try but sadly don't hold out much hope.

Hmmm... Think I'll make tacos for dinner tonight. :cool:

Said like a someone from California. I agree with you. I've had Princess' tacos on Mexican Riviera cruises. They are pretty good but no real comparison to any street tacos I've had.

Said like a someone from California. I agree with you. I've had Princess' tacos on Mexican Riviera cruises. They are pretty good but no real comparison to any street tacos I've had.

Yep. California. Tacos. I grew up eating tacos. I remember when Taco Bell first came to town I wondered what the heck was up with those crunchy taco shells. We always just used good old tortillas. We still use real tortillas. I don't like the stupid crunchy shells. Of course Taco Bell isn't exactly what I call actual Mexican food anyway... clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744

As for the Princess "street tacos" I will definitely give them a shot. (I wonder if Princess calls them street tacos simply because they use the small tortillas like "real" street tacos tend to use.) A couple of grilled chipotle lime tacos (what the heck is up with chipotle everything?) and a Bass Ale might go down well. I'll have the AIBP on that cruise so I won't mind having the Bass. I normally would balk at paying $6 for a beer like that but, when it's included for "free" (booked under the Sip and Sail promo) I won't mind at all. :) Between the new food venues, the AIBP, being a true 14 day Caribbean cruise (not a B2B), and it being the first cruise on CB with the medallions it should be an interesting cruise to be sure. :cool:

I'm undecided on how I feel about the new options. They feel a little Carnivalized to me. Maybe they'll be awesome; I just worry their existing great burgers, pizza, and buffets will decline.

That was my first thought too!!

And I would be VERY unhappy if the quality of the pizza declines. A couple of slices of Margarita pizza at least once per cruise has been one of my must-haves on every cruise.

It's good they are trying new things. The question is how well can they execute these things. And don't take away that pizza that I really like. Honestly the Trident grill and the pizza don't need any tweaking! Go tweak up the MDR so it doesn't suck instead! I would try the seafood and the bbq for sure. However I'm not too fond of paying extra to eat in what is really just the buffet area. Did the crab shack once and enjoyed it but it's not as nice as Sabatini's or Crown Grill which have their own special dining room. Seems the fee should be cheaper as a result of being seated in the buffet.

Don't get me started on "NY-style cheesecake"! It always has a graham-cracker crust. No cheesecake I have ever seen in NY has a graham-cracker crust -- you must use pastry crust! [but now we may get a post from Blighty asking what the bloody h*ll is an "English muffin"???]

As an English person I certainly would not want an American muffin for breakfast but will happily eat and "English" muffin toasted with jam any morning or with melted cheese for lunch

It's good they are trying new things. The question is how well can they execute these things. And don't take away that pizza that I really like. Honestly the Trident grill and the pizza don't need any tweaking! Go tweak up the MDR so it doesn't suck instead! I would try the seafood and the bbq for sure. However I'm not too fond of paying extra to eat in what is really just the buffet area. Did the crab shack once and enjoyed it but it's not as nice as Sabatini's or Crown Grill which have their own special dining room. Seems the fee should be cheaper as a result of being seated in the buffet.

From a non steak person and the same for sabatinis I loved the crab shack. We did it when it first was being introducted and It was amazing. Back then though they hadn't decided on a dessert for the dinner which was fin because we were too full. Found the pricing to be about the same as at Joes crab shack