Fort Lauderdale Hotel for Wine and Stuff

marluvs2go

Hi can anybody recommend a decent hotel just one nite within walking distance perhaps of a store to buy some wine, sodas and maybe some rum? prior to boarding. Would be nice to have transportation for Airport (Frt L.) and terminal as well...thanks so much

Don't base your hotel on shuttles. The airport is less than $15 to the port and the same to the port in the morning if you stay on 17th st or along the beach. Don't stay out at the airport where you limit shopping and restaurants.

Do what CruiserBruce says. TONS of info there.

Hyatt Place North is just behind Embassy Suites and runs less $ as well as having a shuttle from the airport. Popular with cruisers.

Edited by eandj

Hi can anybody recommend a decent hotel just one nite within walking distance perhaps of a store to buy some wine, sodas and maybe some rum? prior to boarding. Would be nice to have transportation for Airport (Frt L.) and terminal as well...thanks so much

The Sleep Inn Motel in Dania Beach is across the street from three restaurants, strip mall, and a Publix Grocery with alcoholic beverages. They also provide free airport and cruise port transportation. There is also a Walgreen's Pharmacy sharing the Motel parking lot. We have stayed there for all of our FLL departures.

FWIW the Publix has the most incredible fried chicken and big bags of fresh popcorn.

Edited by Crew News

ah thanks I am seeing everything but Hyatt North is it the one that says Convention Center? on 17th street thanks so much

Yes convention center. Sorry.

If you will be in the area more than just a night I wouldn't stay out in Dania. Just my opinion. Start your vacation AWAY from the generic airport area. Those are ok if you don't have time to take in the lovely city area.

BTW Go to valuetrips.com and see if you can book the Hyatt Place there on your date. You'll need to look at the list of blackouts, cuz they are so busy on peak weekends. But if you can, you'll get the best rate here. Good luck.

Edited by eandj

We booked Hamptom Inn at the Airport for about $145 a night includes breakfast and airport shuttle. How every I think there is a small fee for cruise port transport.

It is a across the street from Southland Shopping center.

McDonalds, Wendy's, Subway plus Dixie Winn and Dollar Tree , and Big Lots and a liquior store.

Good luck on your trip, not sure if any nice eaterys are close by but we can make it wthough Red lobster, or Ruth Crisp or any other fine dining spots.

Judy

Edited by Seawoff

I stayed at the hyatt place last time based on what posters said here. I was very disappointed. It seemed like so many things in my room were broken including the toilet. The free breakfast was disgusing. I bought a muffin, fruit and yougart from publix for the second day and it was much better then the crap they had. Much prefer the embassy suites. The total wine store around there is awesome.

Been very happy at the Embassy Suites. If you book early, it can be a lower price and then watch closer to your date, if it's not sold out the prices can drop big time.

In any case, it's convenient to the 17th street, Ross's, Total Wine, etc. along with great restaurants. It has a great pool area, a very decent breakfast and of course, the standard manager's reception.

The atrium is relaxing, the pool area has the noise blocked out with the trees and its always nice to see the fish in the pond as you cross the bridge.

the manager there is very good and very accommodating.

A great spot IMO and you don't have to pay as much as some think depending upon the time of year you are going and if you are willing to watch the rates.

Cheers! and no matter where you go, have a great time, you will be cruising.:D

We have stayed at the Embassy Suite many times both pre and post cruise.

Managers cocktail party from 5:30 - 7:30 and a full free breakfast in the morning.

Behind the Embassy Suites is the Harbor shops -- Total Wine is there as well as Publix (grocery store). There are lots of small shops. Remember that on Sundays, Total Wine and wine sold in Publix will not open until Noon.

There are lots of restaurants in the Harbor shops and surrounding area.

Another vote for Embassy Suites. We have stayed there many times and would not look elsewhere. In addition to Kazu's comments I would add that you can walk to the water taxi.

I can't speak to the parking question as we don't drive to the port.

If it were just a quick night I might stay near the airport but we go three days early and don't want to be in the boonies.

Do you have to pay for parking at the Embassy Suites? Can you leave your car there while you cruise?

Parking is $18 a day for self parking, or $21 for valet. Their lot isn't really big, so I don't know if the allow longer term parking.

In all honesty though, you would be very close to most of the parking / shuttle places and would save money by parking there.

big rooms, real glasses, nice bar and excellent breakfast incl. We get a rate that allows parking during the cruise and use the pay shuttle to the pier and they handle the luggage. Close to Total Wine and several good restaurants and a Publix.

We like Holiday Inn Express and Extended Stay America, both on 17th St. Both have shuttle from airport and to cruise terminal, both are close to shopping, both include breakfast, and are close enough to the bridge over the waterway to walk up and see the port.

big rooms, real glasses, nice bar and excellent breakfast incl. We get a rate that allows parking during the cruise and use the pay shuttle to the pier and they handle the luggage. Close to Total Wine and several good restaurants and a Publix.

Hey, I love the throw away plastic glasses. There have been many stories about how clean those real glasses are in hotel rooms. Yuk!

We always stay at the Hampton Inn-Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port for the very reasons you cite.

There's a Big Lots, liquor store, and grocery store in a strip mall about 40 yards from the hotel entrance. We always eat dinner at a wonderful Thai eatery, go buy wine and soda [and anything we forgot to pack], and settle into a comfortable room.

The hotel has a free airport shuttle and a free shuttle to the cruise port.

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hampton-inn-ft-lauderdale-airport-north-cruise-port-FLLANHX/index.html

Edited by OHCruiser
error

all the help and advice is appreciated, this will suit our needs perfectly as they have a small balcony and smoking rooms, my husband does not smoke but for smokers be aware that some of the hotels listed on this thread are smoke free the entire property. Please do not start a discussion on smoking guys. I am merely thanking you and letting others know what I found out. The rate in my opinion is good as well.