Reaching two tiers in one cruise

My husband and I are travelling on the Transpacific cruise from Sydney to Australia next April. As we are staying in a suite, and it is a 24-night cruise, we will be accruing 48 cruise points in a single cruise. We will be right on the edge of Platinum (but not quite Emerald) after our next cruise (TA in October) so we will go from Platinum to Diamond at the end of the TP.

I'm just wondering -- will there be any recognition for us about the Emerald tier? I know we wouldn't get any Diamond benefits onboard (and honestly that's okay because having a suite is better than most of the benefits anyway!) but I'm just wondering if they do any sort of recognition for people who achieve two tiers in one go?

It doesn't really matter, but I am curious! The Emerald tier is more a sandwich tier anyway, not many benefits going, but as it's going to be a long time before we get to another tier I am interested in making the most of these tier advancements! Thanks all!

The standard rule is that you don't earn points until the end of the cruise, so I would not expect anything. However, each Loyalty Ambassador is different, so you never know what might happen, especially since your cruise is unusual for Royal.

My husband and I are travelling on the Transpacific cruise from Sydney to Australia next April. As we are staying in a suite, and it is a 24-night cruise, we will be accruing 48 cruise points in a single cruise. We will be right on the edge of Platinum (but not quite Emerald) after our next cruise (TA in October) so we will go from Platinum to Diamond at the end of the TP.

I'm just wondering -- will there be any recognition for us about the Emerald tier? I know we wouldn't get any Diamond benefits onboard (and honestly that's okay because having a suite is better than most of the benefits anyway!) but I'm just wondering if they do any sort of recognition for people who achieve two tiers in one go?

It doesn't really matter, but I am curious! The Emerald tier is more a sandwich tier anyway, not many benefits going, but as it's going to be a long time before we get to another tier I am interested in making the most of these tier advancements! Thanks all!

You will not receive your points until you complete your cruise.

I would seek out the loyalty ambassador and let them know. Other than that your suite perks far outweigh Diamond Perks. You will receive your pins in the mail after the cruise ends.

My husband and I are travelling on the Transpacific cruise from Sydney to Australia next April. As we are staying in a suite, and it is a 24-night cruise,

But on an interesting note- it's 24 days to go from Sydney to Australia? :D

I can walk that....:eek:

:)

I noticed that too. It's a fun typo.

I'm with the group that says it doesn't hurt to ask the loyalty person on board. The worst they can do is say no, but you'll never know if they might say yes if you don't ask.

I think sailing in a suite affords you lots of perks as well (like Concierge Lounge) so even if you don't make Diamond officially, you'll get lots of VIP treatment.

Tom

But on an interesting note- it's 24 days to go from Sydney to Australia? :D

I can walk that....:eek:

:)

Apologies -- in my haste I said Sydney to Australia. Whoops! I did mean Sydney to Seattle!

Thanks everyone. I do know that you don't officially reach the next stage until after your cruise ends; however, considering I am 'skipping' a stage, I was wondering if anyone actually had experience in this. Sounds like just one other person has done similar!

I do agree that the suite benefits far outweigh the Diamond perks so we're not worried about getting DIAMOND recognition, I was just curious about the Emerald bit.

We reached Platinum last year but we never received anything for it on the cruise, and still haven't received anything for it in the post or anything. How are these things usually handled?

Apologies -- in my haste I said Sydney to Australia. Whoops! I did mean Sydney to Seattle!

Thanks everyone. I do know that you don't officially reach the next stage until after your cruise ends; however, considering I am 'skipping' a stage, I was wondering if anyone actually had experience in this. Sounds like just one other person has done similar!

I do agree that the suite benefits far outweigh the Diamond perks so we're not worried about getting DIAMOND recognition, I was just curious about the Emerald bit.

We reached Platinum last year but we never received anything for it on the cruise, and still haven't received anything for it in the post or anything. How are these things usually handled?

Go to the C&A desk while on the ship and let them know that you never got your platinum pins. They should give them to you.

I received my Platinum pins on my first cruise as a Platinum Member...They were not mailed.

