Princess Deceptive Sale Program

Comingaboard

Interesting. When I search without logging in I get an inside fare of $449 with no OBC, but they list the sale amenities (up to $1200, etc.). Then, when I log in I get the past passenger rate of $349 with no OBC and the sale offerings disappear. The 3rd and 4th passenger rate disappears with the past passenger rate, too. I have seen sale prices listed on the front page and in the sale list and can't find them when I try, so I know that happens. I agree that can be annoying. I don't know how long ago the screen shot was taken, though. It shows mini's available and now the mini's are sold out on that cruise.

Edited by KruzPrincess

they always seem to raise the price and offer all kinds of stuff (OBC the most common nonsense)

Why do you call OBC nonsense? You can use it towards all sorts of onboard expenses, we are taking a short 5 day cruise in a couple of weeks and received $200 in OBC, most of that could be used up by the automatic gratuities alone, as it is I suspect we will easily use up the OBC, most of it with just one shore excursion, and pay the gratuities out of pocket.

Edited by PenguinLife

The fine print in the image posted seems fairly clear. "Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space available basis at time of booking. Fares for other categories, sailings and cruisetours may vary."

What I find waaay more interesting is the blurb that says "Offer cannot be used toward the purchase of specialty dining packages." First time I've heard that Princess must be contemplating some kind of specialty dining package. :)

It's not the money but I really am planning to start sailing with another cruise line than Princess because of this B.S..

Finally!

There are so many posts here:

"I hate <something> about princess"

"I have been on 20 cruises and every one of them has had this problem"

Finally someone that doesn't keep sticking their finger in

the light socket to see if it still hurts.

Good luck, and I applaud your backbone.

So you want to pay $349 for an Inside Cabin and get $1,200 in perks.

I have a bridge in Brooklyn that you might be interested in buying. ;)

$349 and perks. Here in the UK we can't even get those sort of deals. Put a one in front of the 349 and that's a deal for us. Think of us when you next book a cruise. :mad:Woe is me, but then there are no pockets in shrouds, so enjoy whilst you can.

$349 and perks. Here in the UK we can't even get those sort of deals. Put a one in front of the 349 and that's a deal for us. Think of us when you next book a cruise. :mad:Woe is me, but then there are no pockets in shrouds, so enjoy whilst you can.

Yes and that 1349 would be £ and not $.

I noticed something similar but not exactly the same on my upcoming CB cruise. One category is OV $299 with $100 OBC, but when we called we were told that it applies to OV only and the fare had to be at least $299, not OV obstructed at a lower fare. I'm pretty sure that in the past, whatever was listed for OV was good for obstructed as well so we were a bit surprised. But we have a good obstructed cabin which is lower in price overall, so we're good. It just seemed a little unclear.

...What I find waaay more interesting is the blurb that says "Offer cannot be used toward the purchase of specialty dining packages." First time I've heard that Princess must be contemplating some kind of specialty dining package. :)

Interesting observation! I have visions of a coffee card-like dining card with punches on it. We had those in the school cafeteria when I was a kid (lunch with milk was 65 cents) :).

Edited by Ryndam2002

What I find waaay more interesting is the blurb that says "Offer cannot be used toward the purchase of specialty dining packages." First time I've heard that Princess must be contemplating some kind of specialty dining package. :)

That is interesting. What might it be? Two Sabatini's for the price of one Crown Grill? :)

The images you attached seem to have two colors, inside, OV, balcony and mini-suite in black and then suite in red. My interpretation is the ones in red would get the perks and the others would not...

I believe you are correct. I've come across that before where the "Sale" (in red) only applies to the fares that are in red.

I believe you are correct. I've come across that before where the "Sale" (in red) only applies to the fares that are in red.

I too think you are both correct (although OP stated they could get the sale benefits if they paid more). I checked a few cruises and where it says the sale the cabin prices are in red. If sold out then that is in black. I checked a cruise for 2016. It is not on sale and prices are all in black.

Deceptive because non of the Sale Perks apply at the advertised price of $349!

I believe that in this case the SALE applies the those rates highlighted in RED. SUITES. That is the way I've read it each time. If it says SALE and a few of the rates are in RED those are the ones on SALE.

