can you hear the movies on deck?

brymern

I've never attempted to watch a movie on a ship because I assumed the background noise would irritate me too much.

Our experience is it is almost as quiet as being at the movies, very respectful of others.

Sometimes there are people who will walk up and carry on a conversation. I really don't know what they are thinking when they can see a movie playing. (I have a tendency to give stink eye) Last cruise there was a loud group at the rum bar, but they finally left. Over all the volume is loud enough where it's not an issue. I really enjoy the dive in movies.

Edited by kona_wahine

It is plenty loud and easy to understand and I am hard of hearing. Yes there were a couple of times a small group would be oblivious to the movie and walking by but it was the exception and not the rule.

On our Breeze cruise last year, we were watching Grown Ups 2, and they had the volume SO low, you couldn't hear anything.

I went up to the Blue Iguana and asked him to call somebody to turn it up, and not two minutes later, it was plenty loud.:D:D

We found the sound to be fine but we did have an issue with seeing the screen on the Conquest for the earlier showing due to the sun setting and that the movie was very dark (Malifenct sorry about spelling)

Most people walking by were very respectful

My experience on the Splendor was that the (movie) sound was TOO loud - to the point that it was muddy (no differential between sounds) - and I'm not heard of hearing - I had to leave because it was hurting my ears - that was 2 years ago.

We'd always sit a bit far back since the room was wayy fwd on deck 10. Never had an issue with sound. There was a group one night that wanted to have a loud conversation (and smoke) but other than that the sound from the movie was plenty loud even in the back.

When I've attended the dive-in movie, I think it was turned up a bit louder than normal since they were showing the Sing Along version of "Frozen".

I just kinda wish they'd turn on the captions so that people who are hearing impaired (like myself) could understand what was being said. D:

We were just on the Pride last month and the movies were pretty loud. They also had it in closed caption as well. PLUS, they played it on the speakers in the pool section, out the doors that close, by the other pool. You could actually be out there and still hear it and see it. LOL :p

I agree with the movies being quiet loud. I actually think that Carnival does a really good job with the movies. I don't recall ever having a problem hearing the movies because someone around me was disturbing me.

Some things I noticed on our recent cruise on the Breeze. Depending on the movie's soundtrack, it was either loud enough to hear most anywhere on deck, or so low that closed-captioning would have been a plus. If we sat near either the Red Frog or Blue Iguana bar, sometimes people talking would be a little annoying. The lounge chairs are not the most comfortable to sit in for two hours to watch a movie. If you sit in the back, near the sliding doors, every time someone walks in or out of the doors, you'll get a blast of cold air from the air-conditioning. It's a good idea to take the beach towels from your room as a cover-up, especially if you sit in the back, or if it's windy.

Edited by beachbum53

On my recent Breeze cruise, the movies were loud but not too loud. My cabin was right inside the door on Deck 11, opposite the screen an speakers. In my cabin, I could hear things like explosions. The music was a little louder though and I could usually tell what song was what.

When we were on the Freedom in April, the movies were very quiet. on the last sea day, my girls were looking forward to Big Hero 6, and it was at 6:00 and hard to see for the first half because it was still so light out. But, we love the movies under the stars and the popcorn :)

What type of movies played during your cruise?

Newer releases or older?

How many nights is there a movie played?

I've seen anything from Big Hero 6 to Dr Zhivago (don't know who at Carnival thought that would be a good movie for the big screen). 1 or two movies are played most every night.

On the Valor there was no problem hearing if you were in the area in front of the screen but, the only night we went, it started to rain half way through. Everyone moved to the area along the side of the deck that was under cover. There were some very loud groups on both sides making it difficult to hear. Loved the idea though. Sitting on the open deck with a blanket and popcorn watching a movie....it can't get any better.