Bermuda Why?

grovesteve

My wife wants to take the Breakaway to Bermuda next August. It will be our third time on the Breakaway that is fine, what I don't know is what is there to do in Bermuda for 3 days, we don't golf. Those of you who have done Bermuda please let me know.

thanks

Steve R.

The "what to do in Bermuda" for three days (really more like 2.5) question gets asked frequently on here. There's a ton of information about what to do in Bermuda in the Ports of Call forum, and I think you'll find it very helpful.

No need to play golf (my spouse and I don't) to enjoy Bermuda.

Tons to do.

Buy some transportation tokens ($2 each) and ride the ferries to St. George's and Hamilton. Take the pink route and enjoy the scenery. It's breathtaking.

Go to Gibb's Lighthouse.

Swizzle Inn.

The Commissioner's House Museum.

Watch the dolphins get fed at Dolphin Quest.

Wander the south shore beaches.

2 1/2 days is not enough!

Jet ski. Snorkel.

Rent a pontoon boat and explore on your own.

Have fun!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

July 2014 Breakaway

Buy some transportation tokens ($2 each) and ride the ferries to St. George's and Hamilton.

Transportation tokens are $4 each...and depending on how much travel you're going to do on the buses and ferries, it can be cheaper to buy an unlimited transportation pass for one, two or three days.

There is also books of 15 transportation tickets for $30, but they were not available for sale at the Dockyard last year. You had to travel to Hamilton to buy them.

We've been regular visitors to Bermuda for more than 25 years. We didn't go in 2014 but plan to in 2015.

We're not golfers, and I'm not a beach person, although my wife is, so there must be more than enough to do to keep us coming back year after year. ;)

IMO it is flat out the nicest place you can visit that's just a short airline flight or cruise from the East Coast of the US. To find something else comparable you'd have to travel much, much further.

Edited by njhorseman

We've always found new things to do each time we've gone. I've some ideas on my blog. Why not think of a theme and explore things related to that. For instance Modern art, British influence, Hiking/Walks, hidden places, photography on a specific subject. Etc.

My wife wants to take the Breakaway to Bermuda next August. It will be our third time on the Breakaway that is fine, what I don't know is what is there to do in Bermuda for 3 days, we don't golf. Those of you who have done Bermuda please let me know.

thanks

Steve R.

You have your answer in the first sentence.

Happy wife, happy life.

The last time I went to Bermuda I stayed on the ship while everyone went ashore. I would venture ashore in the morning to get my latte from the pharmacy (their coffee shop inside there) and then head back to the ship where I’d hang out in Spice H2O. Except for the last day around noon, the entire Spice H2O was empty and quiet with nice ambient music playing. The bartender was a great guy up there too and would come over and check on the few of us from time to time and see if we needed anything – even water! If you get bored ashore, enjoy the ship!

We've been on 4 cruises so far, and Bermuda/Breakaway was by far our favorite! We loved being in one place for 3 days so we could really explore.

First day, we spent the day at Horseshoe Bay, and loved being at the beach then that evening we went into Hamilton and had dinner and enjoyed the street fair.

Second day we booked a private driver/tour guide and spent the whole day exploring the island - seeing all the little beaches and coves, traveling into neighborhoods, going to St Georges. We had lunch in one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen overlooking the ocean.

Third day, since it was a short day, we booked our guide again and saw some of the things we had missed - churches, a fabulous historic home, a gorgeous garden with a moon gate. Then we finished up with exploring the Dockyard before turning back to NYC.

We know we haven't seen even half of what we'd like to I would have been happy if the ship docked for a week! - I'm looking forward to another visit some time!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

My parents have been a few times and wanted to take me. Went for the first time on the Dawn this past September. I dont even remember everything I did but there was plenty. I also dont golf. Beach, Parasailing, Helmet Diving, boat tours, beach party, mall, walking around Hamilton.

Loved it so much Im going back for my second ever cruise in September.

You wont be bored.

IMHO Bermuda is far nicer than any of the islands in the Caribbean. It is safer, cleaner, and a lot more scenic. There is no lacking for things to do and see...it only depends upon what is important for you. Many people who have never been think that 3 days might be too long. Once you go you will quickly realize that 3 days isn't nearly enough.

Our previous three cruises were very port intensive and amazing, so when the Breakaway came on long we opted to do it for several reasons.

sailing in and out of New York, breath taking views

the ship it's self

Bermuda, simply relaxing and beautiful.

We took public transportation everywhere, explored Forts, beaches, light houses, did very little shopping as I am not a shopper but there is plenty of it available, watched the glass blowers and just took in the clean, friendly and beautiful island and people

Very relaxing and enjoyable and my husband stills says he had the most fun on this cruise

I had my very first cruise this past Sept and it was to Bermuda. I loved it so much, I'm going back.

I'm also not a golfer and not a beach person. I went hiking, saw the maritime museum right in the dockyard. There's also crystal caves and the botanical garden. Oh, and Gibbs lighthouse too! Beautiful views! You can take a bus or ferry pretty much everywhere. The bus drivers are super friendly and will tell you when you've reached your stop.

I actually ran out of time and didn't get to see everything on my list. That's why I'm going back :) Next Oct can't come soon enough.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

We were very hesitant to do Bermuda. We are not beach goers nor do we play golf. Bermuda has become our favorite place. Go see the pink sands, the glass beach,swizzle inn, caves, zoo, dolphins, glass factory,Bermuda nights,......

So much to do,and the island has the nicest friendliest people ever!!

Buy the bus/ferry pass and just have fun. You can't get lost. Pink buses one way....blue the other way...just ask the driver...they will let u know where to get off,and where to catch the bus back.

Enjoy