Souvenir Menus

Janet-

I asked if I could take one from the Oasis last year and they wouldn't let me. They didn't really give me a reason why but I only asked that once. I wanted to bring it home to show people the food they served and for a keepsake.

Our first Oceania Cruise was a 7-night RT from Seattle to Alaska in July The next day's MDR dinner menu was placed in our room nightly along with the Currents newsletter and other information. They were preliminary since we sometimes saw a change - like the omission of the Miso Glazed Sea Bass the night it was supposed to be offered.

I hope that helps.

Next day's GDR menus are placed in your stateroom every night along with Currents. Just got off nautica and was on regatta a month ago. SAme prActice

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not the case on Marina in May, yet it was the case on Nautica last November.

Cenia

If you just want to have a record of what is served rather than a menu itself, you could take a picture of the menu with your phone, discretely of course!

I believe on SS, the menu for the MDR is placed in the cabins the evening before with the newsletter. We are newbies on Oceania, so can't help here.

We have been on R and O ships 10 times. Last one was Riviera in February 2014. We have NEVER had a menu delivered to our cabin.

OP - on the Riviera there is a desk near the Purser's desk. It is where you pick up the daily puzzles. That desk is where they prepare the menus to send to people who have requested special diets. They will give you one if you ask nicely. At least I imagine they will. You could try anyway. Actually I think that I saw some just sitting there at times and took a look.

We also sail on another line. The last night of every cruise we are presented with EVERY menu that we have used for the whole cruise. It can become large after a 34 day cruise. Just last week I read through some of them. Really enjoyed it, so I know how you feel.

Please let us know the outcome of your menu search.

o

Our experience is limited to two cruises on Regatta and one on Riviera. Both times on the Regatta, the menu for the GDR was delivered with the Currents. On the Riviera, we never got a menu even when we asked for it. I wondered if it had to do with the difference in ship size/passengers? Or perhaps because we had a PH on Regatta but not on Riviera. Next few cruises are already booked - two on R ships, one on O -- will be interesting to see if this experience holds.

Menus are delivered nightly with Currents regardless of your cabin assignment. We received them in a Vista, a PH and an Outside.

You just sail the small ships, though, right? Sounds like the larger ships may not do so, at least that's what I'm discerning.

You just sail the small ships, though, right? Sounds like the larger ships may not do so, at least that's what I'm discerning.

I have sailed on Marina and Riviera as well. I have little specific recollection of the particulars of those 2 cruises. LOL I cannot imagine why menus would not be distributed on those ships.

Every time I have asked the maître de in the GDR for a copy of the menu, I have never been refused. I am sure the butler, if you have one, would also acquire one for you.

Wiks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just off Nautica and Marina, menus with currents nightly on Nautica, none on Marina.

The menu is posted outside the dining room, where you could take a photo if you feel odd about taking it at your table. It was not unusual to see folks taking photos of their dinners.

After 24 Posts, it seems safe to say that there is not a company wide maxim in place, regarding the provision of "Souvenir" menus, and therefore the various cabin attendants, be they Butlers or not, are doing whatever it is that they think that their Passengers want.

The takeaway then, is that is that the process is not automatic, but that menus are available to the passenger, gratis, via the cabin attendant, upon request.