Upgrade to Aqua Class is it worth it??

HEINER

We are now in concierge cabin C2 #9298 on the bump out.

We can upgrade to Aqua and save $1,400.00 we would get Blu and Persian Gardens.

Is Blu worth it? If so is it better than the MDR?

Locations of cabins are not as good as we now have on the bump with a little larger balcony.

Aqua cabins available #1642 #1644 has anyone stayed in these cabins? Or what is your favorite Aqua cabin?

We have sailed many time with Princess this is the first time on Celebrity so we need some help!

Thanks for any information you can give us.

Locations of cabins are not as good as we now have on the bump with a little larger balcony.

Aqua cabins available #1642 #1644 has anyone stayed in these cabins? Or what is your favorite Aqua cabin?

We have sailed many time with Princess this is the first time on Celebrity so we need some help!

And save $ 1,400.00 :eek:

DO IT!

We preferred our regular balcony on the bump as we like to use the speciality restaurants in preference to Blu, but to be honest a saving like that it's no contest. Jump at it you can dine wherever you like once on the ship. The aqua cabin shower is amazing too .. Not sure if it's the same in a concierge grade.

A Sixth said it - do it!

Seriously though Blu is a speciality restaurant where all the waiters and sub- waiters will get to know you,, greet you by name morning and evening, and generally delight in serving you. The food is SO much better than the MDR with attention to detail exacting. Then there is Persian Garden where you can relax in quiet surroundings on heated ergonomic tiled beds, enjoy the steam room, sauna and shower too.

Little perks like better soaps, shampoos etc in your cabin, extra fluffy towels and bathrobes too. Also slippers - great for the Persian Garden. Oh and of course those wonderful showers with jets coming out of the wall as well. Great stewards and the choice of little snacks late afternoon in your cabin, fresh chilled tea every day brought to your room, bottles of complimentary bottles of water - GO ENJOY!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is Blu worth it?

Yes, without a doubt Blu is worth paing $1400 less for than the main dining room. I've loved all of the Aqua Class rooms I've been in, even though I've only had one of the angled hump cabins with the enormous balcony one time.

Your possible cabin locations get good reviews on the S-Class Cabin review spreadsheet.

Edited by thebutlerdidit

A Sixth said it - do it!

Seriously though Blu is a speciality restaurant where all the waiters and sub- waiters will get to know you,, greet you by name morning and evening, and generally delight in serving you. The food is SO much better than the MDR with attention to detail exacting. Then there is Persian Garden where you can relax in quiet surroundings on heated ergonomic tiled beds, enjoy the steam room, sauna and shower too.

Little perks like better soaps, shampoos etc in your cabin, extra fluffy towels and bathrobes too. Also slippers - great for the Persian Garden. Oh and of course those wonderful showers with jets coming out of the wall as well. Great stewards and the choice of little snacks late afternoon in your cabin, fresh chilled tea every day brought to your room, bottles of complimentary bottles of water - GO ENJOY!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everything said above is true dat!!

Great deal....save money AND enjoy the AQ perks, including BLU, PG, spa relaxation rm etc...

go for it! Giving up the hump balc is hard but not for what you will get in return......unless you dislike BLU...

DO IT! And report back so we can all rest calmly knowing you're saving $1,400 and in Aqua!

I think you'll love BLU. We definitely did. We loved the quiet atmosphere, the better food but more importantly getting to know everyone in BLU. I'm a creature of habit in what I drink, how I like food prepared, etc. so having the same exact attentive staff every night is always a treat. You'll love it! And as others have said, even if you don't want to be in BLU, with how much you are saving you can eat in specialty every night!

Cheers and Happy Sailing!

Saving $1400. This cannot be a serious question

I think it's quite a serious question and one I might be asking too. To go from a C2 to an A2 (which is supposed to be a higher category), at a price drop of $700 per person, would leave me asking the question "is there a catch here that I don't know about?"

This is the OP's first Celebrity cruise, so I think coming here and asking the question is a good move on her part.

This is a fairly unusual situation for a cruise that is 10 months out (I believe).

I called Celebrity, thinking there might be an issue with losing perks from her initial reservation, but the Celebrity agent said that no, the OP would retain her perks. The promotion is apparently called FREE UPGRADE+, but I haven't seen this one advertised yet (probably because I haven't been looking :)).

For me the ultimate decision would $$ vrs $$ and location vrs location! Not all of the Aqua class staterooms are in locations that I would like. Many are under the pool deck with the possibility of deck chairs being moved around in the late evening or early morning.

We did it!!

We went from Concierge C2 to Aqua A2 and did save 1,400.00 total. We are now booked in cabin 1637 it's over the Sky Suites.

I want to thanks everyone for all the information you gave us being new to Celebrity this was very helpful..

I think it's quite a serious question and one I might be asking too. To go from a C2 to an A2 (which is supposed to be a higher category), at a price drop of $700 per person, would leave me asking the question "is there a catch here that I don't know about?"

This is the OP's first Celebrity cruise, so I think coming here and asking the question is a good move on her part.

This is a fairly unusual situation for a cruise that is 10 months out (I believe).

I called Celebrity, thinking there might be an issue with losing perks from her initial reservation, but the Celebrity agent said that no, the OP would retain her perks. The promotion is apparently called FREE UPGRADE+, but I haven't seen this one advertised yet (probably because I haven't been looking :)).

It was an email from Celebrity this morning.

Interesting to read everyone's comments. We're in a Concierge Class C1 and can save $100 by moving to an Aqua Class A2. Just not sure if I'll like the menu in Blu since I'm a picky eater. Does anyone have a link to the Blu menus?

Again

DO IT! :p

If you don't like Blu eat in the mdr. That is not a problem

The same size cabin, with more options, less out of pocket $$, right?

Hope you haven't waited too long to BOOK IT, and it's gone.

We did it!!

We went from Concierge C2 to Aqua A2 and did save 1,400.00 total. We are now booked in cabin 1637 it's over the Sky Suites.

I want to thanks everyone for all the information you gave us being new to Celebrity this was very helpful..

I posted before reading all the post.

Great move!

Interesting to read everyone's comments. We're in a Concierge Class C1 and can save $100 by moving to an Aqua Class A2. Just not sure if I'll like the menu in Blu since I'm a picky eater. Does anyone have a link to the Blu menus?

If you're a picky eater, the MDR is probably the last place you would want to eat. I'm picky, too, and because of that I have never eaten anywhere besides Blu, Luminae and the speciality restaurants. They will prepare your food exactly to your specifications. The only time I have been in the MDR during all my Celebrity cruises was during a lifeboat drill lol

Michael

We recently sailed on Equinox, Blu made it for us, and by the way, they will give you the menu from the mdr to choose from if you dont facy anything from the menu, i even got them to cook me something that wasnt on either menu. The staff in Blu were fantastic to the point where after a couple of days they knew our preferred wine and served it up as we sat down, we were in Aqua class cabin 1582, never heard any noise from above, we found the mdr to be very "rushed" whereas some nights we sat for a couple of hours in Blu talking to fellow passengers, and as someone previous said, the shower in A class rooms is out of this world.

Upgrade and enjoy.

PS not sure if you are a drinker but the premium beverage package although seems expensive works out to be great value for money.

Regards

Paul

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

We always go Aqua Class, even though we've always paid more than a Concierge cabin. You are so lucky to get that deal. We love havinng so many perks without having to pay the exhorbitant price of a suite. Blu is wonderful...great food, service and ambiance in a peaceful setting. Enjoy!