Diamond and Drinks

Would someone be kind enough to tell me the Diamond perks with drinks on board?? Do we get 3 drinks per day on our sea pass card? Thought I read it somewhere.

Thanks,

Carol

Diamonds get unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge during the evening cocktail period. In addition, they get 3 vouchers per evening to use at any bar.

The Diamond Lounge has a wonderful Specialty Coffee Machine too!

Some ships have a Diamond area in the MDR for breakfast. Sometimes, they'll seat you at a table for two, sometimes not. Depends on the ship.

Edited by knittinggirl

You get 3 drinks per day on each Diamond SeaPass card valid only during Happy Hour. Happy Hour is usually 4:30 - 8:00 or 5:00 - 8:30 depending on ship. Unused drinks expire everyday at end of Happy Hour. Unlimited drinks in the DL lounge during Happy Hour.

Edited by WeatherFx

our 18yo will be with us...not old enough for alcohol drinks...can he use his 3 drinks for frozen virgin ones in the SL and at bars outside?

The only drinks included with the drink vouchers are the same as in the DL/CL/SL. Just basic cocktails, no frozen or blender drinks.

Just to add to what others have said and to make it clear. The 3 free drinks you get at bars in the evening are not any and every thing.

The bars will have a small menu card showing you whats available. Some bar men at bars are a little more flexible than others.

For example on a recent cruise at the Boleros bar I ordered a Miller light and the bar man charged me for it. I said "it's 5 o'clock i want to use my free drink" He said "Miller light is not included but Bud light is:rolleyes:".

Then at the pool bar, The guys there gave me miller light with no problem on another day.

so for our 18 yo..I guess that just means plain soda's...unless the bar tender wants to be nice :)

As mentioned above, I'm not sure 18 year olds get any vouchers at all.

For example on a recent cruise at the Boleros bar I ordered a Miller light and the bar man charged me for it...

Forgive me but why didn't you just order something else? In order for him to charge you, you would have had to give him your Sea Pass card - the first indication that you would be charged for something. Right? :o

Thanks so much for your answers. Although not "big" drinkers its nice to have the perk.

Carol, it is a wonderful perk. I do not drink, but I use my vouchers for soft drinks. Nice to have a Sprite or Coke while hubby has his rum and Coke. :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

doesn't seem fair...maybe the concierge in the SL can handle it..or I'll ask my friends Genie

If it's not allowed, it's not allowed for everyone, not just a select few who think they are special. Others in your situation are traveling with minors as well.

Forgive me but why didn't you just order something else? In order for him to charge you, you would have had to give him your Sea Pass card - the first indication that you would be charged for something. Right? :o

Nope. I have to give the sea pass card anyway for him to scan and make sure I am eligible to get the free drink and that I have not used up the three already for that day. There is no other way for him to know if you have used up your allotment for that day unless he scans your card.

And at the time I had no idea that Miller light was not included. It is when i questioned him about being charged he gave me the little drink menu card of what is included.

You are now officially forgiven :p

If it's not allowed, it's not allowed for everyone, not just a select few who think they are special. Others in your situation are traveling with minors as well.

it has not be "confirmed" that those 18-21 yo get nothing on their sea pass card. also, while alcohol is not allowed, maybe soda's are..as sodas are always complementary in SL...maybe they will honor it outside during 5-8:30 as well....in addition, the concierge has discretion to help suite passengers...as well suite genie...and while we are all equal..some are treated differently, as in life.. I don't think I'm special...but RCI does think guests in suites are special

it has not be "confirmed" that those 18-21 yo get nothing on their sea pass card. also, while alcohol is not allowed, maybe soda's are..as sodas are always complementary in SL...maybe they will honor it outside during 5-8:30 as well....in addition, the concierge has discretion to help suite passengers...as well suite genie...and while we are all equal..some are treated differently, as in life.. I don't think I'm special...but RCI does think guests in suites are special

Apples and oranges. Different perks for suite passengers vs Diamond passengers not in a suite. Suite passengers who are not also Diamond do not get the three drinks on their cards to use in a bar. Diamond passengers not in a suite do not have access to the SL.

doesn't seem fair...maybe the concierge in the SL can handle it..or I'll ask my friends Genie

Please do not put anyone in a position that could result in disciplinary action against them. Rules are rules and they are for everyone and that includes those that have a Royal Genie. The position of Royal Genie went into effect May 1, 2016..........let's keep them employed for a while.

Edited by cruisenfever

How could asking a question put someone in a position for disciplinary action?I'm sure they are not going to break any rules that will get them in trouble.

Tom

Please do not put anyone in a position that could result in disciplinary action against them. Rules are rules and they are for everyone and that includes those that have a Royal Genie. The position of Royal Genie went into effect May 1, 2016..........let's keep them employed for a while.

How could asking a question put someone in a position for disciplinary action?I'm sure they are not going to break any rules that will get them in trouble.

Tom

Why should they ask a question, when the question has been asked and answered here by those that know what the answer will be!!

Why should they ask a question, when the question has been asked and answered here by those that know what the answer will be!!

As most frequent cruisers (which you are) know that rules vary from ship to ship and sometimes from bar to bar. What is the harm of them asking. They didn't say damanding. Ask and you may receive, is my motto. At times a smile followed by a nice tip can do wonders and make your day.

Seems like some posters need to "lighten up" and enjoy the day.

As most frequent cruisers (which you are) know that rules vary from ship to ship and sometimes from bar to bar. What is the harm of them asking. They didn't say damanding. Ask and you may receive, is my motto. At times a smile followed by a nice tip can do wonders and make your day.

Seems like some posters need to "lighten up" and enjoy the day.

Patti's point is:

If you ask for something that is not allowed, the concierge (or whoever it is) is put in the awkward position of either making the customer angry for NOT fulfilling the request or possibly making his bosses angry FOR fulfilling the request.

The only drinks included with the drink vouchers are the same as in the DL/CL/SL. Just basic cocktails, no frozen or blender drinks.

Just to add to what others have said and to make it clear. The 3 free drinks you get at bars in the evening are not any and every thing.

The bars will have a small menu card showing you whats available. Some bar men at bars are a little more flexible than others.

For example on a recent cruise at the Boleros bar I ordered a Miller light and the bar man charged me for it. I said "it's 5 o'clock i want to use my free drink" He said "Miller light is not included but Bud light is:rolleyes:".

Then at the pool bar, The guys there gave me miller light with no problem on another day.

IMG_0668_zpsibrt9q0w.jpg

Apples and oranges. Different perks for suite passengers vs Diamond passengers not in a suite. Suite passengers who are not also Diamond do not get the three drinks on their cards to use in a bar. Diamond passengers not in a suite do not have access to the SL.

guess I wasn't clear on our status..we are diamond and in a suite..so I hope our 18yo can get a frozen virgin drink with his 3 drink perk..the end

guess I wasn't clear on our status..we are diamond and in a suite..so I hope our 18yo can get a frozen virgin drink with his 3 drink perk..the end

No frozen drinks for anyone regardless of age using the 3 free coupons.

If the drink coupons are loaded onto the 18YO's Seapass they could get soda.