Priority Boarding

john2003

We get priority by way of our mariner status. My sister is in a Superior Suite on the Westerdam. Can they use the priority lane?

I find HAL uses the term Suite rather inconsistently.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Forums mobile app

There is no such thing as a "Superior" Suite on the Westerdam or any other HAL ship.

They are either in a "Pinnacle", "Neptune", or "Signature" Suite, out of which only the Pinnacle or Neptune guests are allowed priority boarding.

p.s. HAL is very good at remembering the names of their different suites ... it is the folks on Cruise Critic who often mix them up :D

We are travelling independently as I am in Canada and she the UK. Probably won't arrive at same time. I was just trying to clarify as I thought the sign had said Suite Guests.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Forums mobile app

The sign will designate Neptune Suites, Penthouse Suites. 4* mariners are usually in the same line in many ports.

Sometimes the "regular" line up can be faster depending upon the timing and the # of 4*+ mariners ;)

One should be observant about "Priority" lines. For example, last year we were on the Prinsendam for its Grand Med cruise....where over 1/2 of the Passengers were 4 or 5 Star. When we arrived at the embarkation port (Port Everglades) we were directed to the "Priorty" line where they was a pretty long queue. We noticed that the regular lines (no priority) were just about empty....so we simply stepped out of the Priority Line and moved over the to the non-priority line. We were immediately waved to one of the check-in counters while those in the Priority Lines continued to "cool their heels." As we were walking towards the check-in desk we heard a woman say to her companion, "I have worked hard to get into this Priority Line....and am not going to the regular line." As we walked out of the room to board the ship we noticed that the "Priority Line" had hardly moved.

Hank

One should be observant about "Priority" lines. For example, last year we were on the Prinsendam for its Grand Med cruise....where over 1/2 of the Passengers were 4 or 5 Star. When we arrived at the embarkation port (Port Everglades) we were directed to the "Priorty" line where they was a pretty long queue. We noticed that the regular lines (no priority) were just about empty....so we simply stepped out of the Priority Line and moved over the to the non-priority line. We were immediately waved to one of the check-in counters while those in the Priority Lines continued to "cool their heels." As we were walking towards the check-in desk we heard a woman say to her companion, "I have worked hard to get into this Priority Line....and am not going to the regular line." As we walked out of the room to board the ship we noticed that the "Priority Line" had hardly moved.

Hank

More than once or twice, my DH and I stepped out of the priortiy line at Port Everglades and went to another 'regular line' whichw as non-prority. ONCE, when we did that, the lady at the count er looked at our boarding passes Neptune /cabin nuumber and told us we belonged in the priorty line. :eek: DH looked at her like she must have two heads.(thagt line wsas close to out the door. He told her we happily would give up our two spaces to anyone who wanted them. :rolleyes: She 'didn't get it.'

One should be observant about "Priority" lines. For example, last year we were on the Prinsendam for its Grand Med cruise....where over 1/2 of the Passengers were 4 or 5 Star. When we arrived at the embarkation port (Port Everglades) we were directed to the "Priorty" line where they was a pretty long queue. We noticed that the regular lines (no priority) were just about empty....so we simply stepped out of the Priority Line and moved over the to the non-priority line. We were immediately waved to one of the check-in counters while those in the Priority Lines continued to "cool their heels." As we were walking towards the check-in desk we heard a woman say to her companion, "I have worked hard to get into this Priority Line....and am not going to the regular line." As we walked out of the room to board the ship we noticed that the "Priority Line" had hardly moved. Hank
More than once or twice, my DH and I stepped out of the priortiy line at Port Everglades and went to another 'regular line' whichw as non-prority. ONCE, when we did that, the lady at the count er looked at our boarding passes Neptune /cabin number and told us we belonged in the priorty line. :eek: DH looked at her like she must have two heads.(that line was close to out the door. He told her we happily would give up our two spaces to anyone who wanted them. :rolleyes: She 'didn't get it.'

More than once or twice, my DH and I stepped out of the priortiy line at Port Everglades and went to another 'regular line' whichw as non-prority. ONCE, when we did that, the lady at the count er looked at our boarding passes Neptune /cabin number and told us we belonged in the priorty line. :eek: DH looked at her like she must have two heads.(that line was close to out the door. He told her we happily would give up our two spaces to anyone who wanted them. :rolleyes: She 'didn't get it.'

Same exact thing happened to us on our Maasdam cruise out of Port Everglades. :D

Hank

What a strange world where someone regards going on many many luxury cruises as having 'worked hard'.

There are several 4 and 5 star mariners, and they priority lines are generally long. Then there are the people that need wheelchair help that are given priority as well. We tend to wait in the line that we are assigned. We are on vacation, and I have all the time in the world.