Pre cruise hotel

Steinaker DD 863

Hello all. I am leaving on the Allure 3/1 and looking for a hotel to stay the night before sailing. I understand the concept of supply and demand but I think paying

300.00 and up for one night is a little crazy. Can anyone recommend a good pre cruise hotel in Ft Lauderdale that's around 200.00 per night with shuttle service.

Thanks for any info supplied.

We called directly to the Embassy Suites (we are in their rewards program---free to join and includes about 6 different hotels) and we got a cheaper price than offered thru RCI, and we still earned our loyalty points.......

Had we booked Thru RCI it was more expensive and they would not give the loyalty points because it was booked "thru a tour".

Good luck

Safe journeys.

About 2 years ago we stayed at the Hilton Ft. Launderdale marina (less than $200 per night) - within walking distance to a nearby Walgreens (approx 1/2 mile) I believe they had a shuttle to port but I am not for sure as we chose a taxi for 3 people and fare was around $15 (estimate). My first choice would be Embassy suites but we were sailing on Oasis and Embassy was booked. I would stay at either of these hotels again without hesitation.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

We called directly to the Embassy Suites (we are in their rewards program---free to join and includes about 6 different hotels) and we got a cheaper price than offered thru RCI, and we still earned our loyalty points.......

Had we booked Thru RCI it was more expensive and they would not give the loyalty points because it was booked "thru a tour".

Good luck

Safe journeys.

Sorry...but I would think any booking done through RCI you would always pay more...at least from my experience of checking.

We have always gotten great rates booking Embassy with LMTC.

Try last minute travel dot com. We like the Hyatt Pier 66, and last year rates were showing at $350+ (ridiculous considering we've gotten rooms there before in off season for $99).

Last minute travel had rooms there for $169. Worth a try- and use a mac/apple computer or ipad if you have one, for some reason if you use that website on a PC they don't tell you what hotel you're booking!

Edited to add: just checked the site and sure enough, they have the Hyatt for $238/night.

Edited by micmacmissy

Have usually stayed at the Embassy Suites and have been very satisfied. They have a free evening cocktail party and an excellent cooked to order buffet in the morning (included).

Wouldn't worry too much about a shuttle. Many hotels charge $10 per person for the shuttle - not really worth it - taxi fare is usually around $15 to $20 from most of the hotels near the port and well worth it.

Try last minute travel dot com.

I tried this for my cruise in April. They don't have any hotels. So apparently it is for last minute travel. The only problem is, I prefer to have everything in place three months in advance.

Sorry...but I would think any booking done through RCI you would always pay more...at least from my experience of checking.

We have always gotten great rates booking Embassy with LMTC.

Thats right, like I originally posted it was much cheaper for us to book on our own.

Saved the $$ and got loyalty points.

Safe journey

Cruiser2, the photos didn't post for me.

OP, good question. I went through Choice Hotels both times out of FL and we were too far away for my taste even though they did have shuttle service.

I posted pictures of the Hyatt Pier 66 ...

http://pier66.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

and the Hilton Marina ...

http://www.fortlauderdalemarinahotel.com/default-en.html

I also posted photographs of the Allure preparing to dock early in the morning. I took those pictures from my room at the Hyatt Pier 66.

If you can hotwire your car before the cruise it's still the most affordable option.

I tried this for my cruise in April. They don't have any hotels. So apparently it is for last minute travel. The only problem is, I prefer to have everything in place three months in advance.

LaQuinta Ft. Lauderdale Airport, 2620 North 26th Ave. has come highly recommended to us from a co-worker that cruises often and usually stays there when sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. We are staying there March 20th and the rate is $175.

We always stay at ramada downtown hollywood. Rooftop pool walk to restaurants and we are actually here right now. They do have have a shuttle. It is not free but we have never paid over 150 per night. This trip was $112 per night plus tax.

I'll second the recommendation of the Ramada Downtown Hollywood. We stayed there a couple of times when we were going to the races at Gulfstream Park. The hotel is "a little scruffy around the edges", but a great location -- lots of restaurants a short walk away and the neighborhood has really cool, boho vibe.

Not always. I booked my hotel in NOLA for 2/27/15 back on 11/26/14.

LMTC (Last Minute Travel Club) or LMT (Last Minute Travel) is just their "name". ;)

If you can hotwire your car before the cruise it's still the most affordable option.

Why would I need to hotwire my car, I've got the key and it works just fine. :)

Edited by Cuizer2