All things Pride of America

collinH45

I am creating a board where you can put everything about the Pride of America. It is a ship that sails year-round from Honolulu. On this board, you can talk about your experience and almost everything on this board. The ship is a hawaiian themed ship. I never been on the ship but heard alot about it.

Edited by collinH45

Loved the POA & hope to sail her again some day. She offers a very different experience than a "typical" NCL ship because Norwegian has smartly realized that it's all about the islands.

I'm not sure what kind of info you were hoping to have posted, but I'm happy to answer questions if I can. There's also a link to my rather lengthy review of our POA experience in my signature below.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I know the BAGs program (where they pick up your luggage from cabin and check through to plane) comes and goes at various ports. Can anyone who's been on POA lately tell me if it was offered? Our family will have too much luggage for our minivan and BAGs sure made it simple last summer in Whittier.

I know the BAGs program (where they pick up your luggage from cabin and check through to plane) comes and goes at various ports. Can anyone who's been on POA lately tell me if it was offered? Our family will have too much luggage for our minivan and BAGs sure made it simple last summer in Whittier.

We just got off the POA. If it was offered, we never heard about it. When we were in line at the pier everyone had their own bags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

See below...

Sorry, Hawaii is not included, in fact, the whole program has been discontinued :

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bags

Edited by $hip$hape

I saw the POA on the Hawaii 5-0 episode to, screamed when I did but no one else was upstairs with me. I love watching the episodes and seeing places that we were on our 2 days before the cruise. Saw taping of an episode at HHV and finally saw the scene on the 4/25 episode.

I also saw an episode of Hawaii Life on HGTV last weekend and they were in Kona. Every time they did a shot of the water the POA was in the background. Must have seen it almost a dozen times, so cool!

Does anyone know if one side of the ship is better than the other for a balcony stateroom?

Someone just told me port is better for napali coast but on the itinerary it appears the ship makes a circle and passes the coast on both sides.???

Any and all tips for this cruise will be much appreciate :)

Recently booked POA for September 2015..to celebrate the big 6-oooh!!

Anyone see the POA docked in Honolulu on Hawaii 5-O this past Friday?!?! :D

We're booked on POA for September as well. Looking forward to any other tips or info from those who have sailed previously.

Obsessedwithplanning ......

I feel the port side is best for viewing the NaPali coast. The first pass (port) is made closer and slower to the coast/island, then the ship makes a turn and is a lot further out from the coast, and also picks up speed.

Chuck

Obsessedwithplanning ......

I feel the port side is best for viewing the NaPali coast. The first pass (port) is made closer and slower to the coast/island, then the ship makes a turn and is a lot further out from the coast, and also picks up speed.

Chuck

I was just on the POA for 2 B2B cruises. At this time of year, the second pass was in total darkness by the time it ended passing by the coast. The first pass was definitely the preferred pass.

I'm pretty much booked up for 2015, but I'm definitely considering a cruise/tour package for 2016. Hawaii is a bucket list place for me. Thinking a balcony is a must for this trip. Thank you for starting this thread, I am subscribing! :D

The Pride of America is a favorite of mine. My very first cruise was on her so it really makes that ship special. I loved it so much I sailed the islands 2 more times!!:D

I'm happy you loved the ship. I really want to get on but my family agrees with the Oasis or Allure.

I saw the POA on the Hawaii 5-0 episode to, screamed when I did but no one else was upstairs with me. I love watching the episodes and seeing places that we were on our 2 days before the cruise. Saw taping of an episode at HHV and finally saw the scene on the 4/25 episode.

I also saw an episode of Hawaii Life on HGTV last weekend and they were in Kona. Every time they did a shot of the water the POA was in the background. Must have seen it almost a dozen times, so cool!

I never knew that the Pride of America would be on Hawaii Five-0. I never watched it because of my family. I also never saw Hawaii Life.

Recently booked POA for September 2015..to celebrate the big 6-oooh!!

Anyone see the POA docked in Honolulu on Hawaii 5-O this past Friday?!?! :D

I didn't. If it came on Friday night at 8, I cant because of another show called The Amazing Race.

We were originally booked in a port side cabin, but we were upgraded to a suite on the starboard side.

I really wanted to stay on the port side, but the upgrade was irresistible.

Which open deck would be the best place to watch the Napali Coast Sailby?

I was thinking up a deck on 14?