Regal Questions

jcfamily

Hello,

I've never cruised on a Princess ship before. I usually travel NCL which has a 24-hour restaurant (love those chicken wings) which we used quite a bit. I heard that the Regal has a restaurant that is similar to this? Does anyone have a link to the menu for this 24-hour restaurant?

thanks

Hello,

I've never cruised on a Princess ship before. I usually travel NCL which has a 24-hour restaurant (love those chicken wings) which we used quite a bit. I heard that the Regal has a restaurant that is similar to this? Does anyone have a link to the menu for this 24-hour restaurant?

thanks

The Regal has The International Cafe, no charge, which is open 24/7. It isn't a sit down restaurant, it's counter served, you walk up place your order and carry it to your table in the Piazza area. In the morning they have Continental Breakfast items like doughnuts, danish, an egg Mc Muffin style sandwich and some other items. From around 11am until 11pm they have salads, paninis, pot pies, quiche, soup, assortment of desserts. Overnight they have snacks like cheese, grapes, dried fruit. You can also get some of the items mentioned above by request. The International Cafe is adjacent to the espresso bar. Like espresso drinks, consider the coffee card, around $35 for 15 espresso drinks or gelato.

There is also a very large and extensive buffet area broken into sections. The area is open from around 5/6am until 11pm/midnight. The buffet never closes during that time. All or some sections will be open.

Don't forget to try Alfredo's, no charge. It is a sit down waiter served restaurant serving individual pizzas, calzone, antipasto, salads some desserts. Open every day 11am to 11pm.

You can also order room service 24/7. There is no charge, but most passengers do tip the delivery waiter.

There will also be a Pub Lunch, no charge, on some sea days in the Crown Grill. Watch the Princess Patter for days.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe room service is 24/7 and very good. It's no charge but I do tip $2-3 per order. They do have a standard menu but might do special requests, if asked nicely, provided they have the stuff to make it.

framer

Any recent Room service menus? I've googled but couldn't find anything recent for the Regal.

Any recent Room service menus? I've googled but couldn't find anything recent for the Regal.

Room service menus are the same across rhe fleet, and haven't changed in years. A Google search of Princess Room Service menus will bring up lots of pictures of the menus. Still the same..

I believe room service is 24/7 and very good. It's no charge but I do tip $2-3 per order. They do have a standard menu but might do special requests, if asked nicely, provided they have the stuff to make it.

framer

Room service is included in your fare so no extra charge - except pizza. Pizza through room service is $3, essentially for rhe box it's delivered in. Otherwise, no charge.

that looks like a pretty good menu for free. are the fridges enough for leftovers? i know on NCL it was hard to keep stuff because of the small fridge layout

They're the small "dorm style" fridge.

If you're going to store leftovers, you'll need to take the soda & water (available at a $$ charge) out of the fridge and store it on a shelf. Bring shower caps, plastic wrap or similar to cover. Dinner plates won't fit, bowls will.

geocruiser - thank you for posting the pictures, lots of appealing items!

Do you have to purchase a specialty beverage to get the food at no charge, or can you just get food without the drink?

Are these items only available at IC, or are they also at the buffet?

Edited by pacruise804
additional question

They're the small "dorm style" fridge.

If you're going to store leftovers, you'll need to take the soda & water (available at a $$ charge) out of the fridge and store it on a shelf. Bring shower caps, plastic wrap or similar to cover. Dinner plates won't fit, bowls will.

NCL stewards will empty the fridges at the beginning of the week. will princess do this also?

geocruiser - thank you for posting the pictures, lots of appealing items!

Do you have to purchase a specialty beverage to get the food at no charge, or can you just get food without the drink?

Are these items only available at IC, or are they also at the buffet?

Food is free. No need to but anything. Also the buffet is open to about 11PM on Regal.Go to the back part of the buffet for a full meal. The part that is mid ship has good food to, but the bulk is aft.

oh, I didn't know I could use the coffee card for gelato. We don't care for coffee, especially, fancy coffee, but hubby and kid spent a lot of $$ on gelato on our Regal cruise last time.

Princess website:

New Grounds Coffee Card $35.65 per punch card (15 beverages)

Save 20% with our New Grounds Coffee Card that includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise.

it doesn't say anything about gelato...

and what does "along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise." mean? I thought the premium teas at the espresso bar were counted as specialty drinks against the 15 beverage count.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy