Does the Celebrity Reflection feel crowded?

BubbaLuvin

I think Reflection holds about 200 more passengers, which is about 7% more than the stated capacity of Solstice at 2850 passengers, thus assume it also has more cabins than other S class ships with the same pool area, so if pool area not enlarged, then that specific area would have the potential to be more crowded.

I would also think that there is more public areas too with the additional deck, but as we have seen on M class ships, public areas were taken away to get cabins on deck 3 and 11 ( I think those are the 2 decks they took public space away.)

I think Reflection holds about 200 more passengers, which is about 7% more than the stated capacity of Solstice at 2850 passengers, thus assume it also has more cabins than other S class ships with the same pool area, so if pool area not enlarged, then that specific area would have the potential to be more crowded.

I would also think that there is more public areas too with the additional deck, but as we have seen on M class ships, public areas were taken away to get cabins on deck 3 and 11 ( I think those are the 2 decks they took public space away.)

They did not add an entire deck. They raised the pool deck area (1/3 of that deck) up one level and added the extra cabins in newly vacated area. To offset the weight of the pool area being one deck higher (water is very heavy), the ship was widened and lengthened a few feet to regain the same stability as her narrower and shorter sisters. That additional width and length provided for larger dining room areas with more seating, more pool deck space (helped by the removal of the water jet area), and more theater seating. As a result, Reflection has a slightly better space to passenger ratio than her older sisters.

They did not add an entire deck. They raised the pool deck area (1/3 of that deck) up one level and added the extra cabins in newly vacated area. To offset the weight of the pool area being one deck higher (water is very heavy), the ship was widened and lengthened a few feet to regain the same stability as her narrower and shorter sisters. That additional width and length provided for larger dining room areas with more seating, more pool deck space (helped by the removal of the water jet area), and more theater seating. As a result, Reflection has a slightly better space to passenger ratio than her older sisters.

Good info to know. So was the pool area proportionately enlarged by 7% assuming my passenger capacity #'s are correct?

DW and I were on Reflection in March 2016

and we did not feel crowded at all. In fact some of the facilities are larger than the other S-Class ships. DW commented that there were more tile beds in the Persian Gardens on Reflection than there were on the Equinox. On both S-class ships the only place where you might feel crowded would be if you tried to dance in the center of The Atrium in front of the house band. But then you have to be pretty good to dance in front of all those people in the first place. As the other posters said, the pool area on all ships can get busy, but if you don't mind going up the next deck there are plenty of loungers there. Plus it didn't seem that a lot of people went all the way up to the top deck in the front of the ship (it was Equinox deck on Equinox). If the ship was traveling in Europe make sure your kids don't go up there because I heard a rumor that they allow topless sunbathing there. I searched and searched but none to be found ( don't tell DW, she's sensitive about this stuff)

Enjoy your cruising days.

Good info to know. So was the pool area proportionately enlarged by 7% assuming my passenger capacity #'s are correct?

This is from a press release issued in 2011:

Meyer Werft, one of the top ship building companies in the world, is the builder of all five S-class ships. Because the Reflection has additional sections added to the center of her two upper decks, she has more weight on her top decks which results in a higher center of gravity than her sisters. To compensate for that, she is one meter wider than her four sisters. This extra width will give her the same stability as her sisters.

That extra width will also give her 45 additional seats in the Celebrity Theater, 118 additional seats in Oceanview Cafe, 24 additional seats each in Blu and in Tuscan Grille, four more in Qsine, and 40 additional seats in the main dining room, as well as space for more loungers around the pools.

For an interactive photo of Reflection that shows quite clearly the differences of the pool deck positions, click on the link provided and scroll about 1/4 down the page. There you will find a photo that will change to show the difference when you move your cursor over it. It's in German, so I can't tell you what it says. And, I haven't been able to copy just the image for your enjoyment.

https://www.cruisetricks.de/die-vielen-kleinen-unterschiede-der-celebrity-reflection/#

My wife and I were on her 2nd cruise in October 2012 from Barcelona to Venice. Although the ship was full, we never felt it was crowded.

Edited by SantaFeFan

I am not sure your calculations are correct.

I have been on the S-class ships and the Reflection is definitely feels more crowded than the other ships. The Sky Lounge has been reduced by about 40% to put in additional rooms. Also, there are more Aqua class rooms which puts a strain on the Blu restaurant. Blu is more crowded on the Reflection than on the other S-class ships.

On the other hand, the Persian Garden has been expanded.

Agree with previous post. Reflection.felt crowded

Circular bar area out back also crowded..we just did not care for the layout of this ship...spa on diff kevel than solarium and nightclub truncated

I have been on the S-class ships and the Reflection is definitely feels more crowded than the other ships. The Sky Lounge has been reduced by about 40% to put in additional rooms. Also, there are more Aqua class rooms which puts a strain on the Blu restaurant. Blu is more crowded on the Reflection than on the other S-class ships.

We never spend much time in the Sky Lounge on any ship, so the smaller size did not affect us in any way. Same with Blu since we don't see the value of Aqua Class. If those are the only two areas that you spent all your time in, then yes, I could see that it would seem more crowded to you. But the rest of the ship does not.

Agree with previous post. Reflection.felt crowded

Circular bar area out back also crowded..we just did not care for the layout of this ship...spa on diff kevel than solarium and nightclub truncated

I liked the aft bar better, and felt it was much more cozy and comfortable than on the other S-class ships I have been on. Reflection is still our favorite ship.

We were with another couple who were longtime Princess fans and decided to try Reflection with us. The commented several times that they did not feel crowded at all. On one occasion my friend asked "Where was everyone? Is the ship only half full?" In fact, it was sold out.

I think the redesigned Sunset Bar on Reflection is the best bar in Celebrity's fleet. We sail in regular balcony cabins and I didn't feel Reflection was anymore crowded than any other S-Class ship. We don't sit right by the pool; there are lots of seating areas all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the Reflection :loudcry:

The ship didn't feel crowded at all. And we knew that it was sold out with every stateroom occupied. The only time it felt crowded was on one of the sea days when we went to the Oceanview cafe and had to walk around to find an empty table.

I don't know how they do it, but it never felt like we were sailing with 3000+ guests.

What is your calculation? My 7% increase in passenger capacity is from Celebrity's website.

We've sailed Reflection twice. Most recently the Oct 2016 TA. Doesn't feel over crowded at all. Sure there are busy areas, but overall the ship is spacious. We especially love the Sunset Bar at the aft of the ship. Great bar; day and night.

I agree the Sunset Bar design on Reflection is one of its big improvements over the other ships.

Luminae is definitely more crowded on Reflection. The Sky Lounge butchery is one of the things I like least on the ship

There are also more suites on Reflection....did Michael's or Luminae seem busier? We are on Reflection next year.

We were on in April of this year and no, didn't seem more crowded to us. We had no problem getting a seat in Michael's every night before dinner. Some evenings it even seemed empty. It will be interesting to see if it's the same in December. Our cruise has had very few cabins left for a long time now. Must be a popular week.