Havana Daydreamin Back 2 Back on Serenade NOLA "LIVE"

That Paradise Punch sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

IT IS GREAT! I am not much for a fruity type of punch drink, but it is very nice. Barbara is pleased with it.

We have found the Pool Bar is the place to get those drinks of the day. We have tried some of the other venues and they just are not as tasty as by the pool.:D

Announced this morning about mid morning that the theatre has been taken care of and will be open for business tonight and for the rest of the week.

I have not had a chance to inquire about cabins. Maybe tomorrow morning. I seem to run across the Hotel Director at Cafe Latte-tudes every morning.

Captain Anders reports that we are about 3 1/2 hours from approaching the Keys.

If you get a chance over the next week could you ask the Blairs if they are going to be onboard Mid-March? Someone on our roll call was asking and I seen information that stated they were taking time off at some point and then coming back later.

Thanks

John Blair is the CD for those not aware. :)

I will endeavor to find that info out when I come across them again.

Announced this morning about mid morning that the theatre has been taken care of and will be open for business tonight and for the rest of the week.

I have not had a chance to inquire about cabins. Maybe tomorrow morning. I seem to run across the Hotel Director at Cafe Latte-tudes every morning.

Captain Anders reports that we are about 3 1/2 hours from approaching the Keys.

I will endeavor to find that info out when I come across them again.

Good news! Thanks for sharing!

Enjoy your cruise. Wish we were there sailing as well.

What a fantastic sea day morning!!!

We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in the main dining this morning and then prepared to enjoy deck five starboard.

There we spent about an hour and a half doing some relaxing and listening to the sea. Of course, I did some daydreamin with an Oliva V torpedo. It was quite exceptional! Something about the sea, I guess. :D

We are currently enjoying the pool deck listening to the poolside duo beginning their set with Three Little Birds. Fantastic.

Our afternoon will be spent relaxing on the balcony listening to our own music mix on our Bose III. Maybe even a relaxing snooze will occur.

The passengers are quite happy in the warmth today. We awoke to 70 degrees fahrenheit and it has just gotten better from there. The seas are a bit smoother. Was fairly choppy overnight and first part of the morning but barely noticeable now.

Lunch plans call for Izumi for something light and fun.

The pool side seems a bit empty but everyone is enjoying. I expect we are seeing the effects of so many missing passengers.

Enjoy the tidbit of poolside life.

IMG_5682_zps0de186e8.jpg

IMG_5680_zpsbf6ddee8.jpg

What a fantastic sea day morning!!!

We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in the main dining this morning and then prepared to enjoy deck five starboard.

There we spent about an hour and a half doing some relaxing and listening to the sea. Of course, I did some daydreamin with an Oliva V torpedo. It was quite exceptional! Something about the sea, I guess. :D

We are currently enjoying the pool deck listening to the poolside duo beginning their set with Three Little Birds. Fantastic.

Our afternoon will be spent relaxing on the balcony listening to our own music mix on our Bose III. Maybe even a relaxing snooze will occur.

The passengers are quite happy in the warmth today. We awoke to 70 degrees fahrenheit and it has just gotten better from there. The seas are a bit smoother. Was fairly choppy overnight and first part of the morning but barely noticeable now.

Lunch plans call for Izumi for something light and fun.

The pool side seems a bit empty but everyone is enjoying. I expect we are seeing the effects of so many missing passengers.

Enjoy the tidbit of poolside life.

IMG_5682_zps0de186e8.jpg

IMG_5680_zpsbf6ddee8.jpg

Really enjoying your updates, we sail on her in 4 weeks and feel like I'm already on board.

IT IS GREAT! I am not much for a fruity type of punch drink, but it is very nice. Barbara is pleased with it.

We have found the Pool Bar is the place to get those drinks of the day. We have tried some of the other venues and they just are not as tasty as by the pool.:D

Thanks so much for all the info and being able to share in your cruise. I will be joining you on Saturday and can't wait.

I hope you are saying the 'pool bar' adds a tad more alcohol. No worries, next week I'll let ya know where and who to get those mixed drinks from!

Will you be joining our meet and mingle? If not I want to set a time to at least say 'hi' to you and your wife. By then I think the in laws will be leaving, but you'll have all the new people to share in the adventure.

Keep up the GREAT work.

Thanks for the updates and you have a wonderful attitude. If you remember please tell Alan, the Diamond Concierge that Rose Marie and Emily Guidry said hello and thanks again for making Emily's 68th birthday so special.

W were on her the week of January 10th.

Have a great cruise and keep up your sunny outlook. Hopefully it will rub off on the few negative you mentioned.

Thanks so much for all the info and being able to share in your cruise. I will be joining you on Saturday and can't wait.

