What are your favorite things about Freedom and the Freedom class ships?

dreadpirate3

I am sailing in December on Freedom for the first time. The most modern cruise ship I have sailed on is Enchantment.

What are your favorite things, your favorite places, and what should we check out on embarkation day?

We have already purchased the buy one, get one free specialty dining and plan to visit Giovanni's Table and Chop's Steakhouse for dinners, and will be eating in the MDR the other evenings.

The Freedom class Solarium is my favorite.

Even though I like Voyager class better than Freedom class, I agree with you on this point. Moving the hot tubs in the Voyager class solarium outside the ship (cantilever) leaves more space inside the solarium for loungers.

I had several cruises on the Freedom class prior to my one this past March. For the first time I took advantage of the large showers, saunas, and steam rooms in the spa (no charge to use them). Only wish I had done this on past cruises on the Freedom class ships.

The only Freedom-class ship I've been on is Independence and it's probably my favorite ship (I haven't been on any RCCL class higher than that yet, unfortunately).

But my favorite part is definitely the Royal Promenade.

The only other cruise line I like is Princess, and I've been hesitant to go on one since their ships don't have something similar to the Royal Promenade. Unless I'm mistaken, they only have atriums.

We love EVERYTHING about the Freedom of the Seas. She is our favorite ship. We love the Solarium, the Royal Promenade, the ice rink, Sorrento's, the crew and the entertainment. Ship is just big enough without being too big I think. Although, I might change my mind about that after my Oasis cruise next year! Freedom is really a great ship.

I'm sailing freedom dec 17 for the first time as well. Done Oasis and Majesty/Monarch...loved all. Looking forward to something in the middle. Thanks to all for info, especially on spa, that was something I didn't like on Oasis. A massage was great but included no use of the spa, not even a locker and robe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I sailed on the Liberty of the Seas, while she was briefly based out of Bayonne....loved almost everything about her, except the lack of a "peek-a-boo" bridge view, that the Voyager class ships have (or had?)....

I especially loved having lunch in the main dining room...the only ship I have ever been on that offered a full sit-down table service, and in addition, a serve yourself salad bar and buffet set up in the center of the dining room...neat!:cool:

I think the others pretty much covered it. I love the diversity. If you want the more upbeat atmosphere of the sports/regular pools, you can have that. If you prefer the more peaceful serenity of the solarium, you can have that too. I love the Royal Promenade. Even if I'm not in the pub a lot, I do love the singer/guitar player in there. There is such a great variety of venues and things to do, yet they are all organized in way that makes it easy to find your way around. I was REALLY looking forward to my cruise on Allure last year, but found I prefer the Freedom class to the bigger ships.

I'm sailing freedom dec 17 for the first time as well. Done Oasis and Majesty/Monarch...loved all. Looking forward to something in the middle. Thanks to all for info, especially on spa, that was something I didn't like on Oasis. A massage was great but included no use of the spa, not even a locker and robe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are you on our roll call? It's been kind of quiet.

... I especially loved having lunch in the main dining room...the only ship I have ever been on that offered a full sit-down table service, and in addition, a serve yourself salad bar and buffet set up in the center of the dining room...neat!:cool:

To my knowledge, all RC ships offer this in the Main Dining Room on those days they are serving lunch.

To my knowledge, all RC ships offer this in the Main Dining Room on those days they are serving lunch.

We have experienced it on all three Sovereign class and the Enchantment OTS. They call it the tutti lunch.

We eat in the MDR every chance we get, as the WJ is not my favorite.

We have experienced it on all three Sovereign class and the Enchantment OTS. They call it the tutti lunch.

We eat in the MDR every chance we get, as the WJ is not my favorite.

I never knew....thanks for that info!

I guess I spend too much time at the WJ :D

I guess there's gotta be one in every crowd. I didn't dislike Indy when we sailed there... seriously, at least we're on a cruise... but for my money it just seemed like a bigger Voyager class without any extra "stuff", just more room and people.

The cantilevered Hot Tubs were awesome.

I am sailing in December on Freedom for the first time. The most modern cruise ship I have sailed on is Enchantment.

What are your favorite things, your favorite places, and what should we check out on embarkation day?

We have already purchased the buy one, get one free specialty dining and plan to visit Giovanni's Table and Chop's Steakhouse for dinners, and will be eating in the MDR the other evenings.

I forgot to mention earlier, the absolute best thing about the Freedom is you are fortunate enough to have our server we had the past two times on the Freedom. If you do MTD, ask if you can have Leo Serano as your server if he is available. He is a special individual and we hope he is still there when we sail the Freedom again in 18 months.

If you hit the Windjammer on the first night, they have a make your own pizza which is good and every second night of the cruise, they have a crepe station in the Windjammer - nice for a late night nibble.

Edited by Russ Lomas
add more info