How chilly does it get at night?

StayAtHomeWrapMom

It will still be warmer then at home. lol

It's not so much the air temp but the wind. You may be sailing at higher speeds then during the day, creating more of a breeze.

I find it freezing in the public rooms because the AC is often set sooooooo cold.

My legs don't feel cold the way the rest of me does so a sweater or a wrap are necessities for me.

At night you are wise to take something such as pants, an a light sweater just in case.

Everyone comes in different shapes and sizes and where one person might be warm another might be cool.

As mentioned for some it can be cool inside the ship. My wife will take a shawl.

Keith

Getting ready for my first cruise. I know it can get chilly on deck at night but we are doing a Caribbean cruise the beginning of October should i take pants or should a sweater be enough?

Good morning, as you can see, we all have different opinions (that

always happens;))

Not sure what type of pants you are referring to......during the day?

shorts/crops/sundress are all good for the Caribbean year round.:)

Evenings? I normally always pack slacks, some are dressy for my

evening wear. They are not "heavy pants"....usually a silk or "silk like"

with a pretty top.

As for a sweater? I always pack a cardigan....not heavy.......and for

daytime I also normally throw in a warmup style jacket.

It may just stay in the cabin, but I bring one anyway.....(just in case).

I hope you have a great cruise:D

I agree with just about everyone. Do not overpack with heavy wear. It can be chilly inside at dinner.....theater.....bars...etc. Some folks are hot blooded others run a little chilly.

Take a couple of light dress pants and a wrap or sweater that can match everything for those possible chilly dinners. Carribean nites on the deck are very windy but chilly probably not. You always have a sweater if it is uncomfortable and continue your evening stroll with a mai tai:p

I agree with everyone here...different strokes for different folks!:D

I'm one of the ones that feels the need to bring some kind of cardigan/wrap for evenings in the MDR, the Comedy Club, Bars, etc. The DH and I also like to walk out on deck in the evening after dinner (we always do late seating) and even in the Caribbean I find it cool sometimes outside as it's very windy. As for pants...I never travel without a pair of long pants... cause ya just never know!!! I'd err on the side of bringing some kind of wrap and a pair of long pants rather than finding out too late that you're also one of the ones that get chilled in the MDR and don't have something to wear to keep you warm.

I hope you have an amazingly fun cruise!:D

Edited by mousey

I agree with mousey...you just never know.

A warm place can have a cold front or system move in... It could rain. It could be windy. It could be too cool with the air conditioning...

If you are traveling in pants, then that would probably be enough for your just in case pair.

I always bring a cover up of some sort...because my upper body gets more cold than my lower.

I wouldn't break out any true cold weather clothing though...just smart layers.

It will still be warmer then at home. lol

It's not so much the air temp but the wind. You may be sailing at higher speeds then during the day, creating more of a breeze.

I find it freezing in the public rooms because the AC is often set sooooooo cold.

My legs don't feel cold the way the rest of me does so a sweater or a wrap are necessities for me.

^^^^This

MDR is cold because they set it for the crew (and PAX) dressed in trousers, long sleeve shirts vests jackets etc.

DW always takes a shawl for a stroll around the deck.

I always bring a zip up athletic type light jacket for walking outside at night and often am comfortable in it in lounges/public areas of ship that are usually kept cool. I also wear pants most nights in the MDR.