To my cyber friends: FINALLY booked again!

fann1sh

It's been a long time, but I'm FINALLY booked: Nieuw Amsterdam out of Vancouver on next year's last run Alaska of the season.

My Dad has had a myriad of health issues, but he's now stable. My friend Kelly drives us to Florida every year, so...

Grabbed a deal with:

Explore4

free 3rd person

and $500 on board credit from the travel agency.

Instead of "cave dwelling", Dad insisted on: http://half.com/7137-nieuw-amsterdam/

Had to share!

Edited by Host Walt

Congrats - always exciting to get a cruise booked but even more so when you get such a good deal. Of all our Alaska cruises, our favorite 3 were the ones that were the last of their respective cruise seasons.

Smooth sailing!

It's been a long time, but I'm FINALLY booked: Nieuw Amsterdam out of Vancouver on next year's last run Alaska of the season.

My Dad has had a myriad of health issues, but he's now stable. My friend Kelly drives us to Florida every year, so...

Grabbed a deal with:

Explore4

free 3rd person

Instead of "cave dwelling", Dad insisted on: (LINK REMOVED BY JOANIE)

Had to share!

YES!!! Welcome back my friend!!

When are you doing Alaska on Nieuw Amsterdam?

We board her in San Diego on 25 April 2015 and are doing the Pacific Coastal to Vancouver and then 2 weeks aboard her, Disembarking from her on May 14th.

Glad to hear your dad is better:)

WORD of warning. IF you can get in and edit your post, you need to take the link to the other site out, it is not allowed on CC. You have not been on in such a long time that I'm sure you never knew.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Grabbed a deal with:

Explore4

free 3rd person

Instead of "cave dwelling", Dad insisted on: http://half.com/7137-nieuw-amsterdam/

Had to share!

awesome Patricia.

Your deal sounds great and the room looks great (great pics).

I hope you have a fabulous time :)

Edited by Host Walt

Congrats! You and your Dad are going to have a fantastic time. My Mom (84) and I did the last Alaska run out of Vancouver last year, and it was awesome! I had worried it would be too cold or rainy, but there is no more or less chance of "off" weather the last week than there is any other week of the summer. And there is something so fun about being in the Alaska ports that last week when the vendors are closing up shop - lots of GREAT deals on merchandise if that's something you like - and lots of great conversation with the shop-owners who are packing up. Also, the ports just seemed quieter, although that might have been my imagination...

Have fun!

Thanks for your replies!

But I don't think I can edit that thread starting post, drat it. :eek:

No worries, you had no way of knowing having been gone so long. As IRL Joanie said, that website is not allowed to be named, only references to her husband website are allowed. But at least you still have the link.:D

Congrats on booking a HAL cruise again! We are also on the NA on her first trip to Alaska next year.

Grabbed a deal with:

Explore4

free 3rd person

Instead of "cave dwelling", Dad insisted on:http://half.com/7137-nieuw-amsterdam/

Had to share!

Glad your Dad is in better health! Congrats on you booking the Nieuw Amsterdam to Alaska. Lovely ship in a gorgeous area!:D

David

Edited by luvtwotrvl

YES!!! Welcome back my friend!!

When are you doing Alaska on Nieuw Amsterdam?

We board her in San Diego on 25 April 2015 and are doing the Pacific Coastal to Vancouver and then 2 weeks aboard her, Disembarking from her on May 14th.

Glad to hear your dad is better:)

WORD of warning. IF you can get in and edit your post, you need to take the link to the other site out, it is not allowed on CC. You have not been on in such a long time that I'm sure you never knew.

Joanie

I think you mean April 2016 since April 2015 is long gone.

That link doesn't take me to a ship cabin but. to a page selling textbooks???

Grabbed a deal with:

Explore4

free 3rd person

Had to share!

Great! I am your fan.

We are on the last voyage of the Ryndam...wish you were here!

Thanks again to ALL!

Oh, MaisonRose - I'm so jealous. I lovelovelove Ryndam, the way many others here feel about Maasdam. I wish it was Veendam leaving the fleet with Statendam instead.

Cruising-Along, I have a different cat avatar on each of the social media sites I use, but the same cat! Abby Tabby is still doing well, and is kind to me: her slave.

Carol, LOL: you know me so well! Yes, I'll be at daily team trivia, with a sharp pencil!

Dad often speaks fondly of that cooking class. He's living on his own, cooking for himself, and still famous for presenting platters of Peace River shrimp to friends as gifts.

Edited by fann1sh

Thanks again to ALL!

Oh, MaisonRose - I'm so jealous. I lovelovelove Ryndam, the way many others here feel about Maasdam. I wish it was Veendam leaving the fleet with Statendam instead.

Cruising-Along, I have a different cat avatar on each of the social media sites I use, but the same cat! Abby Tabby is still doing well, and is kind to me: her slave.

Carol, LOL: you know me so well! Yes, I'll be at daily team trivia, with a sharp pencil!

Dad often speaks fondly of that cooking class. He's living on his own, cooking for himself, and still famous for presenting platters of Peace River shrimp to friends as gifts.

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that Abby Tabby is doing well :)