Freedom of the upsell

Well as reported it's true the upselling is in full force. Twice at lunch while sitting to eat we were approached to book special dining. They also mentioned it after the muster drill.

Too bad in for the first time in 30 cruises we are missing one of our bags.

Since it's the bag with dress clothes no restaurants for us. 😩

The real problem is going to be not having access to the CL or DL for the week. (Oh and yes the missing clothes)

Well as reported it's true the upselling is in full force. Twice at lunch while sitting to eat we were approached to book special dining. They also mentioned it after the muster drill.

The real problem is going to be not having access to the CL or DL for the week. (Oh and yes the missing clothes)

Why won't you have access to CL or DL? So you aren't in a suite or Diamond and above?

I hope your bag shows up.

It's the ship. We got 2 out of 3 and they were all together on the dock. Already asked guest relations but they don't care until after 7pm when they say all "should" be delivered.

You aren't even out the port yet! You know it does take time. I have had bags given to the porters together and arrived hours apart. It is possible the tag has come off or they want to check the contents with you. There are so many different possibilities. I can well understand your concern but I am sure it will be fine.

Way to early to give up hope for the week! We have gotten a bag late before. Just because they were together when you checked them at the port doesn't mean anything. Next time you board, look into the area where the freight elevator is on your deck. We have seen a mountain of bags in that area before.

It's the ship. We got 2 out of 3 and they were all together on the dock. Already asked guest relations but they don't care until after 7pm when they say all "should" be delivered.

More drama, you don't really know that's it's missing. More than likely a tag pulled off, take a pic of your luggage? 30 and what have you learned about luggage delivery

Did you have anything that looked like a travel iron in your case as it will be with security on deck 2.

We had an umbrella in our case so we had to open case and show them what it was.

Hope you get it soon as it stresses us until the cases appear . Hope your cruise is great.

love sailing with RCCL

I think I would get nasty if the were to interrupt my meal twice to sell anything...:mad:

Wow... not the proper clothing for what venue? I never take anything but a few tops, nicer jeans, sandals, and sneakers. Don't give a single thought about where we go to eat or drink... and have never had an issue, even on formal night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had "lost" one bag on LB in Sept. last year. Guest services gave us a small emergency bag of deoderant, tooth brushes, etc. on the first evening. The next day they told us we would receive $150 OBC soon and that we could go ahead and charge to our card, prior to even seeing the actual OBC. They couldn't have been nicer. However, they kept saying the bag was on board and would show up. Sure enough, on day 2 about 5 PM, our steward brought us the "lost" bag. It was in someone else's cabin. It was still with its luggage tag clearly showing our cabin number and name. The culprits had had the "Do not disturb" sign on their door since arrival. So their steward had not been able to enter their cabin previously. Duh! Apparently this happens on a regular basis. We spent the generous OBC and enjoyed the rest of the cruise. Just be sure to follow up with guest services if you do not receive your luggage by 8 or 9 PM.

Back in the semi-old days, when Sovereign of the Seas was brand new and was the largest cruise afloat, It wasn't uncommon not to receive any bags before first dinner service. I learned long ago to pack "dinner clothes" for the first night in my carry on bag.

I still have this habit, even those bags have been coming more quickly over the last decade or so.

Since it's the bag with dress clothes no restaurants for us. [emoji30]

You can wear what ever you want in the lounges. I'm always in there with shorts and t shirts. They never say a word. And I don't care what other people think.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year my husband wore shorts to our first dinner because we didn't get our luggage before early seating. For the first time in more than 15 cruises, our luggag was really late. We had put swim suits in our backpacks. Normally, he would always wear dress pants. No one said a word to him and he (and our boys) were dressed up the rest of the cruise. My daughter and I had worn skirts for boarding.

Has anyone tried countering the hard sell with haggling? :) I might try that next time...maybe I can get into Chops for half-price ;)

Yes, I do this all the time. I have gotten them down to a 20% discount occasionally. I think the haggling does shorten the selling event.

Has anyone tried countering the hard sell with haggling? :) I might try that next time...maybe I can get into Chops for half-price ;)

One might also try adopting resting bitchface...that might work, too :)

I feel like it may be one of the few times when breaking out a foreign language and claiming you don't understand might not work :')

Or 'I have to check with my husband/wife'.

Luckily since we are British, people tend to assume we are too cheap to spend any extra $$$.

Yes, I do this all the time. I have gotten them down to a 20% discount occasionally. I think the haggling does shorten the selling event.

Might just say I'm not doing anything unless it's half price then hopefully they will leave me alone

I feel like it may be one of the few times when breaking out a foreign language and claiming you don't understand might not work :')

Or 'I have to check with my husband/wife'.

Luckily since we are British, people tend to assume we are too cheap to spend any extra $$$.

That last part 🙌🏼🙌🏼😂

We had "lost" one bag on LB in Sept. last year. Guest services gave us a small emergency bag of deoderant, tooth brushes, etc. on the first evening. The next day they told us we would receive $150 OBC soon and that we could go ahead and charge to our card, prior to even seeing the actual OBC. They couldn't have been nicer. However, they kept saying the bag was on board and would show up. Sure enough, on day 2 about 5 PM, our steward brought us the "lost" bag. It was in someone else's cabin. It was still with its luggage tag clearly showing our cabin number and name. The culprits had had the "Do not disturb" sign on their door since arrival. So their steward had not been able to enter their cabin previously. Duh! Apparently this happens on a regular basis. We spent the generous OBC and enjoyed the rest of the cruise. Just be sure to follow up with guest services if you do not receive your luggage by 8 or 9 PM.

When we were upgraded to JS at the check in our cases had our midship balcony number on it.

By 6 pm after much searching we thought let's go to our original cabin and yes our 2 cases were there and the people said they never thought to tell cabin steward.Yeah thanks!!

love sailing with RCCL

On Vision in February they came around the pool and offered 20% for Chops grill On the fifth day in Windjammer they offered 30% and 2 free drinks.We took up both offers and we never thought to haggle.Next time i will haggle and get an even better price.

On both nights Chops was still only 75% full.

love sailing with RCCL