Concierge Lounge gone from Oasis

djjoe

Looking at the deck plans for the Oasis, I saw a Diamond Lounge where the concierge lounge was located on deck 11. So do I have this correct that the very nice lounge open to D+, Pinnacle and suites is now gone? Replaced by a lounge open to D, D+ and P? I guess the breakfast and nice lunch including wine and beer is also gone. Has anyone experienced this change recently?

Edited by djjoe

Looking at the deck plans for the Oasis, I saw a Diamond Lounge where the concierge lounge was located on deck 11. So do I have this correct that the very nice lounge open to D+, Pinnacle and suites is now gone? Replaced by a lounge open to D, D+ and P? I guess the breakfast and nice lunch including wine and beer is also gone. Has anyone experienced this change recently?

As far as I know that is correct. The Suite Lounge on 17 is open to Pinnacles as well as suite guests, but the lounge on 11 is the only one for Diamond and D+ C&A members.

Correct, the DL is now where the old Concierge Lounge was. No more made to order breakfast and lunch. Suite and Pinnacle guests have access to a new suites lounge up in Viking Crown.

But, is it going to stay that way???

And is the same going to happen to the Allure? (my guess would be yes)

I think eventually it's going to happen fleet wide. Oasis and Allure are just the lidocaine injection to numb the patient before they do the major surgery on all the lounges;)

Edited by orville99

But, is it going to stay that way???

And is the same going to happen to the Allure? (my guess would be yes)

No way to answer that. Stay tuned for the post allure dry dock. I hope the ck/sl is added

There are around 18 bars on O/A some contained in lounges with very nice seating. On a 7 day you could use your coupons in a different place each day and still not visit all

I thought the conceirge lounge on Oasis was always going to be gone. Wasn't it supposed to be where Wonderland was going to be? Then for whatever reason they moved the DL and put Wonderland on hold (or killed it, not sure which).

As far as I know that is correct. The Suite Lounge on 17 is open to Pinnacles as well as suite guests, but the lounge on 11 is the only one for Diamond and D+ C&A members.

Figures. As we close in of Diamond Plus.................. Still, I am appreciative of the benefits of Diamond and Diamond Plus vs nothing extra. Not sure we really use most of benefits either. Do use Diamond Club evening drink benefit.

Edited by shipshape sam

Cannot imagine D moving in with D+ fleet wide. There's a more logical and likely solution in my opinion, but I'm not going to speculate.

I can just picture the D nomads now...wandering the ships, coupon cards in hand...;)

Edited by orville99

I was D on my Oasis cruise, that was my first Diamond Club, I enjoyed it, didn't miss the Concierge Lounge (having turned D shortly after they were no longer allowed in)...

Now I am finally D+... and the nice Diamond Club formerly on deck 6 is no more (turned into interior cabins?!?), and D and D+ are now all in the Concierge Lounge... and my favorite spot on the Oasis (indeed, all RCI ships), the VCL, is now for suites only?!?

Gee, I wish I had time to hop on the Allure before it gets these fabulous "upgrades" (please hear my cynical tone).

(Please note, I do not drink alcohol, so the 3-drinks-on-my-card perk is meaningless to me, saves me a few dollars worth of soda which I rarely drink anyway, and I learned the hard way those free drinks do not include the tip... I enjoy the lounges to socialize with my highly-cruised friends and meet other people who love cruising often... the cappuccino machine in the Diamond Club was my best buddy!... and I did enjoy the continental breakfast...)

What is the advantage to being D+ if you are no longer allowed in the concierge (suite lounge)? I usually travel in a suite and like the concierge lounge. I am diamond now but was looking forward to becoming D+ and retaining the ability to use the suite lounges even if I booked a junior suite.

What is the advantage to being D+ if you are no longer allowed in the concierge (suite lounge)? I usually travel in a suite and like the concierge lounge. I am diamond now but was looking forward to becoming D+ and retaining the ability to use the suite lounges even if I booked a junior suite.

There will no advantage if the loyalty program changes on all of the ships. It is only on Oasis (and Allure, probably after drydock) for now. It is their loyalty program and RC can change it as they wish.

I'm a D+ who usually books JS (because I prefer them) and am wondering the same :(

Ok, so I'm officially confused. What happened to the new, and very nice, Diamond Lounge that was constructed on Deck 4 port side during the drydock?

Closed. From what I´ve read on here it will be turned back into dining room space. Someone said that there were a couple of steps which made it not handicapped accessible. But both statements are just what was written on here. Fact is that the Diamond Club on deck 4 is closed.

steamboats

Extra $25 balcony discount, better coupons, free behind the scenes tours, priority dining room preference, personalized amenity, priority seating in theater.