Do you wear your real wedding rings on cruise trips?

bostongal123

I wear my wedding band and a pair of simple diamond studs pretty much all the time, including when I travel. The diamond fell out of my engagement ring several years ago and I haven't replaced it. I sometimes wear a 3 stone diamond ring or a sapphire ring with my wedding band, it depends more on my mood than where I am traveling to. I wouldn't have an issue wearing either on a cruise. I have worn them on trips to Europe, Asia and Mexico as well as the US. I don't have anything that is particularly flashy though.

I do have an attachment to designer purses but I generally leave those at home when I travel, and instead use a small, simple crossbody bag.

on cruises I don't wear mine- leave at home as I have a fear of the ports we visit I don't want to be wearing or keeping a good valuables on me. If I did get mugged I rather have no jewelry on or fake jewelry. that is just my preference.

I don't bring my good jewelry with me anymore on cruises - too risky. The only piece I'll wear is my wedding ring but I'm very careful where I wear it. If it's to a beach all day, I'm alone, or in a port that has a history of robberies, I'll leave it in the safe. When I wear my ring, I'm aware of who's around me and at times, I've turned my ring around so it looks like it's just a wedding band, hiding the good part. ;)

I wear my diamond ring everywhere but the pools & port cities. I wear just a small, plain gold band when I don't have "the big ring" on. I just lock up any jewelry in the safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This perhaps is a silly question but I am curious what most people do. Do you leave your irreplaceable valuables at home (wedding rings come to mind) or wear them on the ships?

I leave my wedding and engagement rings at home, hidden, and wear a $25 tungsten ring I bought online