good hotel by RCCL port Caniveral

saleaaway

HI guys

Crusing the FOS in July but wanted to get a hotel for the night before we leave. Can anyone make a suggestion.

We will have our car and will probably park at the pier as we are going to Universal the day we leave the ship.

Appreciate the help.

Most will recommend Radisson or Country Inn and Suites next to the port.

Personally I prefer to stay in Cocoa Beach. I like the LaQuinta Inn just fine and its generally 50-75 dollars cheaper than the two above that are close to the port.

Most all the hotels in the Pt Canaveral Cocoa Beach area will offer a cruise package.

HI guys

Crusing the FOS in July but wanted to get a hotel for the night before we leave. Can anyone make a suggestion.

We will have our car and will probably park at the pier as we are going to Universal the day we leave the ship.

Appreciate the help.

Closest hotels to the port: Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn, and Radisson.

We stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott Cape Canaveral. You can wake up and see the cruise ships from your window. The hotel is maybe a mile away from the ships I would guess. It was nice, clean and they give you a free breakfast in the morning. The hotel will provide a free shuttle to the front door check in of the ship you are sailing as well. The free shuttle is what sealed the deal for our family, as only a few hotels we looked into offered this. If we had another cruise booked out of that port, I would stay there again. You will need to book well in advance though as the hotel sells out with cruisers each weekend the manager told me when I checked in. Enjoy your cruise.

Another nice feature of the Residence Inn is that they have true two bedroom suites, so it can end up being less expensive for a family to stay there than to get two rooms elsewhere.

Radisson has cheaper parking though and great shuttle service. We live close by and park in their lot for half of what the port charges. I am not sure if Country Inns allow you to park but would take that into consideration. Mike's pharmacy is next to Wendy's and they have anything you might need like bonine and last minute items.

Personally I prefer to stay in Cocoa Beach. I like the LaQuinta Inn just fine and its generally 50-75 dollars cheaper than the two above that are close to the port.

Most all the hotels in the Pt Canaveral Cocoa Beach area will offer a cruise package.

We also prefer Cocoa Beach. The Cocoa Beach hotels are closer to the beach with some on the beach. To us, being closer to the beach and many restaurants, is a great trade-off for the difference to drive 10 minutes to port versus 5 minutes to port the morning of the cruise.

M

Closest hotels to the port: Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn, and Radisson.

Do a Priceline for Astronaut Blvd and you are guaranteed to get one of these 3. We have stayed at 2 of the 3 and they are all great. We have gotten these hotels for $50 or $60 each time.

Don't pay the port parking, it is nuts. Park at http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/index.html#.VDcBZm_D8dU

It is across from the Radisson. Great prices and they are fast, fast, fast when getting off the ship. Only place we part at when we cruise out of PC.

Edited by karena1

We also stayed at LaQuinta and found it quite comfortable and reasonable.

We left our car there for the week at no charge and we did pay a minimal amount for the shuttle to and from the ship. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Have also stayed at the Radisson and left the car, but would prefer the Cocoa Beach area.....more restaurants and things to do in that area.

Had stayed at the Raddison for three of our cruises out of this port.

Although it is a nice resort it is starting to show its age.

But, when we sail out of here we do enjoy the pool.

Very reasonable pricing.

Good luck on your decision.

Sea Ya

All 3 hotels at the port have a park/sleep/cruise package, as do the Comfort Suites in Cocoa Beach.

We stayed at the Radisson last February and I found it old and worn, but the pool area was lovely. I didn't like the outside facing rooms, I prefer interior corridors.

This March we are staying at the Residence Inn in a "real" 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite.

In both hotels we park at the hotel and take the free shuttle to the port. The Country Inn is slightly more expensive than Radisson, but it is newer.

We stayed before and after our cruise at La Quinta. Nothing fancy but a good place to stay. Rooms were clean, nice size pool and right across the hi way from the ocean. We would stay there again.

I have always done the stay in Orlando thing(free airport shuttle) and then paid for shuttle service form Orlando to Port and then back.

Is it any cheaper to get a shuttle to a hotel at the port, stay there and then pay for a shuttle back to the airport?

I would rather stay closer to the Port, but figured this maybe a more expensive option?

Anyone with some experience doing this both ways?

Thanks for the information. The last time we cruised out of Port Canaveral we did not have our car there so we didn't.t have to worry about parking. We are cruising next July from port Canaveral again and this time will have a car. This information is great!

Our preferred hotel in the area is the Residence Inn.

If you are considering the Radisson, read the reviews on TripAdvisor before booking. Although there are recommendations for it on this board, the reviews are very mixed with regard to the hotel's age and conditions. In my opinion, there are better (newer) choices than Radisson..

Love Four Points by Sheraton in Cocoa Beach. We have stayed there twice and were not disappointed either time. It's right next to Ron Jon's.

Another vote for Four Points in Cocoa Beach!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping someone can tell me about Country inn and suites? it had decent reviews and I had a bunch of points. Family suite for under 100.00. They offer a shuttle service and park for 45.00 but I'm kind of liking the port canaveral parking idea. We are going to universal the day we get off the ship so the faster we got to our car the faster we can spend the day at the park.

Not knowing the area is the Country inn close to the parking area?

I love this board.