Bringing 2 more bottles of wine on 2nd leg of a B2B cruise? Yes? No?

dcsam

Is it within 'the rules' to bring 2 more bottles of wine on the second part of our back-to-back cruise? We'll bring on our allotted 2 at the beginning, but would like to purchase 2 more while in port at the beginning of the next 7 day cruise.

Correct! One booking for a B2B only one bottle a per person allowed. 2 separate bookings for a B2B you are allowed. We have done both.

Too bad HAL changed policy. In 8/2013 we were one of the last to be able to bring wine in each port on our 24 day Med cruise! Saved a lot of money and had wonderful wines!

Denise

So let me get this straight, if I go on a b2b2b which has 3 different booking numbers, I can bring on a bottle for each cruise, right? and I won't have to pay a corking fee on any of the three bottles, right?

Yes, that should be permitted. If you have three different confirmation numbers, that is three cruises. If you have one confirmation, it sis a Collectors' cruise and is considered on cruise.

Now, let's get practical...... we all know about HAL's inconsistency. Three will permit you to bring the bottle each time and then there will be the one who 'didn't get the memo'.

PLEASE let us know how it goes.

Yes, that should be permitted. If you have three different confirmation numbers, that is three cruises. If you have one confirmation, it sis a Collectors' cruise and is considered on cruise.

Now, let's get practical...... we all know about HAL's inconsistency. Three will permit you to bring the bottle each time and then there will be the one who 'didn't get the memo'.

I recently found out that if you have different booking numbers and own stock you can get the OBC for each leg. That may be old news, sorry if it is.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've heard that before but never tried it.. If you have two booking numbers then it's not a Collectors Cruise.. On a Collectors cruise you will get a discount, so with the $$$ you save you can purchase HAL's wine.. And yes you can receive two OBC's, but I would think that you most likely will save more $$$ taking a Collectors Cruise with one booking number.. :)

I recently found out that if you have different booking numbers and own stock you can get the OBC for each leg. That may be old news, sorry if it is.

Not old news to me. Good to know! Thanks!

I will, thanks Sails.

Edited by PathfinderEss

Depending on each segments length, it may come out about the same.

6 days or less = $50 US

7-13 days = $100

14+ days = $250

Inconsistent. Yes!

This is EXACTLY the way it is!

You are SO right!

I posted this after a May 2014 cruise.

Just off a b2b Caribbean cruise on MS Masdam. Found out some interesting things. On the second leg of the b2b you can bring two additional wine bottles to your cabin. Question was asked specifically and response was specific. Since everyone must get off the ship on the turn around, you can buy 2 bottles and bring them back through security when you reboard. At the collection point they do not know if you are new passenger or a returning passenger.

The other thing I found out was on the first leg of the b2b they will take any wine or liquor you bring on board from the ports and store it for you. BUT, at the end of the first leg they will bring it to your cabin on the last night for your enjoyment on the second leg.

Also found out of the $18 (this may have changed since May 14 cruise) corkage charge, $2.65 goes the beverage department to be shared by the workers. HAL keeps the remainder.

Just off a b2b Caribbean cruise on MS Masdam. Found out some interesting things. On the second leg of the b2b you can bring two additional wine bottles to your cabin. Question was asked specifically and response was specific. Since everyone must get off the ship on the turn around, you can buy 2 bottles and bring them back through security when you reboard. At the collection point they do not know if you are new passenger or a returning passenger.

The other thing I found out was on the first leg of the b2b they will take any wine or liquor you bring on board from the ports and store it for you. BUT, at the end of the first leg they will bring it to your cabin on the last night for your enjoyment on the second leg.

Also found out of the $18 (this may have changed since May 14 cruise) corkage charge, $2.65 goes the beverage department to be shared by the workers. HAL keeps the remainder.

Thanks for this explanation of wine and B-Bs.

How convoluted can HAL make things? I wonder if all HAL ships follow this idea, especially when they do not make everyone get off the ship for turn-around on every itinerary !

Edited by SilvertoGold

If you bring wine back on board with you from a port, they will charge the corkage fee OR hold it until the end of the cruise. We do have the choice to drink it during our cruise but have to pay the corkage.

If you bring wine back on board with you from a port, they will charge the corkage fee OR hold it until the end of the cruise. We do have the choice to drink it during our cruise but have to pay the corkage.

The point was B2B cruises. Yes they will store it for you, BUT on our B2B cruise they brought it to our cabin at the end of the first leg of the B2B. Thus we were able to enjoy those items on the second leg of our B2B cruise. On a regular cruise, they will also bring it to your cabin on the last night and if your are real thirsty, you can slug them down before getting off the ship at no charge.

I've heard that before but never tried it.. If you have two booking numbers then it's not a Collectors Cruise.. On a Collectors cruise you will get a discount, so with the $$$ you save you can purchase HAL's wine.. And yes you can receive two OBC's, but I would think that you most likely will save more $$$ taking a Collectors Cruise with one booking number.. :)

AHOY SHIPMATE, YOU MUST APPLY SEPARATELY FOR EACH BOOKING NUMBER AND YOU WILL GET THE SBC FOR EACH CRUISE BASED ON THE NUMBER OF DAYS. SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER TO BOOK ONCE AND GET

ALL SEGMENTS ON ONE BOOKING NO. FOR EXAMPLE, 2 7DAY CRUISES WILL GET YOU $100 EACH BUT ONE 14DAY WILL GET YOU $250.

sea ya

So let me make sure I understand how HAL treats it customers -

1) If you book 2 cruises as an extended cruise with one booking number - you can only bring one bottle of wine on board

2) If you book exactly the same 2 cruises in the same stateroom as 2 separate cruises, you can bring a 2nd bottle of wine on board at the start of the 2nd cruise

3) If you take a HAL sponsored tour which you have paid good money for in advance and visit a winery and purchase wine, you can bring it on board but you can not drink it on board

4) What about if you go on shore and purchase a bottle or several bottles of water. Can you bring them on board and drink them or do you have to put them in storage for when you disembark and then purchase water on board if you want bottled water?

Do I have it right or have I missed something. Does anyone have the feeling that the inmates are running the asylum?

DON

The point was B2B cruises. Yes they will store it for you, BUT on our B2B cruise they brought it to our cabin at the end of the first leg of the B2B. Thus we were able to enjoy those items on the second leg of our B2B cruise. On a regular cruise, they will also bring it to your cabin on the last night and if your are real thirsty, you can slug them down before getting off the ship at no charge.

Actually, you mentioned bring wine/liquor aboard in ports.

It was to your comment about that I was responding.

So let me make sure I understand how HAL treats it customers -

1) If you book 2 cruises as an extended cruise with one booking number - you can only bring one bottle of wine on board

2) If you book exactly the same 2 cruises in the same stateroom as 2 separate cruises, you can bring a 2nd bottle of wine on board at the start of the 2nd cruise

3) If you take a HAL sponsored tour which you have paid good money for in advance and visit a winery and purchase wine, you can bring it on board but you can not drink it on board

4) What about if you go on shore and purchase a bottle or several bottles of water. Can you bring them on board and drink them or do you have to put them in storage for when you disembark and then purchase water on board if you want bottled water?

Do I have it right or have I missed something. Does anyone have the feeling that the inmates are running the asylum?

DON

1) and 2) right

3) and 4) Pay the corkage on the wine or store it.

5) Unlimited water, you can drink it.

Asylum) This is what I meant in my post

Edited by SilvertoGold

Yes - we have done this several times.