Carnival Fan For Life

LilCruising

This is my first post ever. But I just returned from a three night cruise on the Carnival Ecstacy. It was amazing. I was undecided whether to take a three day or a week cruise and my Personal Vacation planner took the time to get to know me and then recommended the three day. Can't thank him enough. Will be calling him soon to book my next cruise. I can't wait to go back.

This is my first post ever. But I just returned from a three night cruise on the Carnival Ecstacy. It was amazing. I was undecided whether to take a three day or a week cruise and my Personal Vacation planner took the time to get to know me and then recommended the three day. Can't thank him enough. Will be calling him soon to book my next cruise. I can't wait to go back.
See from your post that you're based in Miami. May I recommend that you pick an eight day sailing on the Breeze that goes to the southern caribbean visiting both Aruba and Curacao. It does this itinerary about once per month and it has gotten great reviews on these boards. I was on the Breeze two years ago and had a great time and Aruba is my favorite port after 25 cruises. Enjoy.

Great to hear that you enjoyed your cruise on Carnival & welcome to Cruise Critic !!

Great to hear that you are now "hooked" on cruising!

A 3 day cruise is a good way to "get your feet wet" to see if you like cruising. (Yes, puns intended!) Short cruises tend be more active and more of a party crowd. And they are great for a quick getaway.

Longer cruises tend to be more subdued, but you get to visit more ports. So an emphasis on ports and excursions is more likely on a longer cruise.

IMO the port you cruise from also influences the crowd that a ship will attract.

So port of embarkation, length of cruise, and the time of year you cruise will all influence the type of passengers that a cruise attracts and the cruise atmosphere. Spring break and summer months will attract a lot more kids.

You cruised on one of Carnival's older Fantasy class ships. Their newer ships offer more amenities. You might want to try a ship with the 2.0 upgrades next

Hope you'll come back after your next cruise and do a review!

Our first one was a 3 day as well, just too see if we would like it or not. That was almost 20 years ago, we are still cruising.

Our first cruise was a 5 day on the Ecstasy. We booked it to see if we would enjoy cruising. We obviously do as we have our 7th & 8Th booked for this year!:D

See from your post that you're based in Miami. May I recommend that you pick an eight day sailing on the Breeze that goes to the southern caribbean visiting both Aruba and Curacao. It does this itinerary about once per month and it has gotten great reviews on these boards. I was on the Breeze two years ago and had a great time and Aruba is my favorite port after 25 cruises. Enjoy.

I agree. We did this itinerary on the Miracle when it was first offered, and Curacao is now my favorite port. My husband loved the snorkeling.

Welcome to cruising POM and PEV are great ports and close to home.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Our first cruise was in 2005 on the Carnival Magic. We spent two extra days at sea because Hurricane Rita closed the Port of Galveston. We had beautiful weather while at sea and got to spend a day at Costa Maya, a port not on our original itinerary. The only down side was coming home and seeing all the devastation.

This first cruise hooked us on cruising, we just got off our 18th cruise. Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising.

Our first cruise was a five day on Fantasy and we were hooked immediately! Since then we have steadily gone on ships with more and more of the 2.0 features and I am really happy with how that has worked out as each ship we get to enjoy more new things, revisit our favorites from previous cruises and have never felt overwhelmed with all the options. The Sunshine is our next cruise and I am not sure we are going to make it off the ship a great deal!

We too adore Carnival and have never had a negative experience. We have researched other cruise lines and have taken the time when in port next to other ships to check them out as much as possible from the ship we were on and haven't found a reason to leave Carnival yet.

Welcome to the world of cruising! It is truly the absolute best vacation ever!

I thought I was a "Carnival Fan for Life" just as yourself until Carnival gave me a reason not to be.

Reminds me of some having their first hamburger at a Dairy Queen, and swearing on those burgers for life.

Making that trip back each time to Dairy Queen swearing they are the best.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Our first cruise was in 2005 on the Carnival Magic...............

CORRECTION: It was the Conquest. Sorry I was looking for cruises on the Magic right before I posted this. I am blaming it on old age and way to much coffee.