Has no one noticed the free cruise offer?

Bars7816

Has no one noticed the free cruise offer? Have never seen this before. Buy one, get one! :cool:

Too late. Already sailed the Breakaway. Would not enjoy two more 6-hour flights to the east coast so soon. Believe I saw another line with the same offer. Too many new ships to fill?

Has no one noticed the free cruise offer? Have never seen this before. Buy one, get one! :cool:

Too late. Already sailed the Breakaway. Would not enjoy two more 6-hour flights to the east coast so soon. Believe I saw another line with the same offer. Too many new ships to fill?

I just saw it but the free cruise cannot be taken B2B so would entail another trip. And very specific about dates. Not worth it to me.

I, for one, would never book a Caribbean cruise during hurricane season. There are too many intangibles to worry about. The date specific definitely eliminates me. I do think there are too many mega ships for the lines to fill them, especially in the off seasons.

Tried to book this with our NCL PCC. However, she found out two problems:

- You cannot book the 2nd cruise until the first one is completed. Our initial Getaway cruise is not until late August. We would only be able to do the free Sky cruise a specific week in February, and there are no guarantees that that week will still be available when we finally can book upon the return of our 1st cruise.

Also, our minisuite on the Getaway for a family of 4 entitles us to a balcony room on the SKy. However, no balcony rooms on the Sky can accomodate 4. We said that we would be fine with an Oceanview, but the program rules do not allow a "downgrade". However, for $1200 more we could upgrade to a suite (no thanks!)!

The program sounds great initially, but in reality is anything but!

Too bad I already booked my Breakaway cruise in July, or I would have loved to take advantage of that. Its for new bookings only.

We just got finished booking the Breakaway for Sept as well! It would have been nice to have two vouchers. Ah well. BTW I'm very familiar with your town. (I was surprised to see it there!) Used to live not too far from the hospital. :)

For those of us on the west coast that have to factor in airfare etc. it may not be a great deal at all. Offer me a deal on west coast cruises.

Me thinks thou doth ask too much! West coast? Where's that, they say. Aren't they still driving around in covered wagons? :D

Besides, I love flying for hours and hours and hours to get to a cruise!:rolleyes: Hey, I saw a TSA guy actually smile!!!

Me thinks thou doth ask too much! West coast? Where's that, they say. Aren't they still driving around in covered wagons? :D

Besides, I love flying for hours and hours and hours to get to a cruise!:rolleyes: Hey, I saw a TSA guy actually smile!!!

I am laughing loud enough at your response that I woke up the neighbor's barking dogs! But then I grew up in love with Ward Bond and Clint Eastwood when he was Rowdy Yates. Yep, based on our latest freeway and bridge fixes we are moving at the rate of covered wagons!

Hold on I think they are calling me...Cowgirl up! Now is this anyway to get more cruises on the west coast? :D

I found out as an added bonus when booking the Breakaway in three weeks time...We are flexible so it will be ok!!

Glad you and the other poster could do it! Seems like it it ideal for those who live near the port and don't have airfare involved.

I always envy Florida, LA, Seattle residents (and now New York/NJ) who can take advantage of the last minute or special offers.

I, for one, would never book a Caribbean cruise during hurricane season. There are too many intangibles to worry about. The date specific definitely eliminates me. I do think there are too many mega ships for the lines to fill them, especially in the off seasons.

Totally disagree. We live in FLA (we've had more than our fair share of hurricanes), so we're going to Bermuda in June and sailing the Sky in October, possibly November. June is the beginning of the season and pretty safe to cruise in, and if we do November, we pretty much avoid the meat of hurricane season. Either that, or we could just wait until Jan/Feb of 2015 for the Sky. No worries either way.

One can totally book around it. I wouldn't let hurricane season be an issue in booking a cruise.

We just got finished booking the Breakaway for Sept as well! It would have been nice to have two vouchers. Ah well. BTW I'm very familiar with your town. (I was surprised to see it there!) Used to live not too far from the hospital. :)

Wow, not too many people know where Carmel is, I usually say I'm near the CT border...

I've lived here since 2001,and I love it here!

See you at the meet & greet!

BTW, before my last cruise, I put together a list from the roll call of everyone's names for the meet & greet, Is anyone doing that, or should I?

Christina

I just saw that this sale was going on and now my husband & I are seriously considering booking a balcony on the Breakaway to Bermuda. We did this cruise last year at the same time and absolutely loved it (even though there was a horrible downpour). We are in Toronto, Canada so would drive down to NYC but would have to fly to Miami for the "free" cruise. Wouldn't be so bad as we would use it as a quick getaway from our cold winter for a week.

I do have a question though. If both my husband and I book on an eligible sail date to Bermuda on the Breakaway, do we each receive a free 3/4 night Bahamas cruise voucher?

FWIW the Sky has been $109 for 4 days all spring. So thats all the savings. Not a good deal IMO.

This.

IMO this is only a deal for a very small few who were A. going to book anyway AND B. have easy access to Sky. AND C. could go at their very limited offering dates.

I sure hope this isn't NCLs attempt to counter RCI's BOGOHO because it fails. :(

Edited by ttnc4me

While this is an interesting offer, it comes at a really bad (or should I say busy) time for us. We're already booked for May, October, November and next January. I cannot imagine how we would squeeze in two more cruises. Deals come and deals go. (The mantra of couponers everywhere.)

However, I have been looking extensively at the RCI BOGOHO possibilities because we've not yet booked up all of 2015 and 2016. But their prices even with the BOGOHO is not comparable to the NCL prices I see on a regular basis. So we'll see how it plays out.

Edited by logan25

Unfortunately, the timing doesn't work out for us. While we could take the Breakaway cruise, my wife wouldn't be able to board the Bahamas cruise on the Sky as her pregnancy would be past 24 weeks. :(

I just saw that this sale was going on and now my husband & I are seriously considering booking a balcony on the Breakaway to Bermuda. We did this cruise last year at the same time and absolutely loved it (even though there was a horrible downpour). We are in Toronto' date=' Canada so would drive down to NYC but would have to fly to Miami for the "free" cruise. Wouldn't be so bad as we would use it as a quick getaway from our cold winter for a week.

I do have a question though. If both my husband and I book on an eligible sail date to Bermuda on the Breakaway, do we each receive a free 3/4 night Bahamas cruise voucher?[/quote']

YES! I just booked the Getaway and had the same question as I am going with my GF. It's a fantastic deal especially since I was already thinking of booking anyways. You have to have the same 2 people on both cruises. You cannot change people around. You can add someone for a charge on the free cruise. Great deal. I would jump on it!

We hopped on it! We were going to book getaway for august anyhow, and we always do a short cruise in feb so the free cruise dates work for us! even if free cruise is only 110-150 per person for the sky, thats like basically a savings of 300..which we would NEVER get for an inside otherwise. Plus, the price of the getaway cruise we wanted to book stayed the same price AFTER the sale. So I was SO pumped

Our price for getaway is 679pp. Right now we have an inside with 50obc from our TA. With the free cruise offer, its such a good deal for us. Now we don't have to worry about our Feb cruise. Lets just hope I enjoy NCL tho, because this is my first time on the cruiseline! :)