Craziest thing you admit to OR actually heard someone complaining about on a cruise?

snorkelman

I guess the craziest I have witnessed is several people lined up at Guest Services DEMANDING a full refund of their cruise because we had to miss Coco Cay :rolleyes:

yes, that really happened. :o

Not on these boards, but actually on a ship.

And yes, if you went a little crazy yourself, now's the time to reflect back when hindsight is 20/20 and confess how you may have overreacted on a cruise.

Go!

Loudly complaining passenger at breakfast, shouting at the waiter because he was not served his coffee first as he was a Diamond.

On our 2012 Freedom cruise we signed up for the Murder Mystery Dinner and when the show started, music came on, actors come out to start the dinner theatre, one passenger screamed "I CAN TALK LOUDER THAN YOUR MUSIC" and here's the thing, this guy had SIGNED UP to participate but he was complaining that it was interrupting his talking :rolleyes:. But wait, that's not all, at our stop in Labadee at the beach where the suite cabanas are located he was complaining that the fish were biting him in the water and THEN he complained LOUDLY that our music was too loud and was disrupting his peace and quiet. The only thing/person disrupting the peace and quiet was his non-stop SCREAMING about things. What a D-b*g ;)

I sat with a lady and her grown daughter at breakfast and the lady was complaining that all the passengers "were just so middle class."

I thought that was hilarious.

I think I was insulted!

A lady complaining that she did not understand why she had to embark on deck 4 when her cabin was on deck 10.

Or the other one that did not like Jamies Italian, because the food was to Italian for her taste.

Or the couple that did not want to go to The Windjammer because they only serve food there, and they did not eat food.

Or the Lady that did not want the ship to cruise to close to land near Key West, because there were too many Gay people there.

I could go on ................:eek:

craziest thing I heard and witnessed was onboard the Majesty of the Seas. The female was complaining rather irately that her cabin didn't look like the advertisement photo. Apparently, she wasn't happy with the tv location in her cabin. Silly.

A lady at the Lido shouting in Dutch at a waiter that she didn't like the buffet to be closed while all she wanted was "JUST A LITTLE SNACK!". I could hear the "conversation" from quite some distance.

The poor waiter used all his language skills including literally pointing to tell her to go to the other side of the buffet which was offering all the snacks she needed.. After a while I came over to explain in Dutch, which she did understand, then started to complain to me that they should have Dutch signs on HAL ships.

For myself I literally can't think of anything I could have complained about, except of course the fellow Dutch on board because there were more similar to this one.

On a recent Panama cruise we couldn't dock at Puerto Limon because of the swell. Four hours later, after departing towards our next port, the captain announced that we must return to Puerto Limon to disembark a medical emergency.

30 minutes later, at the front desk, a lady was complaining as to why the medical emergency would be able to leave the ship in Puerto Limon, when she had not been allowed to go ashore and had missed her shore excursion! :eek:

I witnessed a Pinnacle person try to remove people from "her" table in the dining room at breakfast on the Majesty.

The Matre di had put these people at the table, she literally threw a fit. The staff told me she was told later that she could no longer cruise on this ship!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True Story! Lady complaining to a senior officer because our cruise had too many sea days (this was on a 42 day cruise). After we overheard the conversation I did manage to ask her if she was aware of the sea days when she booked the cruise. She admitted that she did know the itinerary, but did not understand why we couldn't just stop somewhere so she could get off the ship. I should mention this was on the Transatlantic part of the cruise :).

Hank

I sat with a lady and her grown daughter at breakfast and the lady was complaining that all the passengers "were just so middle class."

I think I was insulted!

Her problem probably was that she was low class and she did not want to associate with her betters.

DON

True Story! Lady complaining to a senior officer because our cruise had too many sea days (this was on a 42 day cruise). After we overheard the conversation I did manage to ask her if she was aware of the sea days when she booked the cruise. She admitted that she did know the itinerary, but did not understand why we couldn't just stop somewhere so she could get off the ship. I should mention this was on the Transatlantic part of the cruise :).

Hank

Did you suggest to her that she might consider getting off IMMEDIATELY?

DON

I've been missing all these complainers.:( I'm going to have to start hanging out by the Customer Service desk and maybe get me one of those Whisper hearing assist things they sell on TV.:D Could be better than the actual entertainment on the hip.:p

I've been missing all these complainers.:( I'm going to have to start hanging out by the Customer Service desk and maybe get me one of those Whisper hearing assist things they sell on TV.:D Could be better than the actual entertainment on the hip.:p

I know how you feel! I love it when these type of threads pop up. Worst part is, this was one of the selling points for our NCL cruise booked. Drink package included = sitting at the Atrium bar while watching the crazies at Guest Services.

I think I was insulted!

Oh I could of had so much fun with them I have a hillbilly tourist accent that I break out on occasion that would send chills down their spines.;)

Hank

We experienced the same thing on a Mexican Riviera cruise. 2nd sea day we were behind three women and one was commenting that she didn't pay that much money to be on the ship and just see water. We were quite amused, as we love the sea days. Really wanted to ask her why she was on a cruise and not a land based vacation.

A lady at the elevators who had just come from guest services. Loudly complaining that she was NOT going to pay for a piece of artwork that her son had bid on during one of the art auctions. They told her she was obligated to buy and she was saying over and over that it was not her fault and she wasn't paying.

It really was mesmerizing.