Crown & Anchor Balcony Discount ?

Noreen411

Hi

I remember several months ago there was a thread discussing the elimination of the balcony discount if the cruise was booked within 6 months of sailing. Prior to that there was a difference of $25 or $50 if you booked more than or within 6 months of sailing. I'm talking about the regular balcony discount for Diamond/Diamond Plus.

I thought after many heated threads, the "new" policy didn't go into effect after all.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the final answer.

Can someone remind me what the new rules are?

Thank you

Noreen

The "elimination" part did not go into effect.

However, you would still lose $25 of the discount if you book or make a pricing change less than 6 months before the cruise.

Edited by clarea

So hoping to piggy back...I got a $225 diamond balcony discount on my cruise next year. I lose $25 of that $225 if I make any changes with less than 6 months? I hadn't heard that. Makes no sense but then again, its RC LOL

So hoping to piggy back...I got a $225 diamond balcony discount on my cruise next year. I lose $25 of that $225 if I make any changes with less than 6 months? I hadn't heard that. Makes no sense but then again, its RC LOL

Depends on the type of change. If you change categories or ask for a price drop closer than 6 months before the cruise, you will lose $25. If you book an excursion, change dining, purchase a beverage package, no change to the balcony discount.

Thanks Bob. I was referring to cabin and/or category changes (thinking of price drops). Good to know because we are hoping to change rooms and the agent suggested waiting until final payment to find out what was available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This discussion brings to mind if I book a cruise while cruising the week I turn diamond can we take advantage of the discount? On the second leg of our b-b we will be diamond and the question is again asked because I read it takes a week to change our status. I will be talking to the loyalty ambassador about this but would appreciate any input from those of you that have had similar experiences.

I have been booking my next cruises on my cruises because of the perks offered. Will those same perks be available as well as the diamond discount on balcony cabins?

Thank you for posing the original question as I too missed the original discussion and thank you for taking the time to respond.

This discussion brings to mind if I book a cruise while cruising the week I turn diamond can we take advantage of the discount? On the second leg of our b-b we will be diamond and the question is again asked because I read it takes a week to change our status. I will be talking to the loyalty ambassador about this but would appreciate any input from those of you that have had similar experiences.

I have been booking my next cruises on my cruises because of the perks offered. Will those same perks be available as well as the diamond discount on balcony cabins?

Thank you for posing the original question as I too missed the original discussion and thank you for taking the time to respond.

I have known Next Cruise salespeople to give you your increased balcony discount if you book a future cruise onboard. Just make sure you mention it before you book.

I have known Next Cruise salespeople to give you your increased balcony discount if you book a future cruise onboard. Just make sure you mention it before you book.

My reservation was noted that I was turning Diamond when I booked on board and when the points posted (10 days after the cruise), the D balcony discount was applied (and it didn't reprice the cruise).

Edited by Biker19

• 7 months later...
Thank you,

Do you know if you can book a Royal Caribbean cruise while you are on a Celebrity ship and still get the extra OBC?

Yes, you would get the same deal as if you booked on a Royal ship, except the instant OBC would not be an option.

The "elimination" part did not go into effect.

However, you would still lose $25 of the discount if you book or make a pricing change less than 6 months before the cruise.

Bob, is the reduction for any changes even if it's only a price drop and not a new booking #.

Hi.

I have three hump cabins booked on Oasis for August 2018.

Regardless if I put in my C&A number or not, I get the same price and not an Emerald discount.

Do Emerald's get a discount? It doesn't come up either way on line.

Thank you.

Hi.

I have three hump cabins booked on Oasis for August 2018.

Regardless if I put in my C&A number or not, I get the same price and not an Emerald discount.

Do Emerald's get a discount? It doesn't come up either way on line.

Thank you.

Yes, all levels from Platinum on up get balcony discounts. It could be that the "instant discount" part of the continuous fake sale is more than your Emerald discount, and the website is giving you the best discount.

Yes, all levels from Platinum on up get balcony discounts. It could be that the "instant discount" part of the continuous fake sale is more than your Emerald discount, and the website is giving you the best discount.

Probably so. Love Bob's description of the sales:p

Yes, you would get the same deal as if you booked on a Royal ship, except the instant OBC would not be an option.

Please explain what you mean, no advantage of booking on board while we are on a Celebrity ship, we wouldn't get any OBC ? If that is the case doesn't seem like booking on board makes any sense.