A Look At The Former Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas

This may be more appropriate on the cruise ships of the past part of Cruise Critic, but I wanted to share this here for those that have sailed on the Monarch of the Seas.

For those that are not familiar, the Monarch of the Seas sailed with Royal Caribbean until 2013. The ship now sails as Pullmanur's Monarch. On my recent Carnival Elation cruise, we docked with this ship in both Cozumel and Progreso. I got some detailed pictures of this ship and thought those who once sailed onboard would enjoy seeing some pictures of this once Royal Caribbean ship.

The photos are located here on my personal blog (only a hobby site, makes no $) : http://www.embarkandaway.com/general-cruise-blog/former-royal-caribbean-monarch-of-the-seas-now-pullmanurs-monarch

For those of you that have sailed on this ship when it was the Monarch of the Seas, I hope you enjoy this. I think it is always fun to see what becomes of past cruise ships. Have a great evening!

Thank you for sharing! My husband and I spent our Honeymoon on the Monarch back in 1994. At that time she was considered a HUGE ship, lol!

Today's smaller and older ships were once the biggest and newest ships. It is so hard to believe.

Those are great pictures, thanks for sharing!

You're welcome!

Thank you so much for posting these pics ... wow she still looks beautiful ... that 2-tone blue and the Pullmantur design really look sharp on her.

In those side view shots, I can clearly see the JS balcony cabin we had on our first RC cruise ever out of Port Canaveral on Monarch in 2009.

Great memories of a great ship .. we got to sail on her twice.

That was the ship that started my love and addiction to cruising! That's why I am so happy to have gotten a chance to book Majesty of the Seas this fall before she leaves the fleet. It's going to be almost like walking back on the Monarch I think for me.

My first cruise for my honeymoon way back in August 1993. I recall my wife saying on the way to the pier, "Wait until you see the size of this ship!!!!" I also remember wondering how in the world we were ever going to be able to eat at the midnight buffet after finishing dinner at the late seating. Somehow, we managed. Fun times. From the Monarch to the Allure which we'll be sailing on in 3 weeks. I guess we've come full circle! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the pics OP :) Monarch was my first Royal cruise and I loved that ship! The best crew Ive had yet and such a fun time. The ONLY bad thing about that cruise was it was only 3 nights :(