Spa Junior Suite

gaylemh

I think some of the confusion is that there is actually 3 different Junior Suites:

- Family Jr Suite - the picture with 2 bathrooms, these suites are NOT connected to other cabins.

- Family Connect Jr Suite - this is the one connected to a standard "D" balcony cabin and single (studio) cabin (the picture with the triangle shaped balcony). This cabin is square rather than rectangular like the Family Jr Suite

- Spa Jr Suite - also includes half bath but has frosted shower wall viewable in livingroom. I have seen no picture of this cabin yet. It has a settee rather than a full size couch.

I think some of the confusion is that there is actually 3 different Junior Suites:

- Family Jr Suite - the picture with 2 bathrooms, these suites are NOT connected to other cabins.

- Family Connect Jr Suite - this is the one connected to a standard "D" balcony cabin and single (studio) cabin (the picture with the triangle shaped balcony). This cabin is square rather than rectangular like the Family Jr Suite

- Spa Jr Suite - also includes half bath but has frosted shower wall viewable in livingroom. I have seen no picture of this cabin yet. It has a settee rather than a full size couch.

Wow! Really? I thought the Family JS were all part of those 3 room units. And that they would only separate them closer to sailing if they couldn't sell the unit as a whole. This is very interesting. And yes, confusing. One would think they would be showing the type of JS that there are the most of on the ship. I was surprised when they said the SJS only held 2 people. Maybe there are a lot more of these Family JS than I thought. Any idea how many?

Gina

Wow! Really? I thought the Family JS were all part of those 3 room units. And that they would only separate them closer to sailing if they couldn't sell the unit as a whole. This is very interesting. And yes, confusing. One would think they would be showing the type of JS that there are the most of on the ship. I was surprised when they said the SJS only held 2 people. Maybe there are a lot more of these Family JS than I thought. Any idea how many?

Gina

Family JS

Deck 8 - 4

Deck 9 - 12

Deck 10 - 12

For Anthem 4 more Family JS have been added on Deck 10 (two on Port and two on Starboard side). Also the number of Spa JS have been reduced and replaced with a GS or OS in most cases.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Pictures of the Spa JS are in post 41 of this thread.

Family JS

Deck 8 - 4

Deck 9 - 12

Deck 10 - 12

For Anthem 4 more Family JS have been added on Deck 10 (two on Port and two on Starboard side). Also the number of Spa JS have been reduced and replaced with a GS or OS in most cases.

Thank you. You may have just cleared this up. So they have 2 versions of the Family JS, totally different from each other but one being almost exactly like the SJS in layout. RCI chose to show us the 2 Family JS layouts but never a SJS layout. No wonder there is confusion. That's probably what happened to Colleen when she saw junior suites on board. She may have seen what appeared to be an SJS but there were 2 toilets and remembered it that way. Who knows, they may have even had wrong signage on the rooms as they did when I was on Vision for the agent's tour of the new family suite in what used to be the officer's meeting room. The sign said there was a balcony and there was not.

After all, they now show a suite folder in the SJS.

It would be nice if on Anthem they just had a JS as always and if the room has a sofa bed, they can book up to 4 (more if beds drop down) or if no sofa bed, just couples. Basically, a FJS has 2 toilets, unless it's part of the 3 room unit, then if they close it off and sell it separately, it's a FJS with 1 toilet, a different layout, and a large balcony. This is an example of why they should reveal information a lot sooner. There's no reason they couldn't have had the floor plans out there a long time ago. Oh wait, they still aren't all out there. :rolleyes:

But thanks to you both for this basic info. Old brochures put out by RCI with some other basic info have already been deleted. I went and clicked on old links I saved and they are now dead links. :(

Gina

Edited by mommabean

According to the RCI website under Quantum, they are listing 5 categories of Junior Suite Cabins:

s.gifFamily Junior Suite with Balcony

This Family Junior Suite offers a private bath and balcony, with all the amenities of our Junior Suites.

Family Connected℠ Junior Suite with Balcony

Our Family ConnectedSM Junior Suite with Balcony offer comfortable bedrooms, a living area and a private balcony.

s.gifAccessible Spa Junior Suite with Balcony - (NEW)

Enjoy the spa-like atmosphere in our Spa Junior Suite, large bathroom with soaker tub and private balcony.

s.gifSpa Junior Suite with Balcony

Enjoy the spa-like atmosphere in our Spa Junior Suite, large bathroom with soaker tub and private balcony.

Junior Suite with Balcony

These suites offer a comfortable bedroom, small sitting area and a private balcony.

According to the RCI website under Quantum, they are listing 5 categories of Junior Suite Cabins:

This Family Junior Suite offers a private bath and balcony, with all the amenities of our Junior Suites.

Our Family ConnectedSM Junior Suite with Balcony offer comfortable bedrooms, a living area and a private balcony.

These suites offer a comfortable bedroom, small sitting area and a private balcony.

LOL...amazing. Well at least they make one thing clear. The balcony is private. And at least one bathroom is. And two have "comfortable" bedrooms. :eek: ;)

Gina - I am so glad you found that layout of the SJS. That's what I saw, and what I booked, and it clearly shows two toilets.

I suspect that's the "other" family junior suite. I saw it a while ago when others posted it as the SJS. I never saw an actual label and since it didn't have the triangular oversized balcony I made the wrong assumption that it was the SJS. I certainly wouldn't have thought they'd have 2 totally different layouts for a family JS. But apparently they do.

Colleen believed there were 2 toilets but I think she saw the wrong JS - maybe labeled that way, maybe not. Either way, I think some of us were a little misled by those early floor plans. I now believe we only have 1 toilet. I "survived" 1 toilet in the past and will continue to do so. ;)

Gina

I think one of best thing the Spa JS (SJS) has going is location, location, location. Especially for those who value being on the hump and mid-ship.

If I were designing this suite though I would put the shower in the tub and add a toilet in the shower spot. The idea of shower and glass getting light from the living area sounds great and could be cool as RCI tried to be innovative and deliver something new for their ships. Similar looking futures (see through bath) on the NCL Epic did not seem to do well from reports I have read. But what do I know.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

I think one of best thing the Spa JS (SJS) has going is location, location, location. Especially for those who value being on the hump and mid-ship.

If I were designing this suite though I would put the shower in the tub and add a toilet in the shower spot. The idea of shower and glass getting light from the living area sounds great and could be cool as RCI tried to be innovative and deliver something new for their ships. Similar looking futures (see through bath) on the NCL Epic did not seem to do well from reports I have read. But what do I know.

I wish you had designed the bathroom. And I whole heartedly agree with you about the location! Prime location!!

I would rather be on the aft, but, that location, which Royal must consider prime was, was more than I was willing to spend.

I'm just hoping the sound proofing is done well, as we're right below the teen club.

Where is the teen club located? I would not want a room under the teen club. Maybe another room will open up and you can move before sailing.

After reading all of these posts and seeing those great pics from Meyer Werft, it seems pretty clear that there are 3 types of JS's.

The SJS with the "light wall" to the tub/shower area and then the one toilet on the other side.

The Family JS, meant to sleep up to 4 and with the 2 toilets (and that is one of the renderings we have all seen and mistaken (or have been misled)) to think it is the SJS.

And then that Family connected JS with the 3 sleeping areas that can be separate cabins.

And given the description of the SJS in the deck plans (as having one toilet, and one shower/tub room with the opaque wall), that is the scenario that makes the most sense.

Since I usually travel solo, one toilet is enough for me. And I actually like having a tub to soak in late at night.

Edited by MattInFLL

Actually you are partially right. I did forget the Accessible Spa Jr suite. There are 2 on deck 8. They are about the same size as the GS. Your last listing..."Junior Suite with Balcony" is actually the Family Connected Jr Suite when sold separately without the D and Studio cabins connected. So there are 4 versions of the Jr Suite. The Family Jr. with 28 is the most plentiful.

Actually you are partially right. I did forget the Accessible Spa Jr suite. There are 2 on deck 8. They are about the same size as the GS. Your last listing..."Junior Suite with Balcony" is actually the Family Connected Jr Suite when sold separately without the D and Studio cabins connected. So there are 4 versions of the Jr Suite. The Family Jr. with 28 is the most plentiful.

I see that now, thanks for the clarification.

Where is the teen club located? I would not want a room under the teen club. Maybe another room will open up and you can move before sailing.

The teen club in on 14, and we're on 13. We were hoping to get 12, but, they were gone by the time we booked. So far none of the others have been released. Perhaps when final payment is due, something will open up.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...