I believe that in this case the SALE applies the those rates highlighted in RED. SUITES. That is the way I've read it each time. If it says SALE and a few of the rates are in RED those are the ones on SALE.

Not according to Princess. They said all categories have the sale, but just not at the advertised prices. Nowhere can you find the prices that include the sale without calling them

That said, I will never believe a word Princess says until I get it in writing. Yesterday I enlisted the help of a TA to transfer my booking to her because on the phone with me present, she was told I would receive the substantial perks granted to her nationwide agency because they get a group incentive. Today when she got the paperwork there were no perks. She called them and was told all of their block had been sold so no perks. They had the same information yesterday. Princess needs to start honoring what their agents promise and deal with the agent if they state something in error.

I logged in and did a fake booking. The $349 is there, reserve only, forward only and no sale goodies. Still a pretty good price, even without the OBC, etc.

PS they moved the sale to Jan 18, the goodies and $399 for most of Jan and Feb.

I did a dummy booking too. Without the Captain's Circle numbers we get the $459 fare with the goodies for the cheapest inside on the RXX fare. With the Captain's Circle numbers put in, the cheapest inside is available for $349.00, but no goodies. That fare code is PLX.

I did a dummy booking too. Without the Captain's Circle numbers we get the $459 fare with the goodies for the cheapest inside on the RXX fare. With the Captain's Circle numbers put in, the cheapest inside is available for $349.00, but no goodies. That fare code is PLX.

That sounds like the "offers cannot be combined" fine print. It's why the Shareholder credit is almost impossible to obtain on Celebrity. I thought Princess was a little more lenient, but it's a race to the bottom line these days.

The key wording is "up to $1200". As long as there is at least one fare that receives the $1200 there is no fraud. A fare might get zero savngs, 1200 savings or some amount in between. Some might actually pay more. As long as at least one gets 1200 in value it is fine. If on they had said $1200 in savings and did not qualify it then it would be a problem, but because they said up to $1200, no problem.

Not according to Princess. They said all categories have the sale, but just not at the advertised prices. Nowhere can you find the prices that include the sale without calling them

That said, I will never believe a word Princess says until I get it in writing. Yesterday I enlisted the help of a TA to transfer my booking to her because on the phone with me present, she was told I would receive the substantial perks granted to her nationwide agency because they get a group incentive. Today when she got the paperwork there were no perks. She called them and was told all of their block had been sold so no perks. They had the same information yesterday. Princess needs to start honoring what their agents promise and deal with the agent if they state something in error.

TA's are independent contractors... if the TA promised something that they couldn't fulfill, that's their problem, not Princess'. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I enlisted the help of a TA to transfer my booking to her because on the phone with me present, she was told I would receive the substantial perks granted to her nationwide agency because they get a group incentive. Today when she got the paperwork there were no perks. She called them and was told all of their block had been sold so no perks. They had the same information yesterday. Princess needs to start honoring what their agents promise and deal with the agent if they state something in error.

You need to use a different TA.

My TA knows when the group they have set up for a sailing has been filled. I am told when I book/xfer either that there are no more group booking available for a cruise or that I will be part of the group and get the amenities.

Also, some fares are not eligible for group amenities, even if the booking is part of a group. (Princess confirmation says "bookings made under this promotion do not receive group amenities or apply toward the earnings of TCs.")

You need to use a different TA.

My TA knows when the group they have set up for a sailing has been filled. I am told when I book/xfer either that there are no more group booking available for a cruise or that I will be part of the group and get the amenities.

Also, some fares are not eligible for group amenities, even if the booking is part of a group. (Princess confirmation says "bookings made under this promotion do not receive group amenities or apply toward the earnings of TCs.")

Sorry, I have to disagree with putting this on the TA. The group is part of a respected nationwide association and she was told BY PRINCESS the amenities were included for this booking.

Sorry, I have to disagree with putting this on the TA. The group is part of a respected nationwide association and she was told BY PRINCESS the amenities were included for this booking.

My sorry. I thought it was a group put together by your TA.