I hope you are saying the 'pool bar' adds a tad more alcohol. No worries, next week I'll let ya know where and who to get those mixed drinks from!

Will you be joining our meet and mingle? If not I want to set a time to at least say 'hi' to you and your wife. By then I think the in laws will be leaving, but you'll have all the new people to share in the adventure.

Keep up the GREAT work.

I don't know that there is more alcohol, but it seems to have a better blend that what we found at the Safari Club and the Vortex/Crown Lounge area.

You bet we can have a Howdy. That would be nice.

Thanks for the updates and you have a wonderful attitude. If you remember please tell Alan, the Diamond Concierge that Rose Marie and Emily Guidry said hello and thanks again for making Emily's 68th birthday so special.

W were on her the week of January 10th.

Have a great cruise and keep up your sunny outlook. Hopefully it will rub off on the few negative you mentioned.

Will do!

The Paradise Punch

IMG_5683_zps2e8fd3f7.jpg

After the Tropical Duo ended their set, we ventured to Izumi to have a light bite to eat for lunch.

There was no waiting as we were the 4th & 5th persons in the venue. Service was friendly, expedient, and eventually outstanding.

We ordered the Red Miso soup, the spicy tuna roll, and the temaki combo. All was very tasty and perfectly sated us.

IMG_5684_zps8a16ee5e.jpg

IMG_5685_zps39fc293c.jpg

Then it was off to our balcony to upload some pictures of chefs table, download one of Barbara's books to her iPad, make this and a couple other posts. Then I think it is not DAYdreamin but some real dreaming with an afternoon nap to the sound of the sea.:D

The Blairs are spending their last week on Serenade this week.

After we return to New Orleans, they will be making their way to the Jewel.

So there will be brand new cruise director on the Serenade next week.

OK, thanks for checking!

The Chef's Table (for those who may not know what it is) is a special dining venue limited to a small number. We were anticipating 12 but two of the people were in the affected cabins and not able to participate.

We gathered in the Safari Club on deck 6, being welcomed and led to a seating area and served a flute of sparkling wine while getting acquainted and waiting for everyone to arrive.

Then we were taken in to find our seats. Name placards are at each participants place along with a menu. This is a picture of the table & settings along with the menu of this week.

IMG_5630_zpsb4f7a49a.jpg

IMG_3965_zpse47a43f9.jpg

Each course was presented with explanation as was the presentation & explanation of the wine that was paired with that course. These are examples of what you would experience.

IMG_5639_zps50a91cd1.jpg

IMG_5640_zps7e705f30.jpg

IMG_5654_zps63b94713.jpg

Next up: Chef's Table finale

The Blairs are spending their last week on Serenade this week.

After we return to New Orleans, they will be making their way to the Jewel.

So there will be brand new cruise director on the Serenade next week.

I believe you will have Bill Brunchorst (?sp?) next week.

Bento and Chef George do an excellent presentation. We had the same menu in December. I couldn't decide which course I liked the best......they were all wonderful. We also did it 2 weeks in a row. The menu the second week was the same except a filet was the entree instead of the lamb chops.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much for your great reporting! We are on the 1/31 sailing and I was concerned about the power problems. It's reassuring to know that progress is being made - we enjoy seeing shows in the theater.

Keep up the great job - if it doesn't interfere with your relaxing. Hope to meet you next week and thank you in person!

In the midst of a blizzard here in CT - hoping to make our 7 am flight on Wednesday.

I just found this thread and have been reading from the 1st post. I so admire your positive attitude and keeping us posted. We sail on Feb 28th so hoping all is fixed and like brand new when we embark. I'm thinking, this could have happened when we were on the ship so a bit anxious to see what RCI does between now and then.

I second your comments. I'm hoping cabin 7172 wasn't affect :D

I am pretty sure that RC is working around the clock to get things fixed and by your second week things should be back to normal.

I believe you will have Bill Brunchorst (?sp?) next week.

I e-mailed Royal Caribbean last week and this was their reply:

"We are happy to advise you that the Cruise Director

for your sailing will indeed be John Blair. He returns

as Cruise Director for the Serenade of the Seas on

February 28, 2015."

So now I am completely confused :confused:

Thanks so much for your great reporting! We are on the 1/31 sailing and I was concerned about the power problems. It's reassuring to know that progress is being made - we enjoy seeing shows in the theater.

Keep up the great job - if it doesn't interfere with your relaxing. Hope to meet you next week and thank you in person!

In the midst of a blizzard here in CT - hoping to make our 7 am flight on Wednesday.

That would be nice! If you see someone with a MacBook feverishly stroking the keys and eyes glued to the screen, that might be me!

OR

If you see someone enjoying a fine cigar with a Daydreamin look about him, that will definitely be me!:D

Stop and say Howdy!