October 2016 Cruise "No Longer Available"

shedridt

Azamara is azamiserable at communication & I hope that someone will do something to compensate those who booked cruises in good faith & found that the cruise line cancelled them in favor of charters.

While Azamara is not effective at communication (your characterization is terrific!), I would not expect them to do much--if anything--to compensate disappointment relative to a cruise that has been cancelled more than 25 months prior to sailing date... As related airline and hotel reservations can't be made more than 11 or 12 months in advance, there can't be much to talk about--other than return of your deposit if that's your preference--in terms of economic disadvantage... I will add--and perhaps your experience will vary--that when Celebrity cancelled Silhouette's second sailing ever in favor of a charter (I'd booked it back to back with the inaugural repositioning from Hamburg to Rome) with far less lead time (but still more than a year), I got--and expected nothing more than--an apology and transfer of my deposit to an alternate cruise...

My guess is that this episode may well cause Azamara to reconsider the wisdom associated with having published their full 2016 deployment schedule so far in advance; very few cruise lines do... Celebrity--and I mention them only in that they are a sister line by way of comparison--will not introduce their deployment schedule for the period from (approximately) April/May 2016 through April/May 2017 until March/April 2015...

Hope that you find something--as good or better--to ease your disappointment... For what it's worth, that's exactly what happened to me--I got a far better itinerary at a substantally better price for equal cruise time--when Silhouette cancelled and I, in turn, cancelled the inaugural too...

Hope that you find something--as good or better--to ease your disappointment... For what it's worth, that's exactly what happened to me--I got a far better itinerary at a substantally better price for equal cruise time--when Silhouette cancelled and I, in turn, cancelled the inaugural too...

I too have booked a B2B in September that have been affected by the charter. The problem is that Azamara has only two ships and one of them is chartered. Unlike, Celebrity it doesn't leave a lot of options open for cruises if you want to sail in the September time period.

Has anyone heard from Azamara or their TA's regarding the rearranging of the cruises due to the charters? Pimental said they would be available in a couple of weeks and that was back on July 31.

Hi Terrier1,

On another thread, Azamara mentioned that we should be providing an update this week. Hope this helps !

Terrier1 and Others,

A deployment communication will be delivered to guests and/or their travel agents by Tuesday 26th August regarding the effected sailings of Sept - Nov 2016. The new itineraries will be live on our website by Wednesday 27th August.

Thank you, Azamara.

Terrier1 and Others,

A deployment communication will be delivered to guests and/or their travel agents by Tuesday 26th August regarding the effected sailings of Sept - Nov 2016. The new itineraries will be live on our website by Wednesday 27th August.

Thank you, Azamara.

looks ;l ike my august sailings are still good. yea!:)

AzamaraJoel: I haven't seen the revised 2016 itineraries posted on Azamara's website. You mentioned they would be live today. Any info? Thanks!

They were there yesterday. Nothing in the Med - there's a TA from London to Montreal and some Caribbean itineraries. Gutted that the took away the best med itinerary in years for that :eek:

They were there yesterday. Nothing in the Med - there's a TA from London to Montreal and some Caribbean itineraries. Gutted that the took away the best med itinerary in years for that :eek:

Agreed. The charter takes place in North America so they need to reposition the ship. I have cancelled my B2B for September.

Hello All,

The new voyages for Sept - Nov 2016 are now open for sale, below is a link to the website for more detail. The new voyages created are valid for the current BOGOHO 50% off 2nd guest campaign.

There are some interesting programs, including a TA from Southampton to Montreal, as well as many options from south florida to the Caribbean, Central America and Panama Canal.

2016 Quest Voyages -

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/destinations/2016-voyages/azamara-quest

Thank You, Azamara.

Really disappointed in these new itineraries. After taking a number of cruises each year since 2010 on Azamara due to the 2015 charter and now the 2016 one there is very little that appeals to us once we have taken our upcoming two cruises on Azamara this Autumn. Had we not already done land tours in Australia and New Zealand those itineraries would have been attractive. We are both saddened by this as we love the on board experience and given the right itineraries would prefer to sail Azamara.

We would love to do more than the two ports in Japan offered by Azamara in 2015 and 16. Chartering seems to be gaining in popularity as a cruise we wanted to do on Millenium on 11th October to Japan has just pulled by Celebrity as the ship has been chartered for that and the previous voyage.

Hello All,

The new voyages for Sept - Nov 2016 are now open for sale, below is a link to the website for more detail. The new voyages created are valid for the current BOGOHO 50% off 2nd guest campaign.

There are some interesting programs, including a TA from Southampton to Montreal, as well as many options from south florida to the Caribbean, Central America and Panama Canal.

2016 Quest Voyages -

Thank You, Azamara.

Joel, are all the voyages eligible for the promo up-to-date, as in, if we look at a Quest 2016 sailing and there's no notation of the BOGOHO, then it's not part of the sale?

Edited by dln929

Sometimes things just work out.

For us, the new itineraries worked out well. Our original plans had been the North Cape Aug 11 cruise b2b with the repo on Aug 26 to Barcelona. We were not eager to fly to Europe for a 2-week cruise. Now there is a nice cruise after the North Cape to Southampton and a TA back to Montreal.

Having to get the ship back to North America for the charter certainly threw the initial schedule for a loop. I haven't looked beyond our cruises (we're on Century now and I don't plan to use my minutes for idle research), but it's obvious, that reworking the schedule was a challenge.

Sometimes things just work out.

For us, the new itineraries worked out well. Our original plans had been the North Cape Aug 11 cruise b2b with the repo on Aug 26 to Barcelona. We were not eager to fly to Europe for a 2-week cruise. Now there is a nice cruise after the North Cape to Southampton and a TA back to Montreal.

Having to get the ship back to North America for the charter certainly threw the initial schedule for a loop. I haven't looked beyond our cruises (we're on Century now and I don't plan to use my minutes for idle research), but it's obvious, that reworking the schedule was a challenge.

If I read this right that you plan to do all 3 of these cruises, we'll see you on the first one. I agree that it would be great to avoid one of the flights, but 7 1/2 weeks is way more than DW would consider for a trip!

Six Caribbean cruises on the bounce (if you count the one from New Orleans). Host Andy might be happy:cool:

Phil

Well Phil, he might be happy if any of them were part of the promotion but it seems like they are not. :(

All of the new sailings for Sept 2016 - Dec 2016 are valid for the current BOGOHO 50% off 2nd guest.

If any of you are having trouble booking these voyages, please let me know the details so we can work to resolved them. Contact your travel agent or contact us directly.

This offer section of the website is being updated as we speak, which is the page to include the new sailings. We apologize for the delay in updating this page. The new sailings are showing on the voyages page.

offers page -

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/second-guest-half-off

voyages page -

Thank you, Azamara

If I read this right that you plan to do all 3 of these cruises, we'll see you on the first one. I agree that it would be great to avoid one of the flights, but 7 1/2 weeks is way more than DW would consider for a trip!

Yes, we are on all three. We may be in a minority, but it worked out well for us. I look forward to meeting you.

Six Caribbean cruises on the bounce (if you count the one from New Orleans). Host Andy might be happy:cool:

Phil

Phil,

Garry and I would really love for you to join us on at least one of these. I think you just did the North Cape, but it is probably worth a repeat. :D

The new itineraries worked out well for us.

I just booked our first Azamara cruise on the 11/11/2016 Caribbean sailing.

The 10 night length, interesting itinerary with some islands we haven't been to before, and what seems to be a good price with the BOGOHO promotion sold me.

We're excited!

All of the new sailings for Sept 2016 - Dec 2016 are valid for the current BOGOHO 50% off 2nd guest.

If any of you are having trouble booking these voyages, please let me know the details so we can work to resolved them. Contact your travel agent or contact us directly.

This offer section of the website is being updated as we speak, which is the page to include the new sailings. We apologize for the delay in updating this page. The new sailings are showing on the voyages page.

offers page -

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/second-guest-half-off

voyages page -

Thank you, Azamara

Joel - do the 2016 sailings also qualify for the $500 OBC? I booked and received the BOGOHO, but that was before the additional perk of OBC was added.

Thanks in advance. :)

Hello High C's,

The new 2016 sailings from Sept - Dec are valid for the BOGOHO 50% off 2nd guest, but not for the current AzAmazing Sale $500 Obc. The current AzAmazing Obc offer is valid for Jan - March 2015 Asia voyages + the BOGOHO, a very good deal if anyone is looking at traveling with us to Asia in early 2015.

Thank you, AZ.

The new itineraries worked out well for us.

I just booked our first Azamara cruise on the 11/11/2016 Caribbean sailing.

The 10 night length, interesting itinerary with some islands we haven't been to before, and what seems to be a good price with the BOGOHO promotion sold me.

We're excited!

Enjoy your first cruise with Azamara! So glad the revised itineraries are working for lots of folks. But in case anyone at Azamara is listening, the Jewels of Western Europe on Aug. 26, 2016, had me drooling. Beginning in Amsterdam, with overnights in Honfleur, Lisbon, Valencia and Barcelona. It was just the perfect cruise for a couple who can't always agree on itinerary. We'll find something else for 2016 and look forward to 2017!

• 2 months later...