is there a long taxi wait after cruise in Miami?

gloreuscruising

Carnival won't sell me transfers at end of cruise because my flight is 5 minutes earlier then recommended. I am nervous about waiting for a taxi as I do have an 11:30 am flight to catch. I have also heard from a few friends that the taxi wait can be a couple of hours. Can anyone offer a shuttle service that is reliable? We are traveling in August so we have some time. Thank you very much.

I seriously doubt you will wait "a couple of hours" for a taxi. Never had a problem getting a taxi within a matter of minutes at Port Everglades. You are going to want to be off the ship as fast as possible- with that not recommended early flight, so you will get a cab pretty easily.

Carnival won't sell me transfers at end of cruise because my flight is 5 minutes earlier then recommended. I am nervous about waiting for a taxi as I do have an 11:30 am flight to catch. I have also heard from a few friends that the taxi wait can be a couple of hours. Can anyone offer a shuttle service that is reliable? We are traveling in August so we have some time. Thank you very much.

I have taken probably 18 cruises out of Miami (and returning there as well) and the longest I have ever waited for a cab is about 10 minutes. There always seems to be an abundance of cabs there right outside the area where you pick up your luggage. I can't imagine a 2 hour wait; never heard of such a thing.

I have often booked a 11:00-11:30 flight and made it with no problem providing of course that the ship lets passengers debark early.

I've never waited more than a few minutes for a taxi at either Port of Miami or Port Everglades. Are you sailing and flying out of Miami? No problem. I've made several flights about 11:30 in Miami after a cruise.

I had no wait for a taxi at POM, but regarding using Carnival Transfers, I had one sailing where my flight was 15 minutes earlier than their cutoff so I couldn't book it on line. Once I was on the ship I booked it at the excursions desk no questions asked. I waited till mid way through the cruise when I came back early on a port day so I had no line there to deal with.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I did plan on making arrangements for a quick disembarkation and now feel much better about knowing the taxi problem I was told about really is not a problem. Great cruising all!!

By the way the ship transfers are not all that great anyway. You get on a bus and have to sit there and wait til the bus fills up before it leaves for the airport. You are better off getting a cab.

Fixed fare of $24.00 for a taxi before tip.

Keith

I don't know if this is the norm but in Nov 2010 when we took a cab out of POM, the cab driver made us pay the additional $1-$2 (can't remember which) to leave the port. I guess there is a port fee that needed to be paid. I would have a few $1 on you just in case.

While we were in no hurry to leave the ship after our November, 2010 cruise, my DH and I were amazed at the sea of "yellow cabs" filling the parking lot to pick up travellers after their cruise. It was a continuous sea of "yellow". There had to be approximately 10 lines of taxi cabs, 10 in length or more, as soon as one line disappeared another line would form. All in all, I would have to say there were continually 100 cabs in that lot until the ship was empty. It was kind of lile a "bee swarming". You will have NO PROBLEMS!!:D

Edited by Ontario cruise duo

• 5 years later...