Wow. I achieved Diamond status after my last cruise on the Allure last December 2014. I never received any pins. And on my next Harmony cruise I'll be sailing with a small group (so far 6 cabins that I organized with the Group Desk in my name), and I'll be staying in a Grand suite as a solo passenger. No pins. No nothing. I guess I need to be more vocal. Will be on the phone with RCCI on Monday. :)

Wow. I achieved Diamond status after my last cruise on the Allure last December 2014. I never received any pins. And on my next Harmony cruise I'll be sailing with a small group (so far 6 cabins that I organized with the Group Desk in my name), and I'll be staying in a Grand suite as a solo passenger. No pins. No nothing. I guess I need to be more vocal. Will be on the phone with RCCI on Monday. :)

Have you cruised since the December cruise? If you became Diamond at the end of that cruise, you should receive your pin in your cabin on your next cruise. Enjoy your Harmony cruise. I'm looking forward to sailing on it next year[emoji572]️

Go to the C&A desk while on the ship and let them know that you never got your platinum pins. They should give them to you.

Also a good way to "break the ice" and mention that after this cruise you'll be Diamond, so you'll miss out on getting your Emerald pins as well. Who knows, maybe the LA will give those to you as well.

Have you cruised since the December cruise? If you became Diamond at the end of that cruise, you should receive your pin in your cabin on your next cruise. Enjoy your Harmony cruise. I'm looking forward to sailing on it next year[emoji572]️

Thanks for that info! Yep I became Diamond after that cruise. But I wasn't aware of pins for earlier tiers. I never received any pins. Yes I can't wait for our Harmony cruise. We'll be sailing her in Dec. 2016. Just now beginning to think about a hotel in FLL for our pre-cruise stay. I want to stay at either the W or the Ritz Carlton, but I know some in my party won't want to go that route. Will probably end up in a Marriott on the beach.:D

We are Diamond, but have never received any "pins" or any other recognition. I don't think they count for Australians!

They certainly do count for Australians. Also, if anyone didn't get one, there is a block of the ship that is given after 140 points. We rustled the loyalty section up for some friends to get theirs a while back.

The system is very hit and miss for how things are given out, and if RCI were to read these boards they might sometimes think that the way some people talk about their pins and blocks that they are not wanted by many. (Small vocal minority maybe?)

We enjoy getting our pins, and have received them for every level that they apply to. Had to ask for the diamond ones, but they were quick to give them out next day. Always received them on board.

While many of our Ts & Cs are different, the C&A loyalty program is not country specific. Ringing the loyalty desk is about the only thing we don't have direct access to from Aus. But it has been suggested we could skype call the US, so might try that next time.

You sound like you have some great trips lined up! Have a great time. :)

Edited by goodycruising

Sounds like a great trip!

You'll have a lot of time to meet all of the crew, so getting to know the Loyalty Ambassador should be easy. I know we were excited enough when we crossed a significant number that we told the LA. Who knows what will happen! :)

The easy part for them- it's not as if you are getting something that you were not already getting in a Grand Suite. You already have access to the concierge lounge and all of those benefits- adding the diamond lounge isn't a big add. The coupons would be something significant.

Anyway- have a great time!

Thanks everyone for the words of advice. We may try speaking to the LA and casually mention we are hitting both Emerald AND Diamond during the cruise, and see if we might wrangle an Emerald pin from them. I just would like to collect the shiny things, I am not fussed about the coupons etc. (I WILL be once we are officially Diamond, but I absolutely understand that status isn't awarded until your NEXT cruise, so we would get those benefits later.)

I think the real worrying thing is that our 24-night cruise will be the first time we cruise in a suite, and it will probably spoil me for life!! But c'est la vie... we have a lovely Oceanview Balcony on our next cruise (12-night TA) so can't let my head get too big just yet!

Thanks for that info! Yep I became Diamond after that cruise. But I wasn't aware of pins for earlier tiers. I never received any pins. Yes I can't wait for our Harmony cruise. We'll be sailing her in Dec. 2016. Just now beginning to think about a hotel in FLL for our pre-cruise stay. I want to stay at either the W or the Ritz Carlton, but I know some in my party won't want to go that route. Will probably end up in a Marriott on the beach.:D

The Marriott on the beach in FLL is a great resort. We stay there every time we're down there.

Thanks everyone for the words of advice. We may try speaking to the LA and casually mention we are hitting both Emerald AND Diamond during the cruise, and see if we might wrangle an Emerald pin from them. I just would like to collect the shiny things, I am not fussed about the coupons etc. (I WILL be once we are officially Diamond, but I absolutely understand that status isn't awarded until your NEXT cruise, so we would get those benefits later.)

I think the real worrying thing is that our 24-night cruise will be the first time we cruise in a suite, and it will probably spoil me for life!! But c'est la vie... we have a lovely Oceanview Balcony on our next cruise (12-night TA) so can't let my head get too big just yet!

It is ok to be excited about it. :)

They won't be troubled by your excitement.