Room service

Sampioen

I see the reference to room service frequently. Is this something that comes with the cruise - that is, the ability to ask for food/coffee/etc. to be brought at no extra charge (other than a gratuity), or is this like room service in a hotel?

Not that I plan on eating in my cabin, but a morning cup of coffee has appeal!

:)

Kev.

I see the reference to room service frequently. Is this something that comes with the cruise - that is, the ability to ask for food/coffee/etc. to be brought at no extra charge (other than a gratuity), or is this like room service in a hotel?

Kev.

No extra charge for the food, just a tip. I always start my day with coffee and toast in my cabin

It can be both, depending on the line. NCL had both gratis items and items for a fee on their room service menu. RCI and NCL both charge a fee for room service after a certain hour. I think it's safe to say that most lines have at least some room service items that are available at no extra cost. (and the room service menu is more limited than a hotel's, i.e. you cannot generally get a meal from the MDR through room service).

HAL has an extensive breakfast menu that is available to all cabin categories -- all free.

HAL also has a very nice 24/7 menu that you can order from -- free.

And there is a Noon to 10 PM menu - free.

And you can order dinner in your cabin from the main dining room menu - free.

It's a nice gesture to tip the person who delivers your food.

HAL's Room Service menu is about the best among the major cruise lines. No extra charge and available to everyone. We always choose to tip the steward who brings it. If you wish to tip, have the cash ready as they don't linger. They put down the tray, some review the order with you and they turn to leave. We always have the cash in hand to 'beat him' before he gets out the door. :)

You can have a full hot breakfast delivered or just coffee/sweet roll etc

They leave a full menu in the folio placed in every cabin.

HAL has an extensive breakfast menu that is available to all cabin categories -- all free.

HAL also has a very nice 24/7 menu that you can order from -- free.

And there is a Noon to 10 PM menu - free.

And you can order dinner in your cabin from the main dining room menu - free.

It's a nice gesture to tip the person who delivers your food.

Nothing is free on a cruise ship.

There are things that are included in the fare and there are things you pay extra for at the time of consumption.

Room Service is included in the fare. :)

Kev.

Looks like you are sailing on Carnival. Room service is included in your fare. Tip the person bringing you the food/cofee a couple of dollars based on the size of the order.

Nothing is free on a cruise ship.

There are things that are included in the fare and there are things you pay extra for at the time of consumption.

Room Service is included in the fare. :)

Yes sail -- we all know that.

Just pointing out that you don't have to pay extra for food to be delivered to your cabin like some cruise lines.

I wouldn't cruise with a line that charged for room service -- part of the reason I cruise is that coffee and juice delivered to my door in the a.m. :)

The charge is ONLY for service between midnight and 5 a.m. It was instituted to avoid people (yes, and kids in rooms by themselves) who would order and then either fall asleep or pass out once the order was delivered. Also, since the $3.95 charge per order INCLUDES the tip which normally would be given, you're only talking about a dollar or so extra. As long as you don't require your morning coffee and juice before 5 a.m., you wouldn't be paying anything extra.

Thanks for the response about who charges for late night room service. I don't like they do that though I understand the reasoning.

Royal Caribbean never used to charge for room service but then they noticed that people were ordering food late at night and just wasted a lot of it so a charge came in to stop that happening. Room Service is free of charge from 5am to midnight every day which I think is pretty reasonable because I can't imagine eating a meal at 1am in the morning!

We order room service some days for lunch as they have the honey stung chicken on the menu which we adore and the sweet potato fries! ROLL ON APRIL!

CK x

Im going on the Carnival Pride next weekend on the 8th of January. I would like to get room service atleast 1 time, for experience (Never had it in my life), and this is my first time going.

Question I have about this is, for my cruise line, do I also get a menu for room service in my cabin? And is it included in my fare on certain times of the day/night?

Im going on the Carnival Pride next weekend on the 8th of January. I would like to get room service atleast 1 time, for experience (Never had it in my life), and this is my first time going.

Question I have about this is, for my cruise line, do I also get a menu for room service in my cabin? And is it included in my fare on certain times of the day/night?

Yes, the menu will be included in a binder in your room discussing other ships services and informatiion.

Here is a copy of the menu for lunch and dinner.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/roomService.htm

For the continental breakfast, the choices are fruit, juice, coffee assorted danish, pastries, bagels etc.

It is customary to tip a couple of dollars to the person bringing your room to your cabin. We base it on how much we order. If it is just a pot of coffee, $1 is sufficient.

Yes, the menu will be included in a binder in your room discussing other ships services and informatiion.

Here is a copy of the menu for lunch and dinner.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/roomService.htm

For the continental breakfast, the choices are fruit, juice, coffee assorted danish, pastries, bagels etc.

It is customary to tip a couple of dollars to the person bringing your room to your cabin. We base it on how much we order. If it is just a pot of coffee, $1 is sufficient.

Jdvmd. You are greatness. Fast reply and you have answered my question in no better way. Thank you so much! :D

Room service is free- (included in the fare) tip 1. or 2 bucks depending on what you order.

We use room service twice a day--- in the morning for a pot of coffee and again before we hit the sack for choc milk and cookies.

remember when ordering room service to get your condiments.

Ordering cereal-- order milk,.

a sandwich-- get chips or pretzels-- please state what you want.

Coffee-- order your preferred creamers-- and sugars..etc.

if you order 4 cups of coffee you will get 4 carafes.

Coffee cups are very small on Carnival- 4-6 oz. I take an insulated mug. One that holds 12 oz does me better. The carafe empties into the 12oz mug.

Soda cards are not good for room service. and the stuff that is in the refrigerator are not fee. (nor is that large bottle of water

Royal Caribbean never used to charge for room service but then they noticed that people were ordering food late at night and just wasted a lot of it so a charge came in to stop that happening. Room Service is free of charge from 5am to midnight every day which I think is pretty reasonable because I can't imagine eating a meal at 1am in the morning!

We order room service some days for lunch as they have the honey stung chicken on the menu which we adore and the sweet potato fries! ROLL ON APRIL!

CK x

They sound great -- but what is "honey stung chicken"?

Archived