Kids at adult shows!!

Tudorcruisers

Maybe I've missed some posts as I can't believe I'm the first person to say how shocked I was at the amount of parents taking their children to "adult shows". The warnings came on at Priscilla queen of the dessert and howl at the moon and still parents sat with children as young as five years old but even kids around 13.

It is adult for a reason!!! Your children if under 18 should NOT be at these shows.

It's the only thing I wish NCL could endorse more and not allow children to the shows but then I guess they think they are dealing with responsible adults which they obviously are not.

I definitely do not enjoy sitting in an adult show with kids around 10 years old listening too, just not right so,it's my holiday they are ruining as well.

I think the staff needs to watch for this. I have personally seen the late night adult comedy shows where parents brought kids and witnessed twice where even the comedian commented. Last trip on the Getaway when the comedian got on stage he said " With little kids here guess I won't be doing my adult routine. I don't get it I think many parents let their kid get away with doing things on a cruise they would never let them do elsewhere. The adult dance parties at night there are always kids.NCL shouldn't let these parents get away with this.

Maybe I've missed some posts as I can't believe I'm the first person to say how shocked I was at the amount of parents taking their children to "adult shows". The warnings came on at Priscilla queen of the dessert and howl at the moon and still parents sat with children as young as five years old but even kids around 13.

It is adult for a reason!!! Your children if under 18 should NOT be at these shows.

It's the only thing I wish NCL could endorse more and not allow children to the shows but then I guess they think they are dealing with responsible adults which they obviously are not.

I definitely do not enjoy sitting in an adult show with kids around 10 years old listening too, just not right so,it's my holiday they are ruining as well.

I agree with you that some shows just aren't suited for children. But why does it "ruin" your holiday if a 10 year old kid is sitting in the show? It shouldn't affect you at all. If a parent wants to expose their children to swearing and sexual situations, that is there prerogative. They are the parents who will have to raise those children. You will never see them again, so who cares?

When my kids were 7 and 5 we took them to Legally Blonde on the Getaway. I didn't know about the content of the show, and I felt like some of the dialogue was inappropriate for children. My 5 year old fell asleep instantly. My 7 year old had no idea what was going on, and he later told me that he just laughed when everyone else laughed.

Are the kids playing up, or is it just their being there that bothers you.

Something like Howl is a bit of a grey area. Kids are specifically allowed before a certain time. Whilst I wouldn't take my son there after the suggested time, I have never heard anything there which would bother me much.

Howl at the moon definitely wasn't as good this year after 11 as you could,just tell the guys weren't comfortable with young children in the audience and I don't blame them if their are fathers themselves. I do blame however the parents who feel it is ok for young kids to be at shows like this after the allocated time. On epic it was a kid called Ethan who just shouldn't have been there. He was good fun but not when it ruined it for the adult section of the show.

I believe that Splash Academy has a babysitter services available until the wee hours (1:30?) Perhaps parents can be recommended to drop the kids there, if NCL chooses to enforce a no kids rule for their late night shows. This may be of a good discussion point here and certainly something I think of being a parent.

On our Epic cruise, some parents had young kids in Howl after the 11pm rule. The players warned them several times, but were ignored. Finally, they just said went ahead as if they weren't there and played I'm On A Boat. The parents hightailed it out of there pretty darn quickly.

On our Epic cruise, some parents had young kids in Howl after the 11pm rule. The players warned them several times, but were ignored. Finally, they just said went ahead as if they weren't there and played I'm On A Boat. The parents hightailed it out of there pretty darn quickly.

Good. If I was a performer I'd have done the exact same thing.

Frankly, I'm always amazed at the number of young kids (10 and under) that are awake at midnight. When do they sleep? My kid is 9 and sleeps at least 10 hours. Do these midnight kids just wake up at 10? So one parent is forced to stay in the cabin all morning?

Nice. That's exactly what the performers should do. They should lay it on really thick.

Honestly, it's nice to have adult entertainment without seeing kids. That's the time to be around my peers not some little kid, PARENTS.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't know if it has changed but in the past the only places underage people explicitly were not allowed had been Spice H2O and the night club after a specific hour. Howl at the moon and some of the theatre shows were only recommendations. So no rule for the staff to enforce.

Frankly, I'm always amazed at the number of young kids (10 and under) that are awake at midnight. When do they sleep? My kid is 9 and sleeps at least 10 hours. Do these midnight kids just wake up at 10? So one parent is forced to stay in the cabin all morning?

Some of us are from the west coast with a 3 hour time difference. It might be midnight in the Caribbean, but the kids are thinking it's only 9:00 pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some of us are from the west coast with a 3 hour time difference. It might be midnight in the Caribbean, but the kids are thinking it's only 9:00 pm.

Ahhh... that makes more sense now, it never occurred to me that West coast kids wouldn't adjust to the time difference after a day or so.

I think a lot of it just has to be selfishness. The parents want to see the show and instead of parenting (which means maybe missing something you want to do for the sake of the kids) they just drag them along.

I'm continually shocked at the very young children I see at R-rated movies as well. It doesn't ruin things for me (I don't usually subject myself to this kind of thing anyway) but I feel sorry for the kids.

Ahhh... that makes more sense now, it never occurred to me that West coast kids wouldn't adjust to the time difference after a day or so.

We usually just stay on a late schedule, never any lines at meals, but we usually miss lunch.

For the record I don't like kids in the adult shows either.

Are the kids playing up, or is it just their being there that bothers you.

Something like Howl is a bit of a grey area. Kids are specifically allowed before a certain time. Whilst I wouldn't take my son there after the suggested time, I have never heard anything there which would bother me much.

No, they weren't playing up at all but the content wasn't suitable for children as they did keep saying to the audience before 11 so I just don't understand why a parent would want their kids to hear things meant for over 18's.

We are sailing in the escape in feb and I think I will take my teens (14&16) to see brat pack. I wouldn't have when they were younger but I'm certain it won't contain anything they haven't already seen or heard.

I have always been the super strict parent about movie/video game ratings, my kids were always the ones who were restricted in what they could watch but I have relaxed in the last year.

I agree with you that some shows just aren't suited for children. But why does it "ruin" your holiday if a 10 year old kid is sitting in the show? It shouldn't affect you at all. If a parent wants to expose their children to swearing and sexual situations, that is there prerogative. They are the parents who will have to raise those children. You will never see them again, so who cares?

When my kids were 7 and 5 we took them to Legally Blonde on the Getaway. I didn't know about the content of the show, and I felt like some of the dialogue was inappropriate for children. My 5 year old fell asleep instantly. My 7 year old had no idea what was going on, and he later told me that he just laughed when everyone else laughed.

I agree. Let the parents decide.

I don't think it's a rule, it's a suggestion. I know that on the BA, there are warnings that ROA has adult content, and isn't recommended for young children. I don't think there are any shows that ban children.

I also agree that comedians should lay it on if there are kids in the audience. On our next cruise, I'll probably allow my 14 and 16 year olds to watch adult shows, my older kids were around those ages when the saw ROA.

Good. If I was a performer I'd have done the exact same thing.

My son is usually to bed around 1:00 AM on cruises, and up around 7 (when he was 11). Our motto is, "I'll sleep when I'm dead."

I think a lot of it just has to be selfishness. The parents want to see the show and instead of parenting (which means maybe missing something you want to do for the sake of the kids) they just drag them along.

The kids could stay in the kids club until 1:00 AM, so they don't really even need to parent until after then.

Some parents just don't care. :( It's very sad, and I'm not talking about them being disruptive. They just don't care what their kid is exposed to.

I absolutely agree that children should not be allowed in adult shows. This is coming from a mom of a six year old who is still only allowed to watch PBS, Disney Jr, and Nick Jr TV shows.

However, it is (sadly) a parent's choice. If I am not mistaken, children can go to an R rated movie as long as they are with an adult. I think adult shows would be a similar situation and decision for parents.

The staff will NOT enforce any rules, for fear of "offending" someone. We have become total wusses nowadays. Pitiful.

Of course staff will not enforce rules - they are dealing with a shipload of people who believe that "FREESTYLE" means doing whatever they want, whenever they want, while wearing whatever they want. You have to remember that your understanding of what a wide open term like "FREESTYLE" means might not closely conform to the understanding of others.

I don't mind teenagers being at the shows with their parents. But I don't like seeing little kids at the adult shows, especially if it inhibits the performer.

When we cruised with our 3 y.o. we went to all the early shows. We took it in turns babysitting (there were 3 adults in our group) I really enjoyed my early nights (10pm) , I was exhausted running after a 3y.o all day 😀

We took it in turns as well to have nap times too😉

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Not my job to parent other peoples children, but I do mind when the performers will not change to an adult show when children are present. Now this affects my good time. We have been to shows (Howl at the moon) where the performers warned the audience twice, then proceeded to continue with an adult version of their show, others have remained kid friendly--bummer. Time and place for children, or suffer the consequences, but don't impede on my good time

Safe sailling