Concierge Lounge on Oasis

buckeye rob

For the record, Wonderland WILL take both floors but not until early 2015. The only way this won't happen is if they change what is already planned which isn't likely. I do not know if there will be a CL and I did not ask this of the person who told me about the change.

Gina

Just in from my DH: Wonderland will take up all of the former Concierge Lounge. Suite Lounge will be for Suite and Pinnacle only. Diamond and Diamond+ are "limited" to the new Diamond Lounge.

steamboats

I'm sorry to hear that's the decision they made, and I think they will come to find out it was a mistake. That's an awfully large space to be used only in the evenings for a restaurant that seems like it will have limited appeal.

Just in from my DH: Wonderland will take up all of the former Concierge Lounge. Suite Lounge will be for Suite and Pinnacle only. Diamond and Diamond+ are "limited" to the new Diamond Lounge.

steamboats

As I've been saying.

It was only a matter of time before those on board would repeat the info. I don't see an issue with having the 3 drink vouchers on the card and still having access to the coffee machine, concierge, and meeting friends in the private lounge if meeting them at an outside bar seems complicated.

They put those drinks on the card for a reason. They got people used to the idea before it became necessary on the OA refurbishments. Once people get used to in on OA...think which ships it could be expanded to. Any or all....

Gina

steamboats

Not saying you are correct or incorrect, as until becomes live don't think anyone can say with certainty. However based on this official release there is no mention of CL being removed. It clearly states wonderland is replacing chefs table and library area, and that it is these areas that have been removed. The release addresses all areas that are being removed on the ship

IMHO if they remove CL then all ships will have CL changed to suite lounges

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Misc/14040643_Oasis_Class_General_FAQ.pdf

Also new deck plans clearly show CL and Wonderland decks 11 and 12

Like I say, just my opinion.

Edited by Spurschick

Odd that they would label the space "Concierge Club & Wonderland" on the deck plans. Not that they have ever had any mis-information on the website.

They named it that way because it is now the CL but will become Wonderland. It gets people used to the idea of what will be. Once the CL is removed, they only have to hit the delete button. Oh wait, this is IT we are talking about. ;)

Gina

Odd that they would label the space "Concierge Club & Wonderland" on the deck plans. Not that they have ever had any mis-information on the website.

I agree. Also on official release where it says about places being removed clearly states chefs table and library but no mention of CL. I could imagine a huge backlash if not preannounced. Would be in their best interests to say now if CL was no longer going to exist.

Seems the existing space is to large for a restaurant that may only have 60 guests. I just see it as a late night escape. No early bird specials here. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It's very possible all of that space won't be used for seating. Some of it may be repurposed for an expanded kitchen since it won't be use for just a table of 16 or less. It wouldn't be the first time RCI has added walls in spaces during a refurbishment.

I've been in Chops and found it anything but romantic or special for a celebration when the tables are jammed in so tightly that the waiter keeps banging into the back of my chair as he goes by. If Wonderland is to be promoted for a "special celebration" they need to arrange the tables so those around you can't hear every word you are saying.

I agree. Also on official release where it says about places being removed clearly states chefs table and library but no mention of CL. I could imagine a huge backlash if not preannounced. Would be in their best interests to say now if CL was no longer going to exist.

I was just looking at that same document. I agree...there's been more than enough secrecy surrounding the Oasis renovations, and it's created some bad feelings among people booked on the ship. If they're completely eliminating the lounge, they need to be upfront with that information instead of letting people read about it on Cruise Critic.:rolleyes:

It's very possible all of that space won't be used for seating. Some of it may be repurposed for an expanded kitchen since it won't be use for just a table of 16 or less. It wouldn't be the first time RCI has added walls in spaces during a refurbishment.

I've been in Chops and found it anything but romantic or special for a celebration when the tables are jammed in so tightly that the waiter keeps banging into the back of my chair as he goes by. If Wonderland is to be promoted for a "special celebration" they need to arrange the tables so those around you can't hear every word you are saying.

Do you think it is going to be a fixed price or ala carte. I can still see it being used as a lounge with really exotic drinks

Do you think it is going to be a fixed price or ala carte. I can still see it being used as a lounge with really exotic drinks

As far as I know Wonderland is fixed price on Quantum. But who knows, since they don't seem to do everything the same from ship to ship as we are finding out. I'd hope it would cost the same as Quantum but Chops doesn't cost the same on each ship either.

This restaurant would work well with the Molecular Bar type drinks which are served on Celebrity S class ships.

[quote name='steamboats']Just in from my DH: Wonderland will take up all of the former Concierge Lounge. Suite Lounge will be for Suite and Pinnacle only. Diamond and Diamond+ are "limited" to the new Diamond Lounge.

steamboats[/QUOTE]

The rumor of kicking Diamonds out of the Diamond Lounge and only allowing D+ to use is has been circulating for a while.

3 drink vouchers per night was the first step.

This might be the next be the next step.

It would be easy to rename and change the Concierge Lounge signage for the rest of the fleet to "Suites Lounge" so that it matches the Oasis and Allure. (I wonder if the Quantum will have that as it's sign on the CL when she debuts?) Edited by beachnative

[quote name='Cindy'][SIZE="3"]I'm sorry to hear that's the decision they made, and I think they will come to find out it was a mistake. That's an awfully large space to be used only in the evenings for a restaurant that seems like it will have limited appeal. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Agreed. The DL does not look big enough from the pictures I have seen for D and D+.

Will be interesting if they allow children to start using DL. Most D+ members with children like us like to use CL on an evening as children are not allowed in DL. We still can use the suite lounge as generally sail GS or higher, but some may be restricted.

Don't like the thought of having to go up to deck 17 all the time for a quick drink. We purposely selected a cabin near CL for the convenience. Edited by Spurschick

[quote name='Bobal']This restaurant would work well with the Molecular Bar type drinks which are served on Celebrity S class ships.[/QUOTE]

At one point I heard from the Celebrity Mixologist that Quantum would have something similar - called Liquid Lab. I haven't followed the venue names or looked closely. Has a Liquid Lab shown up? Or was that idea ditched?

[quote name='Spurschick']Agreed. The DL does not look big enough from the pictures I have seen for D and D+.

Will be interesting if they allow children to start using DL. Most D+ members with children like us like to use CL on an evening as children are not allowed in DL. We still can use the suite lounge as generally sail GS or higher, but some may be restricted.

[COLOR="Red"]Don't like the thought of having to go up to deck 17 all the time for a quick drink.[/COLOR] We purposely selected a cabin near CL for the convenience.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way when they announced they were moving the deck 10 CL on Radiance class up to the Viking Crown Lounge level. I adjusted. But I liked staying on deck 10 close to the CL and running in for a quick cup of coffee in the morning. I'm not quite ready to run up stairs or stand around waiting for an elevator. We all seem to keep adjusting to the changes...then keep coming back for more.

They do reserve the right to change the program at any time, and that, they do.

Gina

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Is there an official opening date for Wonderland yet? I know, as if they would tell us. ;) Also, what will the dress code be, is it the always formal restaurant?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]We cruise on Oasis November 22nd so I am curious.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='A&L_Ont'][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Is there an official opening date for Wonderland yet? I know, as if they would tell us. ;) Also, what will the dress code be, is it the always formal restaurant?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]We cruise on Oasis November 22nd so I am curious.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

March 2015

[quote name='A&L_Ont'][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Is there an official opening date for Wonderland yet? I know, as if they would tell us. ;) Also, what will the dress code be, is it the always formal restaurant?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]We cruise on Oasis November 22nd so I am curious.[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

The revitalization flyer says March 2015.

[quote name='A&L_Ont'][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Is there an official opening date for Wonderland yet? I know, as if they would tell us. ;) Also, [COLOR="Red"]what will the dress code be[/COLOR], is it the always formal restaurant?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]We cruise on Oasis November 22nd so I am curious.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

"Wonderland" on the Quantum will be SMART CASUAL.

[quote name='lynnkalb']The flyer I saw also states that Wonderland will be on Deck 11 on March 2015.
Looks like the CL is gone.[/QUOTE]

The flyer also states that it repurposes The Library and The Chef's Table, but not the Concierge Lounge, so it could still be shared space.

[quote name='3dog']The flyer also states that it repurposes The Library and The Chef's Table, but not the Concierge Lounge, so it could still be shared space.[/QUOTE]

True, they could retain a smaller CL